Nerf marauder damage

thomasgtott

There needs to be more yellow damage DCD's, so yes I also am very happy maras got access to the poor mans shroud
RA uptime gets up to 13.3%. Even if you talent shroud to be 5 seconds its uptime is 8.3%. That's 60% less potential uptime in exchange for only 25% more resist chance (there is virtually no difference between 100% and 200% resist chance).

In RA's court you've got more resist in the long term plus the blind it applies. In shroud's court you've got a more reliable resist (it's far from perfect because of all the shroud related bugs) and a cleanse.

Shroud is, at best, barely better. Without the longer shroud talent it is straight up worse than RA.

P.S. I did this mostly out of my own curiosity. Because even if you were right it wouldn't matter because it would be a poor man's shroud on a class that never had one and never needed one.

Edited by yellow_

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maras/snipers/mercs - they should get their dcd-s nerfs, as tanks DMG output - to sin equal at least. 30K+ intsa internal AOE PT and 30k+ yagi single target strike a little bit too much tho. And as a whole classes mobility - thats ruined many maps like Huttball. Edited by helpmewin

RA uptime gets up to 13.3%. Even if you talent shroud to be 5 seconds its uptime is 8.3%. That's 60% less potential uptime in exchange for only 25% more resist chance (there is virtually no difference between 100% and 200% resist chance).

In RA's court you've got more resist in the long term plus the blind it applies. In shroud's court you've got a more reliable resist (it's far from perfect because of all the shroud related bugs) and a cleanse.

Shroud is, at best, barely better. Without the longer shroud talent it is straight up worse than RA.

P.S. I did this mostly out of my own curiosity. Because even if you were right it wouldn't matter because it would be a poor man's shroud on a class that never had one and never needed one.

The difference is that accuracy doesnt affect 200% whereas it would 100 or 75% (giving a slight chance to get thru at least in theory but who knows maybe the tooltip is wrong I never really tested it for numbers)

Edited by RACATW

Merc's reflect does not work on all Yellow damage. Aoe will still get through, even white damage aoe.

The only part where you'll have an issue is when you play a spec that has damage proc on his aoe (Carnage Mara, every sin spec, Rage Jugg) because the proc (uncontrollable) will trigger the reflect anyway. This should be fixed imo, because it makes some spec/class really inefficient against this specific defensive (which is made in a way that normally allows a counter to it).

Jugg's reflect works for 4 seconds. While it doesn't work for Melee damage, it also works for ranged damage. Still, it's an even worse version of the Merc's reflect, because this one doesn't heal you. I agree on that part.

But Jugg shouldn't have a heal on their reflect anyway. Like Merc shouldn't have a 60% kolto heal. Like snipers shouldn't have a heal on the ballistic shield. Like... I think you understand :)

Please don’t tell me you want to nerf Rage Juggs now too?

The difference is that accuracy doesnt affect 200% whereas it would 100 or 75% (giving a slight chance to get thru at least in theory but who knows maybe the tooltip is wrong I never really tested it for numbers)

Let me point out a slight problem with this logic -- on one hand, everyone in this thread that supports RA keeps saying that if a mara pops RA you should swap targets. On the other hand, you're saying that if someone was dumb enough to not swap, they have like 25-30% chance of landing an attack...

Let me know if you don't see the problem here and I'll spell it out.

Let me point out a slight problem with this logic -- on one hand, everyone in this thread that supports RA keeps saying that if a mara pops RA you should swap targets. On the other hand, you're saying that if someone was dumb enough to not swap, they have like 25-30% chance of landing an attack...

And it is people like the one you quoted dictating that this class should not get changed.. self contradicting all day :rolleyes:

You should swap targets? Yeah given the current situation you probably should.

That also makes it effectively a double duration Shroud on a shorter cooldown. Bruh.

Edited by Evolixe

And it is people like the one you quoted dictating that this class should not get changed.. self contradicting all day :rolleyes:

You should swap targets? Yeah given the current situation you probably should.

That also makes it effectively a double duration Shroud on a shorter cooldown. Bruh.

People on this thread who argue that shroud is *so much better* are clueless on how the game mechanics work and/or never used shroud. RA is by all means better because it’s on a shorter cooldown, longer AND you get to blind a target.

Evolixe, I don’t know how you maintain the will power to continue to educate people in this thread when they clearly don’t understand how to play the game. This thread has pretty much been reduced to a meme.

Edited by kissingaiur

Here's the thing, even though my reflexes are very good (If I manage to drop something by mistake I catch it before it hits the ground), your average person will still make a mistake and try to hardstun someone who just used obfuscate or softstun within a GCD of it.

Can you still stun them with it up? The answer is a resounding yes. Can you still do that to a sin? No.

You're acting as if it has no disadvantages (jugg tank for example has +10% accuracy btw by default), so that's a 1 in 3 chance of their stun working right there. Again, can I do that vs a sin? No.

Edited by RACATW

Here's the thing, even though my reflexes are very good (If I manage to drop something by mistake I catch it before it hits the ground), your average person will still make a mistake and try to hardstun someone who just used obfuscate or softstun within a GCD of it.

Can you still stun them with it up? The answer is a resounding yes. Can you still do that to a sin? No.

You're acting as if it has no disadvantages (jugg tank for example has +10% accuracy btw by default), so that's a 1 in 3 chance of their stun working right there. Again, can I do that vs a sin? No.

Rofl, seriously?

Can you? Yes. Will you? Probably not.

If you didn't, you just wasted a MAJOR gamechanger on a player that is going to fully recover.

Even IF it does hit, RA isn't gone.

You still can't use any Force/Tech abilities in that stun effectively rendering it useless 100% of the time.

Dude, you are so unbelievably thick... Please get a clue mate.. please.

Edited by Evolixe

There is still some cc that works against shroud.

There is also a tiny advantage given by Fury which give them 10% base force and tech resist, even if you manage to play with a PvE setup of 110% accuracy you'll still be at 75% chance to get a resist, and I'm not even talking about the white damage defense. :)

My two cents, again.

I seem to spend a lot of money on this topic nowaday. Will I get a free lootboxe if I keep doing it ? :rak_02:

There is still some cc that works against shroud.

There is also a tiny advantage given by Fury which give them 10% base force and tech resist, even if you manage to play with a PvE setup of 110% accuracy you'll still be at 75% chance to get a resist, and I'm not even talking about the white damage defense. :)

My two cents, again.

I seem to spend a lot of money on this topic nowaday. Will I get a free lootboxe if I keep doing it ? :rak_02:

I dislike fury a lot (it's ridiculously simplistic on the level of arsenal merc), so I'd like to see it nerfed. But the other two specs don't need a nerf, carnage was already wrecked and I don't want to see them touch anni.

Edited by RACATW

Rofl, seriously?

Can you? Yes. Will you? Probably not.

If you didn't, you just wasted a MAJOR gamechanger on a player that is going to fully recover.

Even IF it does hit, RA isn't gone.

You still can't use any Force/Tech abilities in that stun effectively rendering it useless 100% of the time.

Dude, you are so unbelievably thick... Please get a clue mate.. please.

Sometimes you active your stun just before you see their obfuscate/shroud go up by mistake. Simply because you planned to do that during the 1.5 seconds GCD.

My point is you can stun them (1 in 3 chance against a mara as a tank) but you CAN'T stun a sin.

Edited by RACATW

Sometimes you active your stun just before you see their obfuscate/shroud go up by mistake. Simply because you planned to do that during the 1.5 seconds GCD.

My point is you can stun them (1 in 3 chance against a mara as a tank) but you CAN'T stun a sin.

Okay dude. Good Talk.

I hate wasting a stun on a Sin by mistake. It’s usually because of lag, but it’s still really annoying.

I dislike fury a lot (it's ridiculously simplistic on the level of arsenal merc), so I'd like to see it nerfed. But the other two specs don't need a nerf, carnage was already wrecked and I don't want to see them touch anni.

You know it’s not that easy against good players and against snipers. Yes it’s easy for newbies to pick up, the same as a Lightning Sorc is, but neither are easy to perfect, both have weaknesses. If you can’t kite properly on a Lightning Sorc, then it doesn’t matter how easy the rotation is because you will die. The same goes with a Mara, if you don’t know some more advanced tactics and just jump in and hit stuff, you will die.

I’m not saying the rotations aren’t easy on a parsing dummy, but a lot of classes are because all you need is to remember the rotation and build some muscle memory. But of course each class has challenges in pvp and the longer the rotation or the more complex it is can really affect it because priorities are used more than rotations, especially the rotations that require a longer wined up.

I think your complaint is more about Fury not needing to wined up like Anni or Carnage to get priorities off. Yes that’s an advantage, but look at what the spec is supposed to do. If they had a longer wined up, they would not be able to fight snipers or highly mobile classes. This is something people forget about the dynamics of classes. The high mobility of some classes needs to have a counter to it and we already have to much mez, slows and stuns in this game, not to mention those classes have a tonne of immunities to cancel those out.

With most melee abilities only 4-10 meters, it doesn’t take long for those mobile classes to get out of range.

So to sum up, yes Fury can seem easy to pick up because it’s rotation seems simple, but to really play it properly, it takes the same amount of skill lvl as all other classes and specs.

If there is no terrain advantage for me to use and hide behind los object while they pop dcds, maras are not my favorite class to go toe to toe with with my sin.

It's the dcds that make them dangerous , not the damage in and out of itself.

Edited by Kaedusz

If there is no terrain advantage for me to use and hide behind los object while they pop dcds, maras are not my favorite class to go toe to toe with with my sin.

It's the dcds that make them dangerous , not the damage in and out of itself.

Exactly ^^ As mutliple peoples said earlier, you can't dps when you're dead. But let a dps alone, freecasting on others and he will do wonders. :)