Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Upcoming Guild Conquest Updates

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Upcoming Guild Conquest Updates
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DawnAskham
03.28.2021 , 02:06 PM | #451
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Here are some relatively simple tweaks that you could do in the mean time to help towards achieving the points you listed.

1. Crafting: inventor 2, could be made once per character, per day and not locked to once per legacy, per day.

2. Crew skills : missions, could be made once per character, per day and not locked to once per legacy, per day

3. Crafting: War Supplies, could be made once per character, per day and not locked to once per legacy per day

4. Crew Skills: Harvesting, could be made once per character, per day and not locked to once per legacy, per day

They would help many people who only need a few extra points to push Alts over the line.

5. Unlocking Crafting Conquest 2 on guild ship for 2 million credits and 52 coms : Crafting Rally - part 2 should provide more than 34,000 once per legacy per week. Suggest this could be made once per legacy per day

*** I will add more as I think of them
Notice there are no once per day per character objectives - none - because they don't have the ability to track objectives at the character level (only missions are tracked at the character level).

The last time this came up in a dialogue, it was implied modifying the system to track conquest objectives by character would be a large development effort.

My guess is they ignore these types of requests rather than have an honest discussion about why they are so incapable of handling once per day per character objectives.

And if I recall correctly - it is because conquest is back-ended off the same tracking system used for achievements, which is legacy-based - so absent adding a bunch of new character level missions for conquest (mission completion can be tracked at the character level), per character objectives are not going to happen.

Eli_Porter
03.28.2021 , 03:25 PM | #452
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
Notice there are no once per day per character objectives - none - because they don't have the ability to track objectives at the character level (only missions are tracked at the character level).

The last time this came up in a dialogue, it was implied modifying the system to track conquest objectives by character would be a large development effort.

My guess is they ignore these types of requests rather than have an honest discussion about why they are so incapable of handling once per day per character objectives.

And if I recall correctly - it is because conquest is back-ended off the same tracking system used for achievements, which is legacy-based - so absent adding a bunch of new character level missions for conquest (mission completion can be tracked at the character level), per character objectives are not going to happen.
Since Missions are tracked they don't need to spend time modifying the Conquest system. They could add a Crafting Weekly Mission that was tied to an infinitely repeatable Conquest Objective.

TrixxieTriss
03.28.2021 , 03:31 PM | #453
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post

The original conquest system was per character and not per legacy. So I don’t see how things would be different to change it back.