Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The reason why we play this game is because of our charactrers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The reason why we play this game is because of our charactrers

Estelindis
12.02.2019 , 06:46 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
Everyone* thinks their favorite is being neglected and everyone thinks their area is important to the survival of the game. Everyone is right too!

*I am not literally saying everyone. I'm sure there are some people out there that are perfectly content with how much content their niche is getting.
This is so legit. Experience is subjective and can distort our sense of how much of each content type is being released. The best thing we can do is acknowledge our subjectivity... give up the claim to some objective view of the game... then keep telling BW what content we personally enjoy and want to see more.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

Shayddow
12.02.2019 , 07:35 PM | #32
I for one enjoy the various companions. However, they keep throwing the baby out with the bathwater when they make changes.
Case in point:

Treek. You used to be able to use conversations with Treek to gain influence with her. Not any more.
They added a cartel market option to customize treek's outfit. Ok, great, not for everyone, but , hey its a change...
EXCEPT.... in those conversations, which are the only interactions you have outside of a few cameos in the cantina on Odessan... She reverts to her unmodded appearance.

Fixing bugs:
They FINALLY got the elevators to work right in the Star Fortress flashpoints..... although they made these level 75 flashpoints, which doesn't follow story continuity or the expected level progression (i.e. there is a "easter egg" in KOTET 1 on Voss where if you have completed the Voss star fortress you are "rewarded" by not having to fight your way thru a few more trash mobs.).

They completely took away flashpoints that were fun to solo in "story mode"...i.e. there IS no more "story" mode for Athiss, Mandalorian Raiders, etc) at the proper "level". And a chance to get a few nice decorations from same. Instead you have to group up and rush, rush, rush , rush through. No time to stop and smell the roses. What's the big hurry? We all die soon enough. Life is short. We should be able to take our time at our own mode.

FIxing things they broke.... 2 of my characters (on different servers) are now stuck at exactly the same point and can't progress due to the change they made which glitched "player-walker"combat…..Showdown on Iokath, the part with 3 sentinels in the room that are impossible to fight. Both of them I don't want to just jump to Odessan with and ignore the rest of the story... 1. Trooper that wants to have reunion with Elara and 2. IMP agent (DS) that wants to be able to finish this and save Theron (although she is Dark Side, she still likes Theron … and if I jumped her to Odessan, they'd do the Imperial default choices on her. She managed to get thru the Voss Walker, and the beginning of the current story, but the sentinel part has her stumped.
Yes... Choices matter, but if we can't GET to that point in the story, we can't MAKE those choices.

I'd like to see more effort put into improving some of the "old content" instead of just a rush for a "shiny new toy".

And, for the record, I LIKED being able to solo a world boss back in the day.
Shekkel,70 Nimrossa, 70 |Ebon Hawk
Shassella, 70 Barzella, 70 | Begeran
Adonnah, 70 Kydosh, 70 |Harbinger
Tashha, 70 Svgon, 70

Goreshaga
12.03.2019 , 03:00 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Shayddow View Post
FIxing things they broke.... 2 of my characters (on different servers) are now stuck at exactly the same point and can't progress due to the change they made which glitched "player-walker"combat…..Showdown on Iokath, the part with 3 sentinels in the room that are impossible to fight. Both of them I don't want to just jump to Odessan with and ignore the rest of the story... 1. Trooper that wants to have reunion with Elara and 2. IMP agent (DS) that wants to be able to finish this and save Theron (although she is Dark Side, she still likes Theron … and if I jumped her to Odessan, they'd do the Imperial default choices on her. She managed to get thru the Voss Walker, and the beginning of the current story, but the sentinel part has her stumped.
Yes... Choices matter, but if we can't GET to that point in the story, we can't MAKE those choices.
I'm stuck on the same fight with a BH and don't want to skip either because i want to play the whole story, but if the only reason you don't want to skip with your IA is to save Theron, then you may be interested to know that he's saved by default on all characters whether they're imp or pub, DS or LS and he stays in the Alliance. The only differerence is that you won't have his new outfit and hairstyle customization if you don't play the traitor arc.
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters