Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

It is time for BIOWARE to balance PVP with real purpose

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
It is time for BIOWARE to balance PVP with real purpose

Amunra-amunray
06.27.2019 , 03:34 AM | #1
I am not being Selfish with the game,,,, the developers and their PTS teams they collaborate with are... that to me seems like the 1% of players in this game, While there far more players and subscribers and potential subscribers if you stick to the plot of STAR WARS not DEV wars.,,,

"Do the Best and Spare the Rest!" Joe Pirandello
My Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/qYLGd9

Lhancelot
06.27.2019 , 07:16 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Amunra-amunray View Post
I am not being Selfish with the game,,,, the developers and their PTS teams they collaborate with are... that to me seems like the 1% of players in this game, While there far more players and subscribers and potential subscribers if you stick to the plot of STAR WARS not DEV wars.,,,

Agreed. I don't care what they do, they just need to DO something. This meta is so old and stale... Same classes been on top for 3 years now. Come on BW, make some changes!

I am hoping their new special class specific ability boosts (or whatever they are calling them) are worked into the game in a way that puts all the classes closer in balance to one another and add fun to the classes as well.

So many fun things been removed over the years from many of the classes in the name of "balance," I am sick of nerfs that only suck the fun out of the classes. Just a reminder to BW don't do this, please. Make changes that help balance PVP/PVE yet doesn't neuter any specs to a point their not as fun to play.

Some of the things I personally wish they would change/add to some specific classes:

Spoiler
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

Werronious
06.29.2019 , 03:42 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Agreed. I don't care what they do, they just need to DO something. This meta is so old and stale... Same classes been on top for 3 years now. Come on BW, make some changes!

I am hoping their new special class specific ability boosts (or whatever they are calling them) are worked into the game in a way that puts all the classes closer in balance to one another and add fun to the classes as well.

So many fun things been removed over the years from many of the classes in the name of "balance," I am sick of nerfs that only suck the fun out of the classes. Just a reminder to BW don't do this, please. Make changes that help balance PVP/PVE yet doesn't neuter any specs to a point their not as fun to play.

Some of the things I personally wish they would change/add to some specific classes:

Spoiler
Mercs are meta and will be always meta cause 1 and only dev plays them. Prepare to be oneshotted in 6.0.

The_X
06.29.2019 , 09:26 PM | #4
...the whole game is changing in 6.0.

Fellow-Canadian
06.29.2019 , 11:51 PM | #5
I agree with the sentiment that bioware has never really balanced the PVP meta in a thoughtful way. Consistently since 2.0, I have observed a big class shake up with every expansion followed by a DPS balance check on the worst offenders. I think bioware reaches a certain point where they decided we've done enough for now and in a year and a half when we release an expansion, we can just fix any remaining problems then. I think the length of time between meaningful changes just leaves wounds to fester for too long. it would be more desirable to have smaller incremental changes than huge sweeping changes that require further rebalance.

What it all means is that for the next expansion, once we see how the PVP meta looks we can expect it will stay that way.
The Canadian Legacy
Check out my PVP videos on my YouTube channel.

DavidAtkinson
06.30.2019 , 01:35 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Amunra-amunray View Post

Before you make another let's cry about classes thread remember that the state of classes in PVP is like this mostly because of the whiners in this forum section...

Every time a class was kinda strong and had a clear edge over others, (hatred 2.0 for example) the nerf threads were happening on daily basis and now look at hatred, pure trash...

Also, your assumption is kinda flawed. If you want to contribute to class balance transfer a toon to PTS... We can all do that.

Yamahara
06.30.2019 , 05:15 PM | #7
I just want a dcd buff for my VG/PT.
Lukewarm Tauntauns