DPS Juggernauts in PvP ( Question for the devs )

Dyne-

Is there any plan in the near future to address the fact that DPS Juggernauts are borderline unplayable in ranked PvP? Their damage output is fine, but they literally melt under any kind of focus fire. They're meme worthy at the moment and bringing ranked solos down as a whole. They desperately need some kind of anti-focus, damage reduction, deflection or parry, ect. If not that then diminishing returns on cc or something.

As it stands if you aren't a merc, operative or sniper you're doing it wrong and asking to get tunneled in 20 seconds or less.

DPS juggs needs love, especially in ranked yes. I would prefer to make them more sturdy, and not to implement some type of anti-focus. As a jugg I want people to attack me, I want to be in the thick of it and I don't want to run and hide or similar. Something like 20% baseline DR would be a vast improvement, and maybe couple this with a slight damage reduction. Make them a bit more tanky, and leave the higher DPS for marauders. I think it would fit better with the core idea of juggs.

Simple solution: Give DPS juggs an ability that reduces damage by 40-50%for 30 seconds, but while active damage is reduced by X amount.

I honestly think that DPS Jugs/Guardians are in a good place overall. Their dcds and dps are both respectable and their battlefield movement is good as well.

I have seen them getting targeted first in SR mainly because they can't stealth out and their "second life" isn't quite as powerful as that of mercs/mandos but I think that we can all agree that the merc/mando one is a bit too powerful.

So I would, honestly, leave them where they are at.

Because no one should die when 3-4 other players are focusing them.

/facepalm

Not that I don't appreciate the sarcasm, but my post was actually a serious inquiry. I've no problem with Juggs dying when focused by 3 or 4 people. The problem is dying faster than range dps classes and marauders under the same intensity of focus fire when the class is called *Juggernaut*.

ITT: People who don't main juggs and dislike changes to status quo :cool:

Look, I completely agree that BW tend to overdo any buffs / nerfs, and I would hate for juggs to become FOTM due to being OP. But anyone playing SR know full well that PTs and Juggs are often the primary targets. Giving them a wee bit extra sustainability - especially for Rage - is a must at some point.

PTs should come first though. Poor fellows :D

And sins should get 1 more dcd.

Without PT's, Juggs, and Sins, my scoundrel/ops would be focused first.

So thank you for your sacrifice, kind sirs.

Rarely would I go ops first. A half decent ops should be able to survive for quite a while. Better to go sniper / mara / sorc. Hell even mercs should take priority.

Rarely would I go ops first. A half decent ops should be able to survive for quite a while. Better to go sniper / mara / sorc. Hell even mercs should take priority.

Pfff, tell that to season 7 and earlier. People used to kill us for our off-healing capabilities in the old seasons. It was a different meta.

Seems like you want another class the FOTM reroller club can join after mercs are dealt with....

The only reason juggs die faster than maras is because they cannot force camouflage out and go heal. Unless you want to give juggs phasewalk or stealth the only "fix" is to make them FOTM.

Please keep posting these threads as Bioware will listen and make some easy to do buffs like boost their self heals even more to give them 2 more lives.... fixed. ;)

If you get focused by 3 4 people you friken DIE dude.. no matter what class you play. Do you understand now ? The other possibility is that you aren't good at your class because there are Jugg dps on SR that die VERY VERY slowly.. ;)

Edited by DavidAtkinson

I don’t think tweaking a class should be based on its performance in SR, though I play strictly Hatred Sin/Serenity Shadow and I feel the pain. Just look at what they’ve done to mercs after years of players’ complaint on how poor they survive in SR.

It seems like soon every class will have some kind of “oh ****” button which is dumb. I have no clue how to make Juggs more viable, but it shouldn’t be “the merc solution”.

I believe there should be some work done bringing down overperforming specs- that would improve the performance of the ones that are doing poor right now.

And maybe it’s just me, but I’m seeing loads of juggs in SR and a lot of them are doing great.

Juggernauts are a lot more viable in any aspect of PVP since the buff of enraged defense. Can they still get focused? Yes.

If you want to buff Jugg's survivability then you got to reduce their dmg output or you will end up with a new FOTM class.

Also, before you do that there are enough other classes out there that need a serious buff - PT, Sins ,sorcs.

Another option could be to tune down the classes that are currently through the roof like Marauders and Snipers.

And before you jump the hate wagon -let's be real.

Marauders' dmg output combined with their immunity to incapacitating effects, their speed buffs/mobility, obfuscate, combat stealth and undying rage makes them a lot more viable than PTs, Sins and Sorcs as well as Juggs.

Snipers, even though more difficult to master, have insane dmg output, as well as mobility (for a so-called turret class), immunity, diversion, CD reset and self heals and rarely are you facing only one of them in a pvp match.

Yes, I know, you can always say "play one and learn to counter them" or "git gud" or go full merc premade and net the hell out of them but that doesn't fix the issue of them being overtuned at the moment.

Edited by panoukla

Class balance is a hopeless topic for players as well as developers. Especially in MMOs, with several different modes of content.

Mode: Casual leveling, class story and random FPs

Mode: Strictly for reg PVP.

Status: In a good spot, albeit Rage is not nearly as good as Vengeance. Jugg Tanks are best atm.

Mode: End game PvE (Operations ect.)

Status: I have no clue, but I would guess they are more than fine for most things.

Mode: Group Ranked

Status: Vengeance can work in pressure groups. Rage not so much.

Mode: Solo Ranked

Status: Will often be targeted first due to no escape and the threat of taunts and off-guard. Vengeance can do a lot of damage if left alone, but that is seldom the case.

So no juggs don't need a change for most content (Rage does a bit). The sturdyness ability I suggested earlier could work well for ranked, and with a long enough CD, it might not be OP for other content.

Class balance is a hopeless topic for players as well as developers. Especially in MMOs, with several different modes of content.

That's why a shake up occasionally is good. After 2-3 years of classes being on top or bottom gets old. Even just changing the power pyramid a bit by just changing number output would be nice.

They don't need to make any complicated new skills, or add new utilities, or anything else just reduce or increase the output on class abilities. Minimal effort could be put into changing the meta if they just wanted to shake things up a bit.

It's impossible to make all classes different and balanced equally so hoping for that is nothing short of a dream for a game. I am just tired of the same stuff though.

Even if PTs became OP'd with some improvements, who cares? At least some of the lower performing classes ought to be brought up and some of the higher performing classes ought to be knocked down a peg sometimes.

Personally I'd like to see sorcs melt stuff hard and be on top again. I'd like to see merc healers put in a place on top of the healers; they have been in the dumpster since launch when compared to the other healers especially in 4v4s.

I feel like my sin is lot more squishier than any jug out there.

The reason u focus jug because he's right there in your face, but then again before they apply any fixes to JUGGS there are PT. That feel like butter in PVP. I love my PT and would like to do some SOLO but i dare not to go through such psychological stress :).

Ppl were always saying "nerf this class, nerf that class", well, yeah, LEARN to counter them.

I recently won a duel against my friend who has 258 sniper, Gold from solo ranked 10, on my 248 operative and I dont even main operative or do solo ranked with it.

I just know how to counter a sniper, hide/heal at precise time, dodge hard hits etc.

Before that, I won against 2 mercs in 258 gear (it was a pvp tournament), and again, I dont even main operative, I just play them cause they are fun to play as a class.

So yeah, nerfs arent needed, you just need to get better at your class.

DPS juggs needs love, especially in ranked yes. I would prefer to make them more sturdy, and not to implement some type of anti-focus. As a jugg I want people to attack me, I want to be in the thick of it and I don't want to run and hide or similar. Something like 20% baseline DR would be a vast improvement, and maybe couple this with a slight damage reduction. Make them a bit more tanky, and leave the higher DPS for marauders. I think it would fit better with the core idea of juggs.

Simple solution: Give DPS juggs an ability that reduces damage by 40-50%for 30 seconds, but while active damage is reduced by X amount.

That already almost happens with veng and rage, you just have to leap constantly on veng spec and use smash constantly on rage spec.

You just take the utility for veng to decrease force leap cd whenver you're attacked and constantly leap. You can also use force push to reset cd timer if you really need it.

Juggs imo (as a jugg player) are perfectly fine, I dont want another fotm class. As it stands PTs are still utter crap compared to juggs, trust me. :)

Edited by RACATW