Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2018 Expertise Main PVP Stat Is Essential

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
2018 Expertise Main PVP Stat Is Essential

Icykill_
02.15.2015 , 06:22 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by marchesq View Post
Thank you for so much for droppin so much knowledge in this thread.
May I ask you to write a primer for what to do once you hit 60? I like your writing style and it's really easy for me to follow and read. The current "how to be a contender" faq is a little difficult for me to grasp. Thanks!
Gearing for 60 is the same... When you go from 55-60, keep wearing the same gear until you get a pvp item to replace it... Doing that will not affect your bolstered expertise

Pre 60 you should be stock piling comms and converting them to ranked as well, you can do this from LVL 40 if you have valor 40... When you get to 60 you can get your first ranked piece this way

*** remember when choosing gear to get gear that gives the set bonus for your spec... But also remember that Bio don't min max these properly to always give the best stats for pvp

- First PVP items to buy are your main and off hand weapons and equip them with expertise crystals
- Second items can either be 2 pieces of armor to start getting your set bonus or your relics (the cheapest way to start getting your set bonus is to buy a belt and wrist)
- Third continue getting your armor till you have 6 pieces at least, so you have your 6 piece set (the seventh piece does not have to be part of the set bonus, so if you want different stats other than what the set bonus piece would give you, feel free to get a different one from that pvp class vendor (ie, I wear Force Master 6 piece set bonus and one Force stalker)
- Fourth get your implants and ear... You don't have to get the same set type as you 6 piece set bonus either... If another type from the pvp vendor gives you your desired stats, then get those
- Fifth, augment all of your items (don't augment relics, implants or ear till you get ranked ones or you will be wasting credits) *** also I use custom armor shells and not the pvp ones... This allows you to put Augment kit 10 slots on your gear pre 60 and you don't waste credits augmenting gear you have to trade for ranked gear later on

*** For a more advanced setup if you want to fully min/max
- Sixth, if you weren't able to min/max your gear 100% to your liking, you can buy pvp mods/enhancements to replace the offending item
**** do not do this until you have ranked gear other wise you waste comms... Seeing as you need to remove armor/mods/enhancements etc before trading the gear for ranked, you will usually have a non ranked mod/enhancement that you can replace the offending piece in the ranked gear, I do this until I can buy the ranked mod or enhancement... The difference in stats is so small you probably won't even notice... The important part to remember is to min/max the stats you want... You can buy ranked ones straight away and put them on your non ranked too... It just means it takes longer to get your set Bonus

I hope that explanation wasn't too confusing, if you have questions please ask
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

WasteGate
02.19.2015 , 11:18 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
Gearing for 60 is the same... When you go from 55-60, keep wearing the same gear until you get a pvp item to replace it... Doing that will not affect your bolstered expertise

Pre 60 you should be stock piling comms and converting them to ranked as well, you can do this from LVL 40 if you have valor 40... When you get to 60 you can get your first ranked piece this way

*** remember when choosing gear to get gear that gives the set bonus for your spec... But also remember that Bio don't min max these properly to always give the best stats for pvp

- First PVP items to buy are your main and off hand weapons and equip them with expertise crystals
- Second items can either be 2 pieces of armor to start getting your set bonus or your relics (the cheapest way to start getting your set bonus is to buy a belt and wrist)
- Third continue getting your armor till you have 6 pieces at least, so you have your 6 piece set (the seventh piece does not have to be part of the set bonus, so if you want different stats other than what the set bonus piece would give you, feel free to get a different one from that pvp class vendor (ie, I wear Force Master 6 piece set bonus and one Force stalker)
- Fourth get your implants and ear... You don't have to get the same set type as you 6 piece set bonus either... If another type from the pvp vendor gives you your desired stats, then get those
- Fifth, augment all of your items (don't augment relics, implants or ear till you get ranked ones or you will be wasting credits) *** also I use custom armor shells and not the pvp ones... This allows you to put Augment kit 10 slots on your gear pre 60 and you don't waste credits augmenting gear you have to trade for ranked gear later on

*** For a more advanced setup if you want to fully min/max
- Sixth, if you weren't able to min/max your gear 100% to your liking, you can buy pvp mods/enhancements to replace the offending item
**** do not do this until you have ranked gear other wise you waste comms... Seeing as you need to remove armor/mods/enhancements etc before trading the gear for ranked, you will usually have a non ranked mod/enhancement that you can replace the offending piece in the ranked gear, I do this until I can buy the ranked mod or enhancement... The difference in stats is so small you probably won't even notice... The important part to remember is to min/max the stats you want... You can buy ranked ones straight away and put them on your non ranked too... It just means it takes longer to get your set Bonus

I hope that explanation wasn't too confusing, if you have questions please ask
I hope a simple 'Thank-you' is enough.

THANK-YOU ! ! !

Wastey
Southern Cross - The Bastion
Wastegate - Juggernaut

CardsfanMLB
02.20.2015 , 05:19 AM | #33
Just watched that video on Bolster and omg tytytyty. I shall not fail now.

Neytron
02.20.2015 , 05:27 AM | #34
you talking nonsens things(****) coz all know 7 or 14 lvl green items from gtn and u alredy Owepawered add to this 31-33 impants and wooot here 43k hp even on **** sorc but it is not all if you think sorc 46k hp noob u verry lost.. my sorc full 2018 with 7 lvl augmented gree gear blue augs main stat... try it

MystbladeWA
02.20.2015 , 05:33 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Neytron View Post
you talking nonsens things(****) coz all know 7 or 14 lvl green items from gtn and u alredy Owepawered add to this 31-33 impants and wooot here 43k hp even on **** sorc but it is not all if you think sorc 46k hp noob u verry lost.. my sorc full 2018 with 7 lvl augmented gree gear blue augs main stat... try it
Holy gibberish, Batman
Hold'My'Beer Chill
I'Got'This Legacy

magnashear
02.20.2015 , 10:22 AM | #36
I'm level 59. I other everything 162 or less. I have 2 things 156 and 4 things 146. The bolsterizer has me at 1890 and I can't get it to go a any higher. I have 186 augments on everything but I think even before I put the augments on it was still 1890. Is there any way I can get to 2018?

Ryuku-sama
02.20.2015 , 10:52 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by magnashear View Post
I'm level 59. I other everything 162 or less. I have 2 things 156 and 4 things 146. The bolsterizer has me at 1890 and I can't get it to go a any higher. I have 186 augments on everything but I think even before I put the augments on it was still 1890. Is there any way I can get to 2018?
You're using PvP crystal, aren't you? You shouldn't.
"If it wasn't broken, we shall break it. If it is balanced, we shall beat it until slow and painful death follows. If it is overpowered, it is working as intended." - Bioware 2015

magnashear
02.20.2015 , 01:45 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryuku-sama View Post
You're using PvP crystal, aren't you? You shouldn't.
No. I figured it out tho. Had 162 greens in main and off hand. Swapped for 156 purples, just mod and enh not barrel and armoring, and that got me to 2018. Ty

magnashear
02.20.2015 , 01:48 PM | #39
It seems no matter what or how low the gear is in all your other slots the main and off hand have to be less than 162 in the mod and enhancement. Not the barrel/hilt or armoring just mod and enhanment. I'm 2018 now. All 162 except implants are 156, chest head feet legs are 146, and main and off hand are 156 mods and enh

Metthew
02.20.2015 , 02:28 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Kythria View Post
I'm looking at pvping more on my sorcerer with absolutely no ranking or pvp gear at all, is this the best solution for me or do I just go into solo warzones and screw my team with no expertise? Critting for 3-4k is just dumb and I'm a waste of space.
This is late, since I was far far away.

Yes, the most cost efficient solution is to go 140 Makeb mods and 146 relics. If you have people still running storymode old operations though, tag along and get yourself 154 Dread Guard gear - that's the BEST non-PvP gear you can get for warzones.

Quote: Originally Posted by magnashear View Post
It seems no matter what or how low the gear is in all your other slots the main and off hand have to be less than 162 in the mod and enhancement. Not the barrel/hilt or armoring just mod and enhanment. I'm 2018 now. All 162 except implants are 156, chest head feet legs are 146, and main and off hand are 156 mods and enh
Armor rating and barrel damage are all bolstered to max PvE AFAIK, or near that point. It'd be a waste to use your 162 modifications on barrels/armorings if you're allowed "only one" before expertise starts dropping.
Erhart / Wilhemine | Darth Malgus | <Take a Seat>