Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Non-force Users beyond the class stories

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Non-force Users beyond the class stories

Lunablade
03.13.2018 , 07:54 AM | #21
I also agree with the people which said how the latest expansions were done in a way in which feels much more natural to play in them as a force user class than not.

On my BH I like that one chapter in KOTFE about the mandalorians and Shae Vizla , and would prefer to work in the future storylines more together with them than with the sith empire.

BlazeTomahawk
03.15.2018 , 02:49 PM | #22
I had no problem believing it with my Trooper. He obviously never trained as a Jedi but he knows hes Force sensitive. There have been many time when, in desperate need, hes calmed down lightning on his enemies (Heroic Moment legacy skil). When empowered by Valkorian its not above the imagination that he can fight Arcann and Vaylin and win.

McBaal
03.16.2018 , 04:02 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by AbilityDrain View Post
I've only played through the expansions with my Smuggler toon so far and I've found (at least for me) that it worked surprisingly well with that particular non-force using class, especially the way I've been roleplaying her.

Given how the Smuggler's class story has seen them being dragged into all sorts of drama simply for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, going forward into the expansions is just an escalation of the ever-increasing trouble they seem to find themselves in, which I find highly comical. All my Smuggler wanted to do was fly around the galaxy engaging in petty crime and the occasional gun for hire gig, but ends up ruling part of the galaxy completely against her will. The best part of it is that you can complain and protest about your new role(s) throughout both expansions.

As for the battles feeling unsuited for non-force users, it's worth taking into account that we have Valkorion dwelling inside us so even if you don't make use of his powers directly, he's still giving you an edge in battle and preventing you from dying (for example, when Arcann thrusts his lightsaber into your chest, Valkorion keeps you alive where you would've otherwise died).

I also feel that Valkorion's interest in the protagonist (regardless of achievements and class) is largely due to his own over-inflated ego. We interfered and irritated him so much on Ziost that I got the impression that he decided it would be entertaining to toy with us for a while before hollowing us out, partly for revenge and partly for his own amusement like a predator playing with its prey before they kill it.
Since i play my own new smuggler right now i have the feeling that from all non force sensitive classes, the smuggler works best during KOTFE and KOTET.
The smuggler is the number 1 in the galactic underworld, an infamous pirate / charming outlaw with an entire pirate / buccaneer fleet under his command or at his side.
The smuggler knows how to lead, it is said by multiple NPCs that the captain is inspiring loyalty. Especially leading a bunch of misfits and underdogs is nothing new to him when Lana declares the captain as the commander of the alliance. Also the smuggler is among the most neutral PCs. Sure, he works for the republic. But mostly for the money and to have a safe haven after robbing riches of the empire. I see the smuggler more as a Sir Francis Drake kind of character than a Han Solo flyboy.

Valkorion sees the PCs as a potential asset. The emperor is cunning, manipulative and charming. Of course he strokes the PCs ego to get him / her to join his empire, be it a Jedi Knight, smuggler or Bounty Hunter. If you read his "only you...", "you are special..." etc lines from a solely manipulative point of view they feel less out of place.
And as you just stated we never fight Arcann, Vaylin or Valkorion alone. Either Valkorion is helping us or his family is. During the first fight with Vaylin it is Valkorion who safes the PC. While it always irritates me to listen "she would have killed you" after my SI just beat the crap out of her and is hard to kill thanks to her force ghosts making her almost immortal, i do see the point why BW decided to write the fight this way. It's just a pride thing why i watch the scene with distaste

xakrepx
03.16.2018 , 06:12 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by cool-dude View Post
following in the exact shoes as Vitiate did in his rise to power. Vitiate started as a runt viewed as a weakling, then became the most powerful being alive.
"When he was just a child of six, he was able to use the Force to kill his adoptive father by breaking his neck with a mere thought. And when he was only ten years old, he was able to strip the Sith Lord Dramath of his power and mind in a confrontation."

Wouldn't call that nothing but jokes aside I agree with you, force users definitely fit with the story much better. I also think it's very fitting for Sith characters to reach the pinnacle of power, it really makes the whole journey from acolyte feel much more potent, especially considering it's likely that the Warrior/Inq will recreate the Empire afterwards.

Storm-Cutter
03.16.2018 , 06:49 AM | #25
they wrote about 60% of one story and ran out of money.

Still there are shiny trailers and stuff to buy on the cartel market.

If you can get your head around non-force characters going through the ongoing story after vanilla, then fair play to you. - But for some people, the holes in the plot are even wider when non-force sensitive' characters get involved.

There may be times at which you go
"Why don't I just shoot this person instead of hearing them yammer on?"
and
"I couldn't force-leap this gap before - how come I can now?"

-etc.
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

TalonVII
03.18.2018 , 08:35 AM | #26
Just finished my smuggler and well I made a Deadpool copy(made him a massively scarred Ratataki) and well with what we know about Deadpool, it kinda works with the healing factor and the like. Only complaint I can't mount a pair of swords(even if I can't use them) on his back.

It works ok....but I'd rather do the dual story I outlined earlier.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

bluehufsa
03.20.2018 , 01:17 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunablade View Post
I also agree with the people which said how the latest expansions were done in a way in which feels much more natural to play in them as a force user class than not.

On my BH I like that one chapter in KOTFE about the mandalorians and Shae Vizla , and would prefer to work in the future storylines more together with them than with the sith empire.
I've said this long time ago, the non force sensitives just don't fit in the story, especially in that chapter where you go to Odessen wilderness to talk to Valky and then encounter Satele and Marr's force ghost. Bla bla bla, the sides of the force, bla bla bla the knights of Zakuul use it as a reward.. " I'm a bounty hunter, dark and light don't matter much in my business" - the BH to Revan, Foundry FP.
"Rainbow Demon - pick up your heart and run

Rainbow Demon - lives for his sword and his gun"

Dracofish
03.20.2018 , 04:22 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by bluehufsa View Post
I've said this long time ago, the non force sensitives just don't fit in the story, especially in that chapter where you go to Odessen wilderness to talk to Valky and then encounter Satele and Marr's force ghost. Bla bla bla, the sides of the force, bla bla bla the knights of Zakuul use it as a reward.. " I'm a bounty hunter, dark and light don't matter much in my business" - the BH to Revan, Foundry FP.
Exactly...and I don't imagine Vitiate would be particularly interested in a force-blind meat suit.
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT

AbilityDrain
03.20.2018 , 04:45 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by bluehufsa View Post
What was the bloody point of that new "special weapon" anyway? Never even used it in the fight with Arcann because you just shield bash him into submission.

bluehufsa
03.21.2018 , 02:59 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by AbilityDrain View Post
What was the bloody point of that new "special weapon" anyway? Never even used it in the fight with Arcann because you just shield bash him into submission.
The point of that weapon is to get yet another useless thing gathering dust in your storage. LOL
"Rainbow Demon - pick up your heart and run

Rainbow Demon - lives for his sword and his gun"