Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Age of SoR/sub reward companions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Age of SoR/sub reward companions?

SteveTheCynic
03.16.2018 , 12:46 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracofish View Post
No, I was talking about female romance companions. They're all young. Vette. Jaesa. Ashara. Mako. Etc. So it would be refreshing to see a female romance companion (Lana) be older than the player character she is romancing...as with most of the male romance companions. By Iokath, it's quite possible to have a near-twenty-some-odd year difference between a female player character and her male romance. That doesn't really happen for male player characters.
Kaliyo is 29 as the game opens. Check her Codex entry. When you meet her, Nadia Grell is supposed to be 22 or so, I believe, which makes her pretty close to the age of the player character (Consular) if you follow my headcanon of the classes' ages.

I always found that Ashara "felt" older than you suggest, but with an epic naivete.

And the reason I pursued the male companions was because you mentioned Quinn and Andronikos, who are demonstrably not female.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

BenKatarn
03.16.2018 , 12:51 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
I always found that Ashara "felt" older than you suggest, but with an epic naivete
Mako is 19.
Ashara is 20.
Kira is 20.
Jaesa is 21.
Vette is 21.
Risha is 21.
Nadia is 22.
Temple is 24.
Elara is 26.
Akaavi is 28.
Kaliyo is 29.

All based on the SWTOR Encyclopedia. I'm assuming these ages apply to the beginning of the game, not when you actually encounter them, which for instance would make Temple at least one year older since chapter 2 is supposed to be 1 year after the prologue and chapter 1.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

Dracofish
03.16.2018 , 03:16 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post

You are obviously entitled to your opinion, but I'm personally ok with it, though I'd meet you halfway on the basis of me wanting to have another post-KOTFE female romance option that other than Lana. Right now, she's the only option when it comes to a potential lesbian romance, whereas you have three potentially gay romances with Theron, Koth and Arcann next week. Would be nice to have another woman as an option, no? And I am by no means saying that I'd want, say, Senya as a love interest. That'd be so wrong on so many levels, and her age is not even the biggest issue for me.
I think you're misunderstanding me. I never wanted to get into the "how many" fairness debate. Yes, they should indeed include more f/f options, of course. And more m/m options. And by everything that is holy, give us girls a chance to romance a male Force user that is actually part of the story (because Arcann will likely be a paperweight after a single 2min cutscene...I'm still pulling my hair out over Scourge). Oh, and more actual flirts and one-nighters for female player characters because that's way off-balance. And might as well add poly-romance options to the wish list while we're at it. But that's not where I was trying to steer this conversation, as we were only talking about character ages.

All I was saying is that most of the base female romance options, other than Kaliyo and Akaavi, are pretty young, whereas most of the base male romance options, other than Torian and Corso, are older.

That's all I'm saying. It would have been refreshing for them to have made Lana older (with as much age gap as we see with some of the males)...as many people have done so in their heads.

Quote:
I guess we can be grateful they didn't update their character models to appear even older then?
I would have actually preferred character model updates. I'm almost thirty-seven. A little salt n' pepper is just fine by me. Theron's model does seem to have a little bit of silvering at his temples, though it could just be me who sees it. And for the purposes of my fanfiction, aging will most certainly be a thing.
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT

Dracofish
03.16.2018 , 03:22 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Kaliyo is 29 as the game opens. Check her Codex entry. When you meet her, Nadia Grell is supposed to be 22 or so, I believe, which makes her pretty close to the age of the player character (Consular) if you follow my headcanon of the classes' ages.

I always found that Ashara "felt" older than you suggest, but with an epic naivete.

And the reason I pursued the male companions was because you mentioned Quinn and Andronikos, who are demonstrably not female.
Yes, and as mentioned above, this demonstrates my conclusion that the majority of female romance options are close in age (or younger) to a male player character...whereas a good number of the male romance options are older...a couple by a lot.

Having older male romance options doesn't bother me (Andronikos is actually my favorite). It just feels like a disparity to me.

Just for funsies, here are the ages of the male romances at the start of the game - 3643 BBY

Torian - 17
Corso - 22
Vector - 26
Doc - 27
Jorgan - 30
Iresso - 30
Andronikos - 35
Quinn - 37
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT