Remove Uninterruptible In PVP

Synwulf

So sick of certain classes and specs having the ability to free cast Odessan PUPs. They need to have ties to uninterruptible removed so either damage or interrupts can stop them. It is BS to watch Commando/Mercenary free run into a controlled zone and just sit there turning the node off because you can't stop him/her with anything.

Use a stun or mezz to interrupt any1 during an immunity to interrupt. Only gunslingers/snipers cannot be interrupted if they have entrench up. Please take a second to think a little when you play and your play should improve dramatically compared to anyone who doesn't take a few seconds to think.

Use a stun or mezz to interrupt any1 during an immunity to interrupt. Only gunslingers/snipers cannot be interrupted if they have entrench up. Please take a second to think a little when you play and your play should improve dramatically compared to anyone who doesn't take a few seconds to think.

That being said the CC bloat on this game has significantly grown over the years.

Some classes enjoy far more movement boosts, CC-immunities. Basically PVP revolves around using CC, using CC immunities and countering other classes CC or CC-immunities.

For classes that have less mobility and/or less immunities to CC, PVP can be that much more frustrating and those classes that have better mobility do enjoy more success in PVP generally speaking.

Telling people to think more doesn't really solve the problem which is some classes are much more mobile than others in PVP due to baked in abilities, better utilities etc. that help manage the bloat of CC and movement hindrance this game has.

That being said the CC bloat on this game has significantly grown over the years.

Some classes enjoy far more movement boosts, CC-immunities. Basically PVP revolves around using CC, using CC immunities and countering other classes CC or CC-immunities.

For classes that have less mobility and/or less immunities to CC, PVP can be that much more frustrating and those classes that have better mobility do enjoy more success in PVP generally speaking.

Telling people to think more doesn't really solve the problem which is some classes are much more mobile than others in PVP due to baked in abilities, better utilities etc. that help manage the bloat of CC and movement hindrance this game has.

The op is complaining about people not being able to interrupt ppl who are using power ups in the oddessen wz. He's not talking about mobility whatso ever.

People complaining about too much cc's in this game generally annoy me since they rather complain about one aspect of the game, in this case CC's ( it's an important one too) instead of thinking how to play with it. More importantly they never seem to think about how their teammates can help mitigate the damage they take while they themselves are cc'ed and can't do anything about it (this is why guard at 50% is perfectly fine).

I cannot count the amount of times I go to solo sap cap a node and for fun decide to hard stun (4 seconds) to try and cap a 6 or 8 second objective. Just to see the defender break the 4 seconds stun which then allows me to use my lift (8 seconds) to then actually guarantee the cap of the point. This is the most prime example you can have of people not thinking when they play to me in regards to pvp.

So yes, I will continue to ask people to think when they play because in my experience, PEOPLE not thinking about how they need to play the game is one of the biggest problems of ANY game. People are the problem, not the game.

The op is complaining about people not being able to interrupt ppl who are using power ups in the oddessen wz. He's not talking about mobility whatso ever.

People complaining about too much cc's in this game generally annoy me since they rather complain about one aspect of the game, in this case CC's ( it's an important one too) instead of thinking how to play with it. More importantly they never seem to think about how their teammates can help mitigate the damage they take while they themselves are cc'ed and can't do anything about it (this is why guard at 50% is perfectly fine).

I cannot count the amount of times I go to solo sap cap a node and for fun decide to hard stun (4 seconds) to try and cap a 6 or 8 second objective. Just to see the defender break the 4 seconds stun which then allows me to use my lift (8 seconds) to then actually guarantee the cap of the point. This is the most prime example you can have of people not thinking when they play to me in regards to pvp.

So yes, I will continue to ask people to think when they play because in my experience, PEOPLE not thinking about how they need to play the game is one of the biggest problems of ANY game. People are the problem, not the game.

Yeah I misunderstood what he was talking about.

With OPG, every class just about has some advantage or some way they can maximize their effectiveness in that WZ.

I don't really see the point in complaining about how one class can do something in OPG where others cannot because that's just how it goes.

Every class can't have everything all the other classes including certain advantages enjoyed due to class abilities that increase their effectiveness.

I can see how it's frustrating, but it's not reasonable to expect class abilities to be nerfed because they happen to make them better in OPG or another WZ than other classes. If they did that, you'd have nothing but one class with all the same abilities.

Only gunslingers/snipers cannot be interrupted if they have entrench up.

This is something that needs to change in Odessen.

Stealths can’t use stealth if they have mods. Snipers shouldn’t be able to use entrench and Sorcs shouldn’t be able to bubble while they have mods.

This change is long over due. Please fix it so that snipers can’t just come in a set off a mod with not recourse to stop them. The same as Sorcs shouldn’t be able to bubble with a mod. It should work like Hutt Ball and reset it or another solution is bubble wont work while they have a mod.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

This is something that needs to change in Odessen.

Stealths can’t use stealth if they have mods. Snipers shouldn’t be able to use entrench and Sorcs shouldn’t be able to bubble while they have mods.

This change is long over due. Please fix it so that snipers can’t just come in a set off a mod with not recourse to stop them. The same as Sorcs shouldn’t be able to bubble with a mod. It should work like Hutt Ball and reset it or another solution is bubble wont work while they have a mod.

Amen. It's complete BS that a class can roll on up there and be immune to any sort of attempt to stop them. They sure as heck can code "if stealth class has mod, stealth is not usable", so do it for sorcs and snipers and their special abilities.

Playing sniper on Odessen Proving Grounds, getting a red mod, entrenching and deactivating in front of 5 people is fun though. What a shame I can't see their faces while I deactivate their node.

But yeah, probably one of the worst design flaws I have ever seen in a video game.