Account wide Friend list

Bairin

I was wondering if we could see a friends list update that would allow me to communicate with my friends across all of their characters much like Blizzards Real ID / Battletag. Or even something as simple as making my friends list follow through to other characters. I have some friends that I play with in this game and we all enjoy a lot of alts, so it comes to us having to go outside of the game to locate each other if we have no previously gotten those characters together before. I hope that Blizzard does not hold a copyright over these ideas because this would greatly improve the multiplayer of this community.

BUMP! YES please! Make friend lists LEGACY wide! That would solve a LOT of problems with people who are trying to play with their friends, but who might not know which character their friend is playing under.

WHAT I DO as a temporary kludge/workaround, is, under each of my toons on a server, i make a new chat channel using my LEGACY name, and i tell my friends to just chat to me on that chat channel in order to find out if i am online or not. That way they can always find me because we might not always know which toon we are both playing under.

Like, my legacy name is STORMIX, so i tell people to do command in chat: /cjoin STORMIX

.... as soon as they login, and just say hi to me there (because all my toons have that setup as a chat channel that i am watching, anyway).

I suggest all people do this in the meantime, if SWTOR devs do not really care about this yet.

Also make it so that when we put somebody on /ignore, it ignores the player account, not just that individual character. Getting sick and tired of whiny children trying to pick a fight when I get fed up with their crap, /ignore them, and they just switch to a different toon to keep digging at me.

No, we should never be able to add every character that another player has to our friends lists just by adding one character.

Adding your ONE character to all of MY friends lists, sure.

Adding ALL of your characters to any of MY friends lists, no.

Just because you know me on one character doesn't mean I want you to know me on all of them.

Conversely, if I know you on one of my characters then there's a decent possibility that I want to know you on all of them but at that point, it becomes my choice in whether to reveal my alts to you.

The same is true of my ignore list.

• 6 months later...
No, we should never be able to add every character that another player has to our friends lists just by adding one character.

Adding your ONE character to all of MY friends lists, sure.

Adding ALL of your characters to any of MY friends lists, no.

Just because you know me on one character doesn't mean I want you to know me on all of them.

Conversely, if I know you on one of my characters then there's a decent possibility that I want to know you on all of them but at that point, it becomes my choice in whether to reveal my alts to you.

The same is true of my ignore list.

You have a valid point, which is why we need 2 separate friends lists. The one that exists now for Rankyn's reasoning, then a second "Legacy Friends" list to which getting on the other person's Legacy Friend list would need to be mutual.

When it comes to ignoring someone, keep the current, but add "/ignorelegacy", no I don't think this needs to be mutual.

Im fine with "Add Friendname to my legacy friends list" which adds that -single- character name to all of my characters friends list.

I dont like, nor do I want the drama that could happen with a "Accept this persons request to add -all- of your characters names to their friends lists. Thats what I didnt like about Cryptic/Perfect Worlds @name system. All someone had to do was send your @name a request if you were on a character thry didnt know, have their friends list open, and the character you were logged in on would show up in their list as "Name you didnt know@theirchathandle invitation sent"

If they sent it while you were offline, you would show up in their list as soon as you logged in without even knowing because of the "Pending friend request" that you wouldnt even see unless you opened up your friends list.

So all they had to do to stalk you was send your @name friend requests and see what name popped up attached to it before you "Declined" the friend request.

I dont need someone getting pissy with me because I dont want them to know the names of all my alts. Just skip potential drama thanks.

(Theres a reason I dont have my characters in my signature anymore)

Edited by XiamaraSimi