Reinvigorate the "Darth" and "Master" titles.

JidaiDerriphan

Hello SWTOR community, as a long time player and life long Star Wars fan it saddens me that the most prestigious Sith and Jedi titles are so easily earned in this game. Originally at launch it was pretty awesome to see Darths walking around but upon hitting level 50 and getting the title myself I rarely used it because how common it had already become. Jedi masters and Sith Darths are supposed to be the most powerful force users in the galaxy and that feeling (to me) has been completely lost over the last 2 years.

This is a pre-suggestion post to gather community opinion on what the actual suggestion should be to Bioware- The basic idea I have is that they should edit some of the story line to change the titles received at the end of the story missions, and replace the original requirement with much more difficult requirements, to bring back the prestige to the Darth and Jedi Master titles.

So the requirements might be something like:

Finish Class Storyline

100 Valor

Social X

50 Legacy

at least 1 legend standing

Datacron master

Lore Master

Does anyone think this idea could gain community support or should I not even suggest it? If you have ideas/input feel free to share, I didn't want to make the requirements impossible , but enough difficulty to restore the prestige.

I vote no to any suggestion that restricts players and invents more artificial castes. Bad enough we have the deadly Trinity of PVEers, PVPers and RPers tearing at each other. Now creating a barrier between players over titles?

I don't want to be the guy who craps on people, I really don't. Your appreciation for the titles of Darth and Master are a boon to your Star Wars fan cred. But this is a game, after all. Not everyone wants to grind out just to get a title that, as you have stated yourself, doesn't really mean anything at all.

Hello SWTOR community, as a long time player and life long Star Wars fan it saddens me that the most prestigious Sith and Jedi titles are so easily earned in this game. Originally at launch it was pretty awesome to see Darths walking around but upon hitting level 50 and getting the title myself I rarely used it because how common it had already become. Jedi masters and Sith Darths are supposed to be the most powerful force users in the galaxy and that feeling (to me) has been completely lost over the last 2 years.

This is a pre-suggestion post to gather community opinion on what the actual suggestion should be to Bioware- The basic idea I have is that they should edit some of the story line to change the titles received at the end of the story missions, and replace the original requirement with much more difficult requirements, to bring back the prestige to the Darth and Jedi Master titles.

Finish Class Storyline

100 Valor

Social X

50 Legacy

Datacron master

Lore Master

Does anyone think this idea could gain community support or should I not even suggest it? If you have ideas/input feel free to share, I didn't want to make the requirements impossible , but enough difficulty to restore the prestige.

There are many millions of force users in the galaxy at this point in time. You can't move ten feet without running into a force user NPC. Our characters ARE the most powerful in the galaxy.

Don't think it matters that much, story wise you pretty much earn it. Making it like an achievement is pointless since almost everything you listed comes with its own titles and achievements. Darth and Master tie too closely with the storyline as the topping on the cake when you finally finish it.

For example:

Knight story, you kill who you believe to be the Emperor. I think you deserve to be a Master after that.

and

Warrior story, you kill the impostor voice of the Emperor and restore order to the Dark Council as the Emperor's Wrath. So you obviously deserve the title of Darth.

So story wise, the titles make sense. Go for harder title achievements if you want something to show off, Darth and Master aren't it. My only beef is after you gain this position, you don't get to do much with it. Would like to see them expand your role as a Darth or Master, maybe with followers/apprentices beyond companions.

Edited by Drox

There are crapload of Darths during Imperial stories

There is a slightly fewer Masters in Republic stories, but still plenty.

And those titles are "earned" for great accomplishments in your character's personal story, which usually comes with you being one seriously powerful person. Remember, technically, there is only one Barsen'thor, one Wrath, etc, but there are craploads of those players.

There are crapload of Darths during Imperial stories

There is a slightly fewer Masters in Republic stories, but still plenty.

And those titles are "earned" for great accomplishments in your character's personal story, which usually comes with you being one seriously powerful person. Remember, technically, there is only one Barsen'thor, one Wrath, etc, but there are craploads of those players.

Indeed. Technically we are "canon" Old Republic characters.

No, because it would be inconsistent with the stories.

After everything I've done as a Jedi or Sith in my class story, it wouldn't make any sense for me not to be a Master or a Darth.

Just look at the Jedi Knight storyline. Are you really telling me that after I defeat the Chapter 3 boss, the Jedi Council are going to turn around and go: "hey, nice work, now let's continue your training and see if you can work a bit harder, k?"

I vote no to any suggestion that restricts players and invents more artificial castes. Bad enough we have the deadly Trinity of PVEers, PVPers and RPers tearing at each other. Now creating a barrier between players over titles?

I don't want to be the guy who craps on people, I really don't. Your appreciation for the titles of Darth and Master are a boon to your Star Wars fan cred. But this is a game, after all. Not everyone wants to grind out just to get a title that, as you have stated yourself, doesn't really mean anything at all.

Well, said! I agree with this 100%.

I don't agree with this, For the simple reason of everyone is the all star of their story. Do you think that you would kill the emperor and stay a jedi knight??? No, that would be absurd. Because in your storyline anyone else of the same class does not exist. They should keep the titles the way it is. Its not needed to change the master and darth titles simply because you don't think they are "prestigious" enough.

I don't think many people would take kindly to having their title ripped away.

I think adding "Grand Master" and "High Lord" or something of that nature would maybe be better suited toward having such high requirements.

I wouldn't mind having my Master title stripped away, the OP is right in a lot of ways. On a Pve server you should have to go through a lot more things like the Ops was talking about, but only doing a great number of things on the Pve side. and as for Pvp servers, they should have to earn it also by doing great things in Pvp.

If every1 thinks they really deserve their Master and Darth titles, than their either off their rockers and stroking their egos, or they really deserved their Master/Darth titles. Like i said, i wouldn't mind having my Master status taken' away.

If every1 thinks they really deserve their Master and Darth titles, than their either off their rockers and stroking their egos, or they really deserved their Master/Darth titles.

Isn't wanting the titles harder to get a form of ego stroking once you get them? Seems hypocritical to support the titles being harder to get since it would be for bragging rights, thus ego stroking. Since in reality, it isn't hard to do most of what the OP listed. While some of what he listed is a little overkill.

lol Don't think anyone cares that much about the titles being harder to get, just would make the story completely illogical with how much you do and stay in a lowly position at the end. All those Sith and Jedi titles are based on the story, and the story alone. Why only make one of those titles not apart of the story just for achievement hunters?

Edited by Drox

Finish Class Storyline

100 Valor

Social X

50 Legacy

Datacron master

Lore Master

Imagine how I felt once I realized every other bounty hunter in the galaxy had also won the Great Hunt--a bit like I did when I earned my participation trophy with my under-6 soccer team.

Never mind the fact that every other bounty hunter is also the Republic's Most Wanted. Good thing the subs dropped; the SIS was getting to be severely overworked.

Edited by Phrase

(...)

Warrior story, you kill the impostor voice of the Emperor and restore order to the Dark Council as the Emperor's Wrath. So you obviously deserve the title of Darth.

(...)

And yet, technically speaking, you never actually get that title and were supposed to get the one you mentioned in that same phrase, namely...

Emperor's Wrath.

Still wishing it is reintroduced.

/OT

And yet, technically speaking, you never actually get that title and were supposed to get the one you mentioned in that same phrase, namely...

What's interesting is the Inquisitors ending is a lot more satisfying than the Warriors because of that.

Emperor's Wrath.

Still wishing it is reintroduced.

/OT

Yeah, I got hyped when I went to Makeb and Darth Marr addressed me as such. However that was it of that, and I was back to the same old stuff. Thus why I hope they add endgame content that expands upon your class position in the story somehow.

Well, considering that everyone that has that title is either the voice of the emperor or has a seat on the dark council, I'd say they earned it.

This is the problem with MMO's.

Everyone you meet at end-game has saved the world and killed the biggest monsters in the universe pretty much.

Everyone is a ******...

Deal with it or start playing single player games.

OP is thinking of those titles in movie terms. In this timeline Darths and Jedi Masters are really pretty common.

What is NOT common are Dark & Jedi Council members. While some of the class stories wind up being on the council, there's no title for that and so it's easy to ignore.

For Sith the ranks go Acolyte, Sith, Lord, Darth, Dark Council. So Darths aren't at the top of the food chain if you look at it from that perspective.

As others already said:

the titles "Dart" and "Master" are part of the personal Story-line. You earn them via the story events. Sure, that means there are thousands of Darths and Masters (since there are thousands of players who finished the relevant story-line). Who cares? I'd guess it's a minority that is bothered by the flood of Siths and Masters. The majority is propably quite happy that their character earned that title during the story-missions. And I'd say they wouldn't appreciate if their title is ripped off of them (or they are banned to get it, if their Sith/Jedi has not reached that point so far during their personal story-line) just to please those few (in relation to the overall size of the community).

I, in example, am not playing PvP - it's just not my cup of tea. I'd hate to be forced to do some part of the game that is, in no way, related to the storyline, to get an story-rekated title. I'm not sure, but aren't there titles for all those non-story-related achievements? If not, than there is room for new titles.

Elitism in the worst sense here, it's not enough that there are other titles out there, ones people have to work to get, no you want to restrict a title that huge numbers of Sith and Jedi have. For crying out loud there are Darths on the front line being used as Cannon fodder (literally on some planets), so clearly there are thousands of Darths and Masters out there, and we the players make up a tiny fraction.