Scripts in PVP

Crawelc

This is a heavily edited and sanitized quote from a conversation I had with a friend. I hope no one is offended by it and I surely hope the devs have a response to this. I am frankly shocked that this type of thing can even work in an MMO and it does absolutely call into question the rateing of every single team and player in this game. It also brings up the question of why even have season 1 of rateds start when this kind of thing is possible.

EDIT:These are pixel reading 3rd party scritps. NOT Macros, Not Bots.

Hey man. Just an FYI. I deleted ALL of my toons and unsubscribed about a week ago. Sorry. I went as far as I could with that game and it's time for me to move on. I will say that in the end, I came to realize how much automation is being used at the high end of the PvP game.

I wrote a script for my toon that could execute the best attack all the time, even look at my procs and manage

resources. All I really had to do was position myself well and the script did the rest. It tore people apart. I had a pocket healer one voidstart and hit 600k by just using my mouse/movement keys. I couldn't solo everyone, but I rarely lost a 1v1.

I wrote a smart heal for my Sage healer and started hitting even higher heals per second too.

Anyhow, after doing this, It became obvious that a lot of other players are doing the same. Little things give it away, but once you're using these scripts, you start to notice when other people are too.I played the game for the first year with the barest of automation. Just an autohotkey macro to bind my self target modifier. Clearly, I was naive to not realize so many other people were going to go a lot farther

Edited by Crawelc

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My original post on this topic since it was deleted.

It has come to my attention that some pvp'ers are using the program MacroGoblin to pvp with and not just any pvp'ers but ones that are said to be top tier as rumors go. This is something that shouldn't be happening and is just as bad as hacking the game when it comes to pvp.

Xerain if you post this in the forums ill be your best friend. Hey man. Just an FYI. I deleted ALL of my toons and unsubscribed about a week ago. I deleted about 10-15 million credits too. Sorry. I went as far as I could with that game and it's time for me to move on. I will say that in the end, I came to realize how much automation is being used at the high end of the PvP game. I wrote a macrogoblin script for my Shadow that could execute the best attack all the time, even look at my procs and manage resources. All I really had to do was position myself well and the script did the rest. It raped people. I had a pocket healer one voidstart and hit 600k by just using my mouse/movement keys. I couldn't solo everyone, but I rarely lost a 1v1.I wrote a smart heal for my Sage healer and started hitting even higher heals per second too, although, sage still required a lot more thinking even with the automation.Anyhow, after doing this, It became obvious that a lot of other players are doing the same. Little things give it away, but once you're using these scripts, you start to notice when other people are too.I played the game for the first year with the barest of automation. Just an autohotkey macro to bind my self target modifier. Clearly, I was naive to not realize so many other people were going to go a lot farther.

So Bioware you going to do anything about this?

They deleted the last post really?

Ridiculous.

Bioware really wants this to be a hush hush topic, I don't think they can get a grip on it just like they can't get a grip on hacking and exploiting.

I fully support this thread and hope to god Bioware can give us feed back so we can be enlighten how they will handle it.

Edited by Caeliux

Please Please Please read the op of this thread before trolling. If you care anything about having an actual rated warzone scene at all in this game this must be addressed.

let me re clarify i want this to get as many responses as possible the average joe has no clue what a script is its basically hacking i agree with the OP and i want this to be resolved i just weant everyone to see it

There was a dev response that I read but can't find now that talked about this and other programs that people use. The other porgrams are the ones that come with the logitech and razer keyboards (even the ones endorsed by SW:TOR) that have certain functions to create macros, keybindings, etc. The response, if recall correctly, stated that certain portions (key word) of the program are ok to use but other not.

They said if you use the portion of the program where you can write in the delay between presses (lets say your rotation is 1,2,3,4,5 and all five are binded to "G12" key. Between each number is a 1.5 sec delay to account for the GCD) that this is against the rules. The dev also said any "looping" (example given was a+b+c+a+b+c) of powers/attacks is also against the rules. Said that this was way too close to botting. There were about 5 or 6 examples that the dev gave but these are the 2 that I can remember.

I tried to find it to post the response here but couldn't. I remember the thread arguing on why SWTOR would endorse the keyboards/mice and then ban those for using the programs that come with it. I'll keep looking for the dev response so that it can clear things up...if anyone else can find it, please post it.

lol that's a pretty huge accusation.

Its not an accusation. It is an indictment of the games system. I am not calling anyone out by name. I am only saying that it is there. It is easy. It is being used.