Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vet's edge stacks in gods

chipequssmlgpro
Today , 12:14 PM | #61
Look at it this way, if you're a group progressing on any of the legacy raids and once you and your group clear -everything- without Veteran's Edge stacks, you'll feel like you actually achieved something, rather than -just- kill it.

And if there are any of you that still doubt that it's doable, you can hop onto Youtube and search for kill videos from 6.1, or just DM me and I'll be more than happy to provide you footage

MJSCHNEIDER
Today , 12:47 PM | #62
Just make stacks optional and let people play the content they want. It doesnt take away anything from anyone if another group gets a timed run with or without stacks.
As long as titles and mounts are being sold there should also be a way for people to go get them without being in the 99th percentile. The argument "git gud" is worthless unless you extend it to its full length of "git gud or pay" - which is what it really is. The first price hikes for carries already happened within days of the patch.

And still - no word from Bioware as to why they saw fit to introduce all this without any warning.

Ubarave
Today , 01:23 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by MJSCHNEIDER View Post
And still - no word from Bioware as to why they saw fit to introduce all this without any warning.
Umm... there was if you know how to read. They released it earlier than planned, and patch notes guy wasn’t up-to-date. May not be the explanation you wanted, but it is an explanation.

From Dev Tracker: “Originally this was planned to come in a later Game Update so it could get more bake time, but when it was moved to this release it was missed for patch noting. I understand the frustration around the lack of communication on this one, it was definitely not meant to be a ninja change so apologies for that.

MJSCHNEIDER
Today , 01:34 PM | #64
Thats not an explanation, thats a nonsense PR phrase translating into "we messed up but I am not allowed to admit that".

AwesomeTacoCat
Today , 01:54 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by chipequssmlgpro View Post
Look at it this way, if you're a group progressing on any of the legacy raids and once you and your group clear -everything- without Veteran's Edge stacks, you'll feel like you actually achieved something, rather than -just- kill it.

And if there are any of you that still doubt that it's doable, you can hop onto Youtube and search for kill videos from 6.1, or just DM me and I'll be more than happy to provide you footage
People are not contending that this content is undoable. We are saying it is not acceptable for the content to be such that only the top 0.01% of players can complete it, as this is ultimately bad for the larger raiding community. Hence, providing video evidence that the top 0.01% of players can complete the content is entirely useless to this debate.

I know you and others arguing that stacks should stay removed aren’t sufficiently dense as to not understand this.

Ubarave
Today , 01:57 PM | #66
Thats not an explanation, thats a nonsense PR phrase translating into "we messed up but I am not allowed to admit that".
Cool, so you figured it out all on your own; i'm so proud of you. If they messed up and made an oopsie, what more of an explanation do you need? They expressed that it is gonna be this way for a while, and they are currently monitoring feedback. I dunno why you expect anything more from them now. It's been two working days for them. Calm down, and if NiM is too hard for you right now, go back to hard mode while you wait for something to change.

MJSCHNEIDER
Today , 02:09 PM | #67
WIth the amount of "discussion" about this topic, a reaction was warranted on working day 1.
That whole statement is a noncommittial bit of nothing.

Ubarave
Today , 02:22 PM | #68
WIth the amount of "discussion" about this topic, a reaction was warranted on working day 1.
That whole statement is a noncommittial bit of nothing.
Of course it's noncommittal. You can't have it both ways. First, you complain that they released changes without giving you enough time to prepare yourself emotionally for losing stacks. Then you complain that they haven't announced an immediate, massive functional change to the game without testing?

The stacks are gone, and for the immediate future, you can expect them to stay gone. BW is observing and planning next steps. There's all of like ONE person working on this stuff.

MJSCHNEIDER
Today , 03:18 PM | #69
So you think its fine leaving both sides of the argument just escalating things like it is happening now ?
Im not asking for a change right now - as you so eloquently pointed out that is unrealistic.
The only change I think possible on such short notice would be reenabling the stacks completely which will piss off one side.

A reaction that I would expect would be something like:
"We see this change caused a lot of friction within the community. Please post suggestions for a compromise only in this thread (link to new thread) along with a brief reasoning. This is not the place to discuss or flame each other. if you dont post a suggestion, do not post at all at this point.
In 7 days the suggestion thread will close. Then a community vote will take place and the most popular 5 options will be brought to the dev team to look into. We will come back to you after a couple of days with an answer on whether and how quickly the top 5 selections can be implemented."

Being proactive with a statement like that, offering a clear path ahead beats letting issues like this fester.