How about an update to your Community Page?

PorsaLindahl

Seriously. That information is severely outdated. Get off the CM for a day and update your Community page.

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Road Map 2017

See what's next for SWTOR with Producer Keith Kanneg!

I'm sure we're all excited to see what's planned for 2017!

The Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Cantina Tour Arrives in New York!

We’re happy to announce that the next stop in the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Community Cantina Tour will be happening on Friday, October 7th, 2016!

Definitely don't want to miss the Cantina Tour!

New Pack Opening Experience

With the launch of Game Update 4.7 we are introducing a new feature which will enhance the pack opening experience for all packs.

This new pack opening experience still has me all giddy. :rolleyes:

If I were someone that's visiting the website for the first time, I'd look at those dates and just close the site and go about my business.

I have their news on a rss feed. They sure keep it updated with the cartel market. If they just put 1/10 of the energy into keeping that one page updated it wouldn't be in such a sad state. I don't use twitter or other social media for game updates or whatever (just imagine the havoc I could wreak on their twitter page since I'd be able to speak (type) my mind without having to worry about some whiners complaining and reporting me for hurting their feelings. ;) ). Sorry, I got carried away. :p

I don't know. Maybe having it that way is a more honest representation of what's going on. Why make it appear as if new and fresh activities are going on when they are not?

Haha! Truth in advertising eh? Just rename it to the DGAF section.

There are many areas of the site that need to be updated / fixed. Just look at all the forum categories. There are caps from removed sections, missing images, etc. The site itself could use a full revamp / update. It's been pretty much the same for 7 years.

Agreed.

There are many areas of the site that need to be updated / fixed. Just look at all the forum categories. There are caps from removed sections, missing images, etc. The site itself could use a full revamp / update. It's been pretty much the same for 7 years.

Very true! But I find the outdated Community Blog and the lack of a direct link to the Latest News page especially annoying, for some reason. Though something changed for me recently (not sure whether it was the site or my browser), and I no longer get a window showing the Community Blog every time I open the forums.

Haha! Truth in advertising eh? Just rename it to the DGAF section.

Excellent suggestion, stick that in their suggestion box please. :p

Now that's funny. :D

What's funnier is thinking about all those that are out there googling that to figure out what it means. :D

I think the UrbanDictionary knows exactly what that acronym was that Kodrac created. Better watch it, Kodrac!

Also, I do not use Twitter, facebook, etc. Amazes me that they don't bother updating their own website for the game though.

I realize many people are in love with all the different social media platforms, however I am not. I prefer using the forums for the game they were created for and not outside media outlets.

Edited by Lhancelot

I think the UrbanDictionary knows exactly what that acronym was that Kodrac created. Better watch it, Kodrac!

That was the whole point of the statement. It makes me laugh to think of all those looking it up in their "internet bible" to make sure that it means what it means. :p

Figure it would mean hiring a writer and someone to proof read it and then send it up the chain to be accepted. Even if it were the case, these things cost money in manpower and computing resources. something Bioware might not have or it is all devoted to Anthem.

Figure it would mean hiring a writer and someone to proof read it and then send it up the chain to be accepted. Even if it were the case, these things cost money in manpower and computing resources. something Bioware might not have or it is all devoted to Anthem.

You're talking like they'd have to create a new template, and spend hours working on it, each time they put some news out. The template's already there. It would take less than 5 minutes to update those headlines. They are just links to the actual new articles. They're just too lazy to do it.

It's basic website design. Even a monkey could do it. :rolleyes:

Seriously. That information is severely outdated. Get off the CM for a day and update your Community page.

That is halarious. I just clicked the link on the "login service unavailable" message and was directed to that page - I thought the exact same thing. If I was a new player and stumbled across that page I would be like I am out, this game is dead.

I really doubt EA proof reads.

Making sure content on your website is updated is pretty much a requirement in multimedia. It is kind of like paying the electric bill. If you are an online company and you don't update content regularly, you are pretty much saying "I don't really get this business thing".

You're assuming they still have a web team, and it's not some poor temp or intern hired once in a blue moon to update the site.

They obviously do since the actual news section gets updates. I can access them directly from my RSS feeds. They're just not taking the time to keep the community home page updated. Something that takes just a few minutes to do. It's pure laziness.

That was the whole point of the statement. It makes me laugh to think of all those looking it up in their "internet bible" to make sure that it means what it means. :p

I have an addon for my browser. I mark a word, then right-click and choose "Urban Dictionary". You have no idea how often I have to use this addon these days. :eek::D

As for the topic: I am highly bothered by the community page. Just checked it again last week again. I cannot understand how they have so little respect for their own product. It really just takes a few minutes to update such a page, whether with a CMS or even directly in the code with Notepad.

Then again, as someone noted in this thread: Maybe they are just being honest about the state of their game.