Level 50 Legacy

Kiaxn

Yeah, Legacy would need some serious juicing up, specially if you plan to monotize it, you want people to go crazy for the stuffs that's in there, and most of it is kind of meh.

Solution #1: For every level of legacy you have, you get that % off the cost of account-wide Legacy perks in in-game currency. Level 50? Enjoy having all of those perks and unlocks cost 50% less.

#2: 10 cartel coins per legacy level, every month, if you're subbed. This isn't game-breaking in F2P, it rewards subs and veteran players.

#3: Every time you start a new character, for every 10 levels of legacy, you get to buy one character-specific unlock for free. Keeps those of us at Legacy 50 still rolling new alts.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Solution #1: For every level of legacy you have, you get that % off the cost of account-wide Legacy perks in in-game currency. Level 50? Enjoy having all of those perks and unlocks cost 50% less.

#2: 10 cartel coins per legacy level, every month, if you're subbed. This isn't game-breaking in F2P, it rewards subs and veteran players.

#3: Every time you start a new character, for every 10 levels of legacy, you get to buy one character-specific unlock for free. Keeps those of us at Legacy 50 still rolling new alts.

Totally support this in some form. Think I'm like lvl 44 or so now. Perks should definitely get cheaper the higher the level.

Give Korrealis Baron or all the Korrealis speeders back for Level 50 Legacy.

No, some of us actually did the work to get them! I would not mindd to get another Korrealis with anouther paintjob, but the old oney should be just for the people who got them back when we could get them.

Unlock a new character slot every 10 legacy levels. Players at legacy 50 will have 16 slots, enough for all 16 AC's in the game! (or male/female or light/dark of every class).

Your math is weird, every 10 level to 50 would mean that one gets 5 character slots extra, not 4.

Edited by Drudenfusz

what hard work is involved with playing a game and automatically gained legacy as youre earning xp?

you dont specificalyl have to level up legacy, it just happens as you progress.

This.

Why anyone would think they're owed anything for leveling legacy is beyond me since it requires no extra effort on a players part.

I talked to Lead Designer Damion Schubert about Legacy Level 50 and potential rewards, and here's what he said:

We are currently looking at things we can add to the Legacy page - in particular, Legacy will need some juicing up after the Cartel Market goes live - but I wouldn't expect any changes until after the Free-to-Play update at least.

Thanks for the update.

I don't see how giving us at least a title would need so much time invested that you guys can't fit it in before F2P hits (especially since people have been hitting 50 since February-March), but at least we know something might happen.

Honestly , the legacy system for leveling up is sort of pointless. Sure, there's a small amount of "gated" content that requires certain legacy levels, but overall they're pointless. It's only the stuff you buy or stuff that is independent of legacy level (companion presence bonus, unlocking races for certain classes, etc.) matter. But simply being Legacy lvl 50 does nothing in-of-itself. Even if it did, I'm sure you guys would make it cost 10mil credits to unlock with your legacy level 15. =/

I talked to Lead Designer Damion Schubert about Legacy Level 50 and potential rewards, and here's what he said:

We are currently looking at things we can add to the Legacy page - in particular, Legacy will need some juicing up after the Cartel Market goes live - but I wouldn't expect any changes until after the Free-to-Play update at least.

its not just legacy level 50 stuff that is needed. it is anything beyond legacy level 25.

It would be nice if at legacy 50 there was a perk allowing you to get a bunch of exp from class quests so world quests became optional. Most of us at legacy 50 have done all the world quests several times over.

I want to see the storys of the 2 classes I haven't seen yet but the thought of doing the world quests again just makes me log off.

I dont think its just legacy 50 that needs to be looked at but legacy in general. I know its all about changing how you level toon 2, 3 and 4 but I have 5 lv 50's and dont plan to do another one without a good reason. As it stands I see legacy as largly pointless.

While I know it would never happen I would love very high levels to unlock more alien species. Most legacy lv 40's have probably got a number of lv 50 characters and done a number of the stories so who cares if a few conversations dont make sence a lot of people with multiple lv 50's will try and skip a lot of the non class story any way.

meh i agree that it needs an update of sorts. i have lvl 37 legacy and ive bought some stuff, but i really dont think that some of the stuff is worth paying all those credits for.

What would i like to see in legacy for purchase.

1. companion pets

2. legacy gear open to all alts

3. changes to the look of your ship.

meh blah suggestions i know but i think for most its the high cost of what we have now that puts some off to buying some of it.

Personally i think the cost should scale lower with the higher you go with legacy level.

I have to say, I'm really surprised you guys don't get bothered by biowares copy and paste replies.

"I just spoke to (insert name and job description) concerning ( insert issue brought up) and they say they're looking into it." I knew this was going to be the response as soon as I saw the bioware response symbol. Just feels very artificial to me. Oh, and it almost always ends with "won't happen until after (insert next patch name). You guys do realize its just a tactic to shut you up, right? Not cool, man. Not cool.

I have to say, I'm really surprised you guys don't get bothered by biowares copy and paste replies.

"I just spoke to (insert name and job description) concerning ( insert issue brought up) and they say they're looking into it." I knew this was going to be the response as soon as I saw the bioware response symbol. Just feels very artificial to me. Oh, and it almost always ends with "won't happen until after (insert next patch name). You guys do realize its just a tactic to shut you up, right? Not cool, man. Not cool.

I think most people got accustomed to getting just useless answers from BioWare, so nobody cares anymore.

Edited by Drudenfusz

Here's a perk, allow an allegience swap at Legacy 50. There are several stories that lead the player to believe they could easily switch sides. Other than than, having five 50's (with another 13 levels from 50) and no progressive perks for 50 really blows.

BTW, my last 2 toons only did class missions, FP's and PVP to level. The 37 gaurdian was cap level for balmora and I'm leveling it way faster than I would if I was doing the planetary missions.

It does help to get to valor 30-40 with 2k or more WZ coms while leveling, so when you hit the premade's point bonanza at 50, you are able to buy a few pieces of BM to mix in with the crappy Recruit gear that lets you survive two of the three 5k+ crits you get hit with as soon as you jump out of a spawn point while stunned and waiting for your resolve bar to fill. Unless you are crazy enough to hit your cc breaker and get immediately stun locked for the last crit sending you back to your spawn point..

In other words you will need to pay for legacy perks in cartel coins.

Regarding the legacys perks i think it fails the purpose.

When i see legacy perks appear i said nice it will help people that wanna make alts a little more pleasent and making the game not so much repetitive because we can buff alts a little more to easy the level up.

the price of the stuff its completely insane specially theones that are not shared with all the alts.

If we start a new alt and dont have much money in the main char or dont want suport the alt with the money of the main that char until he gets enough money to start using the perks in legacy it's completely crazy when an alt can afford to start buying perks for that char he alredy is level 30 or so and mean that a lot of money grind was made.

Fail in my opinios the legacy perks system.

Lol! Well.... I just capped Legacy yesterday. I'm pretty proud of it... but I would like a little something...

How about a title? "Iron Butt" for all the sitting I've done the last couple of months. Something...

I don't need a legacy re-vamp or any "juicing up" per say.

Give lvl 50 legacy the ability to customize more with existing items.

For example we can use a dye system, or color our speeder with certain colors and use a combination of different patterns as well.

edit: also i am not lvl 50 legacy.

however... restricting it from people without the legacy is not the intention, but makes it accesible for free for the ones with lvl 50 legacy.

Edited by VegaPhone

Lol! Well.... I just capped Legacy yesterday. I'm pretty proud of it... but I would like a little something...

How about a title? "Iron Butt" for all the sitting I've done the last couple of months. Something...

I don't need a legacy re-vamp or any "juicing up" per say.

Greetings, Sir Iron Butt.

Edited by VegaPhone