PVP guilds not viable

varietasplus

Players only interested in playing PVP are at a disadvantage when it comes to leveling or getting guild bonuses. There are still large PVE guilds around that easily complete conquest goals, get max bonus for extra XP and have other benefits, but neither is possible to achieve by founding a PVP guild. Hell, there are hardly any PVP guilds around.

For that reason, there should be a special guild type for PVPers that only grants bonuses for doing PVP content (including GSF), so that PVP becomes a viable option in terms of level/CXP/crating mat gains in the same time (effort). Also, number of guild members should have no effect on the bonuses owing to the limited PVP population.

Please don't tell we should join a PVE guild, because that is not to way to solve this problem. We would still be an outsider and would take away the spot from alts or other PVE players. Also, guild chat would be full of irrelevant information for us and in the meantime, we would have conversations most players would not be interested in.

Please take this into consideration with patch 6.0.

Edited by varietasplus

What needs to happen is for all the conquest objectives to be per character. At the moment, half of the good ones that pvpers can get good points for are locked once per legacy, per day.

ie, the socialite one is per legacy and on the odd occasion when there is a good pvp one, it is also locked per legacy.

Really, the only pvp ones are the repeatable WZ played and medal achievement ones. But that’s only 2 out of a whole list that pve people get a choice of.

I know if they were to unlock those specific “group and all pvp conquest” objectives, then pvp guilds could be right up there with the pve guilds.

I dont know why. But I feel prior to swtors inception pvp was never intended and was like a last minute add on. I dont think DEV wants there to be an even divide in content. Especially when half that content would be targeted at appeasing the PvP community. They have always wanted this to be a pve focuss game. What OP is suggesting would disrupt that. Just throw pvpers a new huttball map every so often to keep em quiet. Its like free cheese for the impoverished.

I dont know why. But I feel prior to swtors inception pvp was never intended and was like a last minute add on. I dont think DEV wants there to be an even divide in content. Especially when half that content would be targeted at appeasing the PvP community. They have always wanted this to be a pve focuss game. What OP is suggesting would disrupt that. Just throw pvpers a new huttball map every so often to keep em quiet. Its like free cheese for the impoverished.

I don't mind if PVP guilds do not get any love as long as devs remove all the bonuses and rewards for being in a PVE guild. Just throw a new FP with brainless, stationary NPCs every so often to keep em quiet.

How does that sound? Seems pretty balanced to me.