Cybertech ... who need it ?

Nafer

Cybertech is sooo cool ( sarcasm ).

When i get lvl 400 i was : "woohoo finaly i craft my epick mount" ... when i craft it i was : "woohoo now need 50 lvl" when i get it it was like " *** is this #@#@# , better buy from side wendor".

Also at 400 lvl : "woohoo finaly i can craft epick 22 armoring and mods ! soon il be rich , in 30 mins later im on illum finde wendor with 23 epick mods and armoring and else.... its was @@!@!#@#@#@#"

Is there some chematiks from FP or Opertions ?

PS imho now this game looks like SW:kotor with some mmo things(usles and buged)

Hes saying *** a vendor with easy to get armouring has better armouring than I can make with a max crew skill.

Same can be said for all crew skills except for biochem really.

This. ^^^^

I am curious as to why @ max level vendors sell better epics than the player base can craft.

Seems to me a crafting community killer to me.

I'm not a conspiracy expert or nut but your key words are "money" & I do know economics well. If you remove the money from the system you can control the wealth. IE the NPC vendor gets the money due to the fact everyone buys from them because they have the best stuff. Hence the NPC will not re-spend the money not creating wealth or monetary growth.

I had a funny feeling they had to break or control something because people like me in SWG had so much wealth we could make over a million credits per week.

Smart if you think about it! They definitely have control of the system!

There are no get rich schemes here on this game!

Sounds like a problem with the wendors.

I lol

OT: Honestly I love cybertech. I use it to buy every one of my ship parts, which make the daily space missions a breeze. It's made leveling up a lot faster. Honestly I plan to drop it and and pickup a different craft at 50 once I've made everything I want (mostly ship parts and mount).

I'm not a conspiracy expert or nut but your key words are "money" & I do know economics well. If you remove the money from the system you can control the wealth. IE the NPC vendor gets the money due to the fact everyone buys from them because they have the best stuff. Hence the NPC will not re-spend the money not creating wealth or monetary growth.

I had a funny feeling they had to break or control something because people like me in SWG had so much wealth we could make over a million credits per week.

But then you make all the crafting skills pretty much useless.

I lol

OT: Honestly I love cybertech. I use it to buy every one of my ship parts, which make the daily space missions a breeze. It's made leveling up a lot faster. Honestly I plan to drop it and and pickup a different craft at 50 once I've made everything I want (mostly ship parts and mount).

This is my plan, once i have the mounts and my ship outfitted with epic crafted mods I plan on dropping it for Biochem.

But that is the problem, cyber (and everything outside of bio) have no reason to keep them.

This. ^^^^

I am curious as to why @ max level vendors sell better epics than the player base can craft.

I agree. I actually really like the crafting system in this game now that I've gotten used to it. But it takes away from the market substantially when VENDORS are selling better stuff. Not to mention it takes away from your sense of accomplishment as well. In every other MMO I've played the crafters could always make better stuff than what's available through vendors. vendors are supposed to have the bottom of the barrel stuff.

I'm not too fond of the way gear is being handled in general in this game. It's way too easy to get the good stuff. I hope they add some better stuff to the crafters or nerf the vendors. I also hope they add more epic gear that's hard to get from certain Operations that will outshine the other gear.

This. ^^^^

Because BioWare thought of crafting as an after thought. It is a pointless and useless skill and side show in this game.

Except that there are schematics that can be picked up that are comparable to top raiding gear and highest level pvp gear. Jes cause the trainer doesnt give them to you, doesnt mean they dont exist.

Then it's useless to everyone without patterns from?

Edited by Purlana

Might be true for some crafts, but the number of cybertech schematics I've seen have been very few. Lot's of Grade 2 and Grade 4 ship parts, but vendor has Grade 5. A few earpieces, and lots of speeders that are bind on pickup.

I am enjoying it while levelling, but once the user base is mostly at the top tier, my usefulness is likely to dwindle.

and long term that makse a succesful economy that doesn't experience mass inflation and highly lucrative gold selling if the drop rate of loot and it's selling price is properly managed to purchase prices of necessary assets. It's always surprised me a basic rule that MMO designers seem to understand when it comes to crafting materials and recipe output is absolutely failed at with their monetary resources. Can't balance an economy if you can't control both ends.

Particularly having played MUDS in the 90's that understood you have to build a federal reserve structure into a gaming economy and economic inputs as well as monetary departures.

i understand what you are saying, but doesn't that promote offshore credit sellers? If the only way to get a decent sized bank account is to paypal someone outside of the game, isn't that a bad thing?

One of the things I've determined at this point is that crew skills are ever-evolving as the balancing act takes place, and with this being such a new game (though it's been in development for years), I'm sitting on the sideline waiting to see what changes will be coming. In the meantime, I'm just sticking with bioanalysis, scavenging, and slicing as I level my characters.

I absolutely plan on Biochem (with supporting crew skills) for one of my characters, and had Cybertech in mind for my second one. Even knowing that Ilum vendors have better mods/ship parts/etc., I still might not be deterred from taking it on if BW further develops available schematics and the like. Remember, what's in the game now doesn't mean that's the end-all-be-all and BW won't develop the crew skills further. I suppose it depends on just how "easy" it is for me to grind out Ilum commendations (which I'd rather avoid doing).

Might be true for some crafts, but the number of cybertech schematics I've seen have been very few. Lot's of Grade 2 and Grade 4 ship parts, but vendor has Grade 5. A few earpieces, and lots of speeders that are bind on pickup.

I am enjoying it while levelling, but once the user base is mostly at the top tier, my usefulness is likely to dwindle.

Before I dropped Slicing, I obtained several of what would be Grade 6 ship part schematics, they're just not labeled "Grade 6". They're the purple ones with manufacturer names in them. And don't forget, the best armoring mod schems are likely to be obtained through RE. It's very easy to get to 400 Cybertech, I got from 0 to 320 in a few hours with mats I had sitting in the bank, so they're not going to just stick the schematics for the best mods in the game on the skill trainer.