Peej in 'A Spy's Secret'

--Ramzes--

Is there some trick to killing this guy? This is labeled as a solo quest but I don't see how it'd be possible to kill this mob without a full group. He's immune to CC, casts a snare on you, and his attack drains 30K HP in about 3 seconds.

What's the deal here? Is this guy bugged?

Is there some trick to killing this guy? This is labeled as a solo quest but I don't see how it'd be possible to kill this mob without a full group. He's immune to CC, casts a snare on you, and his attack drains 30K HP in about 3 seconds.

What's the deal here? Is this guy bugged?

I had no problem at all - I just ran circles around him to avoid his snares.

Update: I just ran it with a sorc and destroyed it in about 5 seconds.

This encounter is clearly extremely easier for certain classes than others. There's certainly some sort of balance needed here. Just a friendly suggestion for the devs who I assume are going to lock this post soon :)

I beat him in one try with my Gunslinger, even though the lag I was experiencing kept me from being able to...

interrupt his cryo freeze

...even once. My character spent a lot of time CC'd. I guess Guss was just really on top of things with his healing.

Edited by nateslice

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same issue. He took my whole HP in 3 or 4 hits. I tried with 3 different companions decently equipped (healer, tank, dps) but didn't work.

Same thing happened to me with the final bosss in Makeb. It seems that these bosses become bugged if you are in a party and become impossible to kill. I managed to kill that one though by relogging, but that doesn't seem to work with this other one.

I asked a friend to help me kill it but it's also proving extremely difficult... right now this quest looks quite impossible for me.

• 2 weeks later...
I had the same issue. He took my whole HP in 3 or 4 hits. I tried with 3 different companions decently equipped (healer, tank, dps) but didn't work.

Same thing happened to me with the final bosss in Makeb. It seems that these bosses become bugged if you are in a party and become impossible to kill. I managed to kill that one though by relogging, but that doesn't seem to work with this other one.

I asked a friend to help me kill it but it's also proving extremely difficult... right now this quest looks quite impossible for me.

I think it may be something along these lines.

I took Peej on with my Gunslinger last night, and Peej was a Champion mob with 300k+ HP. I gave up after a few tries when he 4-shotted me, and that was with Guss. But when I logged back in this morning, Peej had switched to an Elite mob with just over 50k HP.

I'm thinking there are two possibilities for this:

1. The game bugs out a bit and randomly switches between group version and solo version of the mob

2. Losing the fight the first time switches the mob to a lesser version, making it a bit easier, but also causing you to take a hit on the loot drop.

I'm thinking this second one is more likely, as I noticed a similar thing when fighting Vice Commandant Grevin on Makeb - first time around, he was a Champion. But after I lost that fight and respawned, he'd switched to an Elite.

I've only done it one way with 4 different toons now: Heroic Moment followed by legacy powers x8...not much left of him after that volley.:D

Next time I'll have to resist the urge to do that and see how tough the fight really is.:p

• 2 years later...

Hehe, it's there clear as day, on a console half-left inside. The 3 first at least., and I believe the 4th is Green.

And no, I didn't see it the first time either, and got shocked repeatedly.

Besides, poor little Peej with his enormous freezing gun...

B

Edited by Berntk

Hehe, it's there clear as day, on a console half-left inside. The 3 first at least., and I believe the 4th is Green.

And no, I didn't see it the first time either, and got shocked repeatedly.

Besides, poor little Peej with his enormous freezing gun...

B

Duh... right in my face, hehe. Thanks a bunch though. I'll put that in as soon as I get back to that character's quest.