Trying to decide what class to play Imp side

Dinguskhan

Hey all, i just recently come back to SWTOR and i was wondering which classes on Imperial side are fine to play with 250+ ms, i live in Australia and i do want to raid down the track. Im very opened minded with what ever class and spec just trying to decide what will be less punishing for someone with high latency.

All of the classes will work, because the content has been reduced in difficulty to the point where there is a significant margin for error and a user-friendly vibe on all of the storyline content.

The only caveat I would put on it is that it is definitely recommended to get whatever companion you choose to use up to higher influence levels so that they are more effective in whatever role you assign to them (tank, damage or healer).

Probably the most survivable class would be a Bounty Hunter - Mercenary (in heavy armor), using the healing Discipline, and with Mako as your companion, set to either Tank at lower Influence levels, or Damage at higher Influence. Once you get her Influence at max (level 50), you can go afk out in the world and she will handle whatever mobs get a proximity aggro on you as they patrol their spawn areas, and i fyou want to send her out to attack stuff, she will be able to handle most anything you encounter outside of Heroic instances entirely on her own.

Another option would be a tank Juggernaut with Vette set for healing. In a healing spec, Vette is less able to cope with wiping out mob groups than Mako in Damage spec, but if you get disconnected or lag out for a few seconds, she will be able to keep you alive without too many issues.

If yo uare expecting connection issues, I would suggest avoiding Marauder, DPS-specced Assassin, Sorceror, Operative, or Sniper. Al lof them are viable if you only expect to lag a bit but for a full disconnection you might come back to find you have died and need to respawn. Although having said that, the respawn back at a base is the worst that can happen.

For end-game content, disconnections will be much more problematic and I would then recommend not going with any of the tank or healer classes - the content is a bit easier than it used to be, but still not so much that the rest of the team will be cool with picking up the slack if you have issues.

All of the classes will work, because the content has been reduced in difficulty to the point where there is a significant margin for error and a user-friendly vibe on all of the storyline content.

The only caveat I would put on it is that it is definitely recommended to get whatever companion you choose to use up to higher influence levels so that they are more effective in whatever role you assign to them (tank, damage or healer).

Probably the most survivable class would be a Bounty Hunter - Mercenary (in heavy armor), using the healing Discipline, and with Mako as your companion, set to either Tank at lower Influence levels, or Damage at higher Influence. Once you get her Influence at max (level 50), you can go afk out in the world and she will handle whatever mobs get a proximity aggro on you as they patrol their spawn areas, and i fyou want to send her out to attack stuff, she will be able to handle most anything you encounter outside of Heroic instances entirely on her own.

Another option would be a tank Juggernaut with Vette set for healing. In a healing spec, Vette is less able to cope with wiping out mob groups than Mako in Damage spec, but if you get disconnected or lag out for a few seconds, she will be able to keep you alive without too many issues.

If yo uare expecting connection issues, I would suggest avoiding Marauder, DPS-specced Assassin, Sorceror, Operative, or Sniper. Al lof them are viable if you only expect to lag a bit but for a full disconnection you might come back to find you have died and need to respawn. Although having said that, the respawn back at a base is the worst that can happen.

For end-game content, disconnections will be much more problematic and I would then recommend not going with any of the tank or healer classes - the content is a bit easier than it used to be, but still not so much that the rest of the team will be cool with picking up the slack if you have issues.

Oh i wont be d/cing at all from the game, its just my Latency will be between 250-350 ms. Thanks man. i appreciate the help :D

Hey all, i just recently come back to SWTOR and i was wondering which classes on Imperial side are fine to play with 250+ ms, i live in Australia and i do want to raid down the track. Im very opened minded with what ever class and spec just trying to decide what will be less punishing for someone with high latency.

Dont forget that they all have excellent story as well :). Im not sure if im much of a help but i always felt bounty hunter is fun to play and probably not too affected by latency. Arsenal merc is great but lately i tried a powertech aoe dps spec that surprised me how much fun it is to play. Dont remember the exact spec but i can look it up later!

i suggest playing with range classes is easier than melee

Like others said game is pretty easy right now. Propably you can't go wrong whatever you choose.

I just finished three class stories doing the Legendary Player achievement, one from level 1, and thus have some perspective. And I am returning player, had few years I did not playt at all.

There are some differences in my opinion

- sorcerer/consular is propably quite easy and smooth to play. Propably one of the easiest

- operative/assassin has big advantage that they can stealth past many encounters which makes leveling easier and faster as you dont have to kill everything on your way

- sentinel/marauder is. propably harderst needing most work because you have to kill things fast with it hacking throuhg most thing and your protection and CC is not very good

My personal opinion is that I would propably go operative or assasin road. Both have good stories, can stealth and I feel are pretty fun to play. Sorcerer is very good but I feel its bit one sided on long run for me. Some would say its bit boring but its naturally highly subjective.

Mercenary is no bad either but I dont think its story is on same level as those prementioned. What comes operations have not done them lately. My recollection was that ranged class has there big advantage. They are far more flexible where they can stand and move.