HM Karagga's Lockout

Tonight We tried to finish up Karagga's palace hardmode 16 man. We did one attempt on Karagga and wiped. After the wipe everyone was forced to zone out and then no one could zone back in because it was saying we could not enter an instance while an encounter was in progress.

To fix this first bug we tried to reset the phase and zone back in, didn't work though. So we reformed the entire group, set it to 16 man hard and zoned in. The speeder was no longer there and the trash to bonethrasher had respawned. We decided to clear the bonethrasher trash and apparently the trash was set to normal difficulty, as well as bonethrasher. Before anyone says anything, the instance was definitely set to hard mode before anyone had zoned in. We even set it to nightmare mode, and had the exact same thing happen.

We also tried having someone else start the raid group and then zone in from there, for some people the speeder was there, for other it was not.

I know this game has a lot of bugs, but this was just a little bit much. We called the raid and hopefully a soft reset overnight will fix this.

We, <Ambient> 10/10 NM 16man, had that issue a few times on a few bosses.

Seems tied to someone exiting area instead of dying and releasing, or someone stealthing out of combat inside his little room. We started calling for a full raid wipe, everyone dying, instead and haven't come across the issue since.

It is possible that it was just random events that tied exit area to that bug, so all I'll say is that we had the instance say we could not enter an instance while an encounter was in progress when people exited area, with all 16 outside, and had to reset but have not had that bug since we stopped using exit area.

Edited by Braket

people exiting area works very well...like 90% of the time.

but we've run across this bug in a few different places, and there have always been some people who exited area before the bug occurred.

My guess is that sometime when you exit area, the server doesn't register that you left combat...and so you are in combat with the boss even though you are out of the instance.

but we've run across this bug in a few different places, and there have always been some people who exited area before the bug occurred.

My guess is that sometime when you exit area, the server doesn't register that you left combat...and so you are in combat with the boss even though you are out of the instance.

Got a question, if it's tied to the person exiting area, if you droped raid and reformed with the exited player as raid lead would that fix the issue?

The reason I ask is I exited are on a buged console EV HM pylon encounter and we encountered the can't reenter instance bug/mechanic/issue. I was not lead on the initial encounter but I reformed the raid as lead, reset phase, reset to HM-8 and it worked like a charm. So again my question were we lucky or could that be a work-around?

Edited by BMBender

so if that player logs off it should fix the issue?

Got a question, if it's tied to the person exiting area, if you droped raid and reformed with the exited player as raid lead would that fix the issue?

The reason I ask is I exited are on a buged console EV HM pylon encounter and we encountered the can't reenter instance bug/mechanic/issue. I was not lead on the initial encounter but I reformed the raid as lead, reset phase, reset to HM-8 and it worked like a charm. So again my question were we lucky or could that be a work-around?

so if that player logs off it should fix the issue?

You guys both asked basically the same question...and I suppose if I'm right as to what causes the bug, it'd work.

In the past, when we've encountered this bug we just switched to KP or to EV (depending on which one bugged). And since then we just have a rule, don't exit area.

We had another bug. We couldn't enter the instance. We get the loading screen and would just get back to the entrance. EV worked though. We tried resetting, switching modes, disbanding operations, switching leadership, nothing worked. Edited by Schwick

• 3 weeks later...

Same problem, *********** pathetic... seems like one failure after another.

They can't even get the new cooldown timers right, I MEAN CMON?

You would think half of these complaints and problems would of been resolved halfway through the six years it took them to make this game.

Please fire everyone you pay to test your game and fix your game, and rehire people who are atleast half retarded.