Devoted Allies Assault Blaster Pistol - Cannot be equipped by C2-N2

nekogunner

I ran into a problem regarding the legacy bound weapon you get for your companion upon arriving at Rishi. I picked the pistol for Elara Dorne. I noticed it says it can also be given to both ship droid variants as well as blizz. I amused that he could finally be given a weapon, but when I try to equip the weapon to him the game states he doesn't have the skill required to equip it. Just like he always has.

C2-N2 needs to ability to equip said pistol. Was this a bug/error adding the droids to the list of compatible companions or was it an error not giving them the ability to equip a pistol?

• 4 weeks later...
I ran into a problem regarding the legacy bound weapon you get for your companion upon arriving at Rishi. I picked the pistol for Elara Dorne. I noticed it says it can also be given to both ship droid variants as well as blizz. I amused that he could finally be given a weapon, but when I try to equip the weapon to him the game states he doesn't have the skill required to equip it. Just like he always has.

C2-N2 needs to ability to equip said pistol. Was this a bug/error adding the droids to the list of compatible companions or was it an error not giving them the ability to equip a pistol?

The ship droids could use pistols back in beta pre-launch. What they found was everyone using the ship droids as healers and not using the other companions so they took away the ability to equip a weapon to make them sub par healers people would only use for the novelty value

Similar issue with the blaster rifle being equippable to Kaliyo and T7, they were nerfed in beta so that if they equip a rifle they lose the ability to have an offhand. But currently the devoted allies weapons state the rifles are for kaliyo and T7, but the (aim) pistols are not

What it looks like to me is whoever set these weapons up used a spread sheet from early beta and does not actually play the game to know any better

• 3 weeks later...
Hey folks,

As of 3.1, your ship droids will have completed a Basic Marksmanship course and will be able to equip weapons that they are listed on.

Tait

What about Ensign Temple not having a 192 Legacy Companion offhand she can use?

Will the introduction cutscene reflect this change, or have you guys forgotten C2-N2 and 2V-R8 claim they're not combat-equipped? :p

They can heal ... and everybody knows healing with a weapon is so much more awesome than any other way to heal.

Edited by altaboy

It does NOT work. Just tried to put a blaster pistol on him that says it IS FOR HIM and it does NOT work. Imagine that. Uh maybe it's a fairy tale? I'm sure they wouldn't lie to us on purpose would they? Never done that before. Must be a mistake. Hmm could be a time delay. Might work in a year or two.

Here is a screenshot of it saying the same old thing "you lack the skill to use that item". Hmm they just said it does work.

http://i.imgur.com/ETG7e98.jpg

And here is another screenshot showing the gun saying it is for the droid. Oh no this can't be! :rolleyes:

http://i.imgur.com/DfgyuNe.jpg

***EDIT***

APPARENTLY IT WILL NOT WORK UNTIL PATCH 3.1 COMES OUT. I THOUGHT 3.1 JUST CAME OUT. MY FAULT FOR CONFUSION. I LEFT MY POST ABOVE TO SHOW I AM NOT TRYING TO COVER UP WHAT MAY BE A MISTAKE ON MY PART. IF IT WORKS WHEN THE PATCH COMES OUT THEN I APOLOGIZE. WE WILL SEE. :o

Edited by Haelis

It does NOT work. Just tried to put a blaster pistol on him that says it IS FOR HIM and it does NOT work. Imagine that. Uh maybe it's a fairy tale? I'm sure they wouldn't lie to us on purpose would they? Never done that before. Must be a mistake. Hmm could be a time delay. Might work in a year or two.

Here is a screenshot of it saying the same old thing "you lack the skill to use that item". Hmm they just said it does work.

http://i.imgur.com/ETG7e98.jpg

And here is another screenshot showing the gun saying it is for the droid. Oh no this can't be! :rolleyes:

http://i.imgur.com/DfgyuNe.jpg

Talk about not reading fully! Re-read Tait's post and try again.

Edited by Eqor

They can heal ... and everybody knows healing with a weapon is so much more awesome than any other way to heal.

A medic can also heal. Doesn't mean he's automatically qualified to shoot people with a gun.

Regardless, my question stands. :D

Edited by Darth_Wicked