Why is there no kill option for Lana?

Avashnea

Jonas said he wanted to have a drink with my JK though and i did not pick the flirt option, so i guess you have to take the rude answer not to get this one, or be a male trooper as he doesn't seem interested in male trropers.

And yeah, Lana contacting the SIS, it's absolutely not like there is a former SIS agent who could've done that. A simple change in 1 line when Theron's alive and still a member of the Alliance would've improved that like "I'll ask Theron to contact the SIS" and you're done

No he asks for two drinks at the start but nothing flirty. I really found it irritating that our Republic members had absolutely nothing to do with getting us in. It didn't have to be Theron just not HER!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No he asks for two drinks at the start but nothing flirty. I really found it irritating that our Republic members had absolutely nothing to do with getting us in. It didn't have to be Theron just not HER!

He first says something like "with a face like yours, no wonder half the galaxy joined the Alliance" and later says something along the lines of "i'd like to have a drink with you once this mission's over"

But there is no way to politely turn him down without sounding rude.

And yeah, it wouldv'e felt more natural if Theron was the one to get my JK in touch with Jonas rather than Lana.

He first says something like "with a face like yours, no wonder half the galaxy joined the Alliance" and later says something along the lines of "i'd like to have a drink with you once this mission's over"

And yeah, it wouldv'e felt more natural if Theron was the one to get my JK in touch with Jonas rather than Lana.

This is correct, he ends the conversation saying something like "I'd love to buy you a drink when this is all over" and you have no option to be like "bruh, I'm engaged to your friend/already married to someone/already taken." The conversation is a little different with a "saboteur" and a trooper but that's the one my consular got.

Well, like I said I took the "face' line more as a "poster boy/girl" comment, and asking for a drink doesn't seem aggressive or pushy a drink can also be platonic.

Hopefully in 6.0 our Pubs and Saboteurs will have less Lana and more interactions with characters that make sense.

I took it as a compliment.

Well, like I said I took the "face' line more as a "poster boy/girl" comment, and asking for a drink doesn't seem aggressive or pushy a drink can also be platonic.

Hopefully in 6.0 our Pubs and Saboteurs will have less Lana and more interactions with characters that make sense.

Interpreting it that way is your prerogative of course, but the way he delivers these lines definitely sounds flirty to me. I don't necessarily think he was being pushy, I just don't like that we don't have the option to decline his flirting or tell him we're taken.

I'm definitely in agreement with you that I hope we have less Lana in the future and more characters who it makes sense for us to interact with! Like seriously, why the hell would Lana be the one to get us in contact with the Republic, especially Jonas who Theron is friends with? For edgelords who killed Theron they should have had Bey'wan get them in contact with the Republic. *****-cakes tells us we can't bring Theron if we go to the Empire and yet she's all up in Republic business.

For anyone curious, I recorded my interactions with Jonas on a sith inquisitor defector, a jedi consular, a double agent IA, and a trooper

I also took it as him flirting, my complaint is not with his flirting per se, but really with our character having no way to politely tell him that it's useless, because they're already taken or not interested in men.

Considering my JK is engaged to Theron who is his friend, him flirting with her was unwelcomed, and she should've had a way to tell him that without having to be rude to him.

I'm waiting to see how it can go on an Imp saboteur to flirt with him though.

To be fair, strangers will come out of nowhere and flirt IRL. Sometimes it's just a "thanks for the compliment" and move on and sometimes it's just awful and grotesque. I put Jonas is the former rather than the latter. He's not like Hunter or Doc so it doesn't bug me at all. Would it have been perfect to have a "I'm unavailable" yes. But I don't find it particularly offensive of Jonas. I hope he's a HUGE part of 6.0 because I love his character as a person. He doesn't interest me as an LI right now, but I don't see any of the characters as solely there for LI status.

Lana on the other hand deserves a little shove.

For anyone curious, I recorded my interactions with Jonas on a sith inquisitor defector, a jedi consular, a double agent IA, and a trooper

Your Inquisitor and Consular have the same taste in clothes as my JK :D

And your Inq looks a lot like mine.

To be fair, strangers will come out of nowhere and flirt IRL. Sometimes it's just a "thanks for the compliment" and move on and sometimes it's just awful and grotesque. I put Jonas is the former rather than the latter. He's not like Hunter or Doc so it doesn't bug me at all. Would it have been perfect to have a "I'm unavailable" yes. But I don't find it particularly offensive of Jonas. I hope he's a HUGE part of 6.0 because I love his character as a person. He doesn't interest me as an LI right now, but I don't see any of the characters as solely there for LI status.

Yeah Jonas was not offensive, hence why i'd have liked it if we could've had the opportunity to politely decline the flirting.

Doc on the other hand always gets the rude answers.

Edited by Goreshaga

Your Inquisitor and Consular have the same taste in clothes as my JK :D

And your Inq looks a lot like mine.

Yeah Jonas was not offensive, hence why i'd have liked it if we could've had the opportunity to politely decline the flirting.

Doc on the other hand always gets the rude answers.

Brother! :D

And yes, the inability to say "I'm spoken for" or something is just another sad reminder of the lack of reactivity and impact of your choices. :( I'm STILL disappointed with our meeting Jace Malcom on Iokath and not having any dialogue about being romantically involved with his son and now we'll never get the chance for anything like that since Jace has a kill option.

I also took it as him flirting, my complaint is not with his flirting per se, but really with our character having no way to politely tell him that it's useless, because they're already taken or not interested in men.

Considering my JK is engaged to Theron who is his friend, him flirting with her was unwelcomed, and she should've had a way to tell him that without having to be rude to him.

I'm waiting to see how it can go on an Imp saboteur to flirt with him though.

I think Jonas was just having some fun, and my character who loves and is engaged to Theron flirted back. Nothing serious was happening. I reckon if anything more serious was to happen, you'd have the chance to back out. Besides, being a spy, means you know things. I'm inclined to think Jonas already knows you're with Theron, if that's your lot. It would've been nice to say something though about Theron. :)

Edited by Lunafox

Brother! :D

And yes, the inability to say "I'm spoken for" or something is just another sad reminder of the lack of reactivity and impact of your choices. :( I'm STILL disappointed with our meeting Jace Malcom on Iokath and not having any dialogue about being romantically involved with his son and now we'll never get the chance for anything like that since Jace has a kill option.

Yep :)

I'm disappointed about that too. Especially considering the fact that my JK has worked with him on Alderaan and that he was there when she was awarded the Cross of Glory, they know each other, so nothing from him about that was sad.

I think Jonas was just having some fun, and my character who loves and is engaged to Theron flirted back. Nothing serious was happening. I reckon if anything more serious was to happen, you'd have the chance to back out. Besides, being a spy, means you know things. I'm inclined to think Jonas already knows you're with Theron, if that's your lot. It would've been nice to say something though about Theron. :)

Oh, i'm pretty sure he knows.

That being said, my JK is absolutely not into flirting, so a little something to say about that would have made the thing better for me. I'd have picked the 3rd option if it did not sound rude.

Well nobody had Jonas leaning over their bed at least. I can't get offended whenever anyone tries to flirt in-game or IRL. There's a stalker creepy way, and an it's a nice compliment way. Doc, Hunter, Lana, and pre-5.10 Nadia are in the former category and Jonas, Theron, Vector, and Aric are in the latter category. If IRL I met a Jonas, I'd blush, politely decline any romantic overtures, and thank him for the compliment. If I had a Lana leaning over me, I'd break her jaw.

This came up with LS Jaesa's return too, she attests her love for the PC and there's no way for your character to say "but Jaesa, you know I'm with ______."

I think it would be nice if the other characters reacted to the PC being in a relationship. It would be nice if instead of flirts the character could say "Theron/Lana/whoever is a lucky man/woman to have you" or "if you weren't involved, I'd invite you for a drink" or something.

And the PC could say "well, ask me anyway" if they were interested in ditching the other relationship or just wanted to flirt, but would also have an out that acknowledges they already have a SO.

Well nobody had Jonas leaning over their bed at least. I can't get offended whenever anyone tries to flirt in-game or IRL. There's a stalker creepy way, and an it's a nice compliment way. Doc, Hunter, Lana, and pre-5.10 Nadia are in the former category and Jonas, Theron, Vector, and Aric are in the latter category. If IRL I met a Jonas, I'd blush, politely decline any romantic overtures, and thank him for the compliment. If I had a Lana leaning over me, I'd break her jaw.

Oh I'm not offended by Jonas flirting, I just wish we had the option to say our character is spoken for and I agree he's much better than Lana, Doc, etc...

This came up with LS Jaesa's return too, she attests her love for the PC and there's no way for your character to say "but Jaesa, you know I'm with ______."

I think it would be nice if the other characters reacted to the PC being in a relationship. It would be nice if instead of flirts the character could say "Theron/Lana/whoever is a lucky man/woman to have you" or "if you weren't involved, I'd invite you for a drink" or something.

And the PC could say "well, ask me anyway" if they were interested in ditching the other relationship or just wanted to flirt, but would also have an out that acknowledges they already have a SO.

That'd be nice.

And if they can't make the NPCs really react to that (i really really would've loved something from Malcom on Iokath), at the very least a line from our character with a simple "Sorry, but i'm already with someone" would really be nice, because it's really frustrating when you only have a rude answer to turn down someone.

As for Jonas, as he was not offensive, i picked the first answer but that was not perfect. Though, my JK did not seem that pleased with him flirting, so that's already better than nothing.

That'd be nice.

And if they can't make the NPCs really react to that (i really really would've loved something from Malcom on Iokath), at the very least a line from our character with a simple "Sorry, but i'm already with someone" would really be nice, because it's really frustrating when you only have a rude answer to turn down someone.

As for Jonas, as he was not offensive, i picked the first answer but that was not perfect. Though, my JK did not seem that pleased with him flirting, so that's already better than nothing.

Yeah, if we're back to "rude or flirt" or a situation where PCs have to be rude to shut people down, I don't like that at all. The one with Major Anri seemed fine, though. There was a nice answer, a rude answer and a flirt, and she never hit on the player at all.

I saw the Khem Val one on YouTube and that one seemed fine too; he doesn't go into the flirting/romance dialogue unless the SI chooses the [flirt] and takes him there. And you can still be nice to him without it.

The one with Jaesa bothered me more because the character literally pours her heart out and tells you she loves you more than life itself, and she's just left Ossus to be with the SW again, and it would have been nice to have a way to gently turn her down other than a "let's just be friends."

Jonas I doubt I will ever have to deal with - even if I eventually do figure out how to play Pub side, my characters will all be saboteurs so they would be dealing with the stupid droid.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Yeah, if we're back to "rude or flirt" or a situation where PCs have to be rude to shut people down, I don't like that at all. The one with Major Anri seemed fine, though. There was a nice answer, a rude answer and a flirt, and she never hit on the player at all.

I saw the Khem Val one on YouTube and that one seemed fine too; he doesn't go into the flirting/romance dialogue unless the SI chooses the [flirt] and takes him there. And you can still be nice to him without it.

The one with Jaesa bothered me more because the character literally pours her heart out and tells you she loves you more than life itself, and she's just left Ossus to be with the SW again, and it would have been nice to have a way to gently turn her down other than a "let's just be friends."

Jonas I doubt I will ever have to deal with - even if I eventually do figure out how to play Pub side, my characters will all be saboteurs so they would be dealing with the stupid droid.

I've only played imp side with a saboteur IA so far, i flirted back with Jonas, and flirted with Anri as well, that seemed fine by me too.

Khem, yeah a bit weird, but seemed fine.

I've seen the Jaesa one, and yeah i'd feel so bad to turn her down :(

Nadia seemed fine too.

Dunno it it can reasure you, but Pub side, Doc is only briefly in 2 cutscenes and never flirted with my JK (seems like i played the "I'm a Jedi" joker card on this one), he only has a line about being a wonderful and handsome doctor to which you have a sassy option to answer and then he just keeps silent, and he can become a member of your Alliance only if you're playing a JK, but you have the option to reject him on this as well.

With a JC you should be perfectly fine and he would not bother your character, and you'd be able to have the Nadia romance.

That droid... I'm really happy that i go saboteur on my Imp characters, because i like interacting with Jonas far more than with the droid.

So the SIS was trying to contact us all this time and Lana just decided on her own that we shouldn't be able to talk to them or ally with them...PLEASE let me get rid of this stupid horrible shrew! I don't care if she's your waifu BioWare, she sure as hell isn't mine and will never be no matter how much you try to shove her down my throat. Ugh. :mad:

So the SIS was trying to contact us all this time and Lana just decided on her own that we shouldn't be able to talk to them or ally with them...PLEASE let me get rid of this stupid horrible shrew! I don't care if she's your waifu BioWare, she sure as hell isn't mine and will never be no matter how much you try to shove her down my throat. Ugh. :mad:

If they make it an option, can they just force all companions away and leave us all with a returned Scorpion who also happened to survive being killed by those who killed her?

If they make it an option, can they just force all companions away and leave us all with a returned Scorpion who also happened to survive being killed by those who killed her?

Well since they already forced all the other companions away, getting SCORPIO back would be a net positive I guess.

Well since the kill advocates don't care whose game they hurt, or about removing every single narrator from the story, why even go that far? We could just have the ship droids hand out the quests. Oh wait, someone probably wants them dead too because they looked in the wrong direction or something.

Well since the kill advocates don't care whose game they hurt, or about removing every single narrator from the story, why even go that far? We could just have the ship droids hand out the quests. Oh wait, someone probably wants them dead too because they looked in the wrong direction or something.

Exactly. Force the ship droid on everyone. The Republic one, even if your Imperial, don't need options to go to the other side after all.

Players want to kill everyone, may as well not even have companions.