Penalty for leavers!

Algaria

So when the EPIC joke of a queue system laughably pits me against 4 mercs, two snipers, a jug and healer and we get no healer and a bunch of squishy's I'm supose to waste my time and play through a match that anyone that has any brains can foresee what the outcome will be or seeing as I have a finite amount of time to play I can bail on a unbalanced joke of a match re-queue and perhaps maybe get something slightly better. So now under your divine wisdom I get penalized because of bioware's laughable matching making. Really? Tell me your not serious! This is your ingenious solution! So now I don't bail I cloak and sit at the one pylon (if we even have one) get defensive medals do absolutely nothing, watch you still loose all because your idea decided to punish me for a crap arse que system and force me to waste what little time I had playing a match which outcome was foreseeable from the start! So not only will your purposed system not work it accomplishes nothing save having players go afk till match is over!

So when the EPIC joke of a queue system laughably pits me against 4 mercs, two snipers, a jug and healer and we get no healer and a bunch of squishy's I'm supose to waste my time and play through a match that anyone that has any brains can foresee what the outcome will be or seeing as I have a finite amount of time to play I can bail on a unbalanced joke of a match re-queue and perhaps maybe get something slightly better. So now under your divine wisdom I get penalized because of bioware's laughable matching making. Really? Tell me your not serious! This is your ingenious solution! So now I don't bail I cloak and sit at the one pylon (if we even have one) get defensive medals do absolutely nothing, watch you still loose all because your idea decided to punish me for a crap arse que system and force me to waste what little time I had playing a match which outcome was foreseeable from the start! So not only will your purposed system not work it accomplishes nothing save having players go afk till match is over!

Pretty much this ^

People would just find a corner to afk and then go make a sandwich.

F that, I see that class spread, I leave immediately. I'll do it ten times in a row if I keep hitting groups like that.

But, If I decide to stay, I'm sticking it out, I don't care what happens round 1 or 2 [if its a split], once you start, you should stay. It's wrong to leave the team undermanned at that point, your are virtually insuring they will lose.

I wouldn't give anyone leaving after coming and seeing that spread on the other side a second thought. Perfectly justified. I would not support a system that would penalize people for not wanting to play bullseye to the firing squads of mercs and snipers that plague the rest of us and equally the uneven healer scenarios.

Apparently Quitting a game as soon as you're 10+ points behind the opposition is the new black.

So we have to put up with it or stop PvP-ing. - Which for a number of people means quitting the game altogether.

When you can cycle through 8 people on a 4v4 arena and regularly see 12 or 14 on an 8v8 it shows that quitting is rife.

Unfortunately nobody cares enough to do anything about it. - And that's the saddest part of all.

There is already penalties for leavers:

- No end-game EXP/CXP.

- No daily/weekly quest gains.

- Have to go back into a queue and wait.

Problem solved, thread closed, no further discussion required.

(Really doesn't this point out the real fact, that no matter what penalties you have - it won't prevent leavers, so lets stop beating a dead horse...)

What penalty, thanks for for no penalty for leaving. Games usually so one sided and average player is very horrid in surrounding observation, quick right decisions, target choice and just comprehension for what this WZ is about.

If this option to exists just make a cap you have to stay at least for 5 min in WZ.

On top of that you have to deal with sorc/sage healers that just can carry team by sheer healing they can output. If you have decent dps but no heals and other team has a bit of brain you done for.

Class combination, like 4 maras that one shot or 3 stealth classes on node making impossible to capture.

Premades (usually pubs with healers and tanks where i understand this mostly this is the only way they can win).

To some degree gear differences.

And WZ balance in general. So many times i quied into 2 healers on other team where we had none.... How does their AI decides that somehow one team has 2 healers but you get nothing...... Once this happens you already on the path of failure.

No i honestly few days ago was against leavers but after playing more and more Swotr i came to decision that i want to have an option to leave WZ.

Edited by Cherepk

Absolutely not.

If I enter a match in progress on a badly losing side and after a couple of minutes' play its obvious that my experience will be being ganked, I'm gone.

If in a Yavin match my team is the one that is too hesitant to rush mid, the other side caps 2 and I have to listen to 15 minutes of canon noise where this state of play never changes, I'm gone.

If I get an arena pop, and when the match starts I'm 3 v 4, or crap geared vs premade, or 4 dps against tank-heal- double dps, I'm gone.

If it becomes one of those endgame matches where unkillable healers just stand there in a circle and no one dies for 5 minutes, I'm gone.

If it's one of those matches where there are obvious cheaters and exploiters, I'm gone.

If it's the 4th pop of the same wz in a row, I'm gone.

If in Huttball it's obvious the other side is organised and will win easily, I'll stay and just have fun killing ppl.

If I'm in the mood to not bother with an unwinnable wz but just stay to improve my skills or because Im enjoying it, I'll stay.

If the class balance is OK, I'll stay. If it seems like an even match or even-ish, Ill stay.

If its a WZ I particularly like I'll stay.

If SWTOR introduces a penalty pvp will decay even more. Pops will decrease. Players will feel forced to endure the sheer boredeom and agony of the time when the match is just badly balanced and where you end up camping a node and chatting whilst the clock ticks down.

I really like SWTOR, been here since founding. Since the loss of pvp gear and other bad class balance stuff it's all really on a thread. I tolerate the crap because I can exercise a choice to leave and re-queue. Take that away and why bother to pay not to enjoy it?

If mine and others' behaviour like me detrimentally affects other players - really sorry but I don't care. It's up to Bioware to make a balanced, enjoyable game. Shining example: I've been in arena 1 v 4. At least do something simple that would have made that 2v2 - let alone talk about classes. That's 2 mins to queue to be destroyed then repeat it. Why would I pay for that?

I used to stick out every match to the end, but I'm now coming around to the benefits of leaving. I'm not one of those who will quit a match the moment my team starts to lose, but there are times where I think quitting is entirely justifiable and staying is going to cause you nothing but frustration in something that is supposed to be fun.

I'll give you an example of a match I left the other day. It was Yavin, and at the start I go theirs by myself. I get into a 2 vs 1 and solo kill both, capping their node. While this was going on we lost mid but capped ours and so we were ahead with two nodes. I call out for people to defend, but four people stay fighting uselessly at mid instead of peeling to the two side nodes. I'm still alone at "theirs." I get one incoming, then two, then three. All are called out. How much help do I get? None. The people fighting at mid stayed there or went back after respawn, I died, and we lost the node I had captured. Of course mid wasn't captured either.

Why should I stay in match where half my team are just there to damage farm at mid and can't do basic things necessary to win matches, such as peeling off to the two nodes you control when you capture two early, or responding to incoming calls? Should I be penalized for not sticking around to try and carry these people by attempting to recapture the node we lost, and in the off chance I succeed, hope the useless people at mid will do better at responding to calls the second time?

I don't think so and I don't regret leaving. The match I got after leaving was a Huttball we lost 6-5 but was competitive the entire time, with two teams that understood teamwork, and a lot more fun.

There are other situations where leaving is justified as well. Should players stick around when the matchmaking gods stack the deck against them? 3 DPS vs a team of four, including a tank and a healer, in an arena? An Ancient Hypergate where the opposing team has three healers, at least two of which are guarded, where your team has nothing but DPS? The double premade farming pugs? The match where you are 6 or 7 vs 8, because 1 or 2 of your teammates are just there for the UCs and have found a corner to hide in?

Why should I stay in match where half my team are just there to damage farm at mid and can't do basic things necessary to win matches

Just coming from an ACW. I go to snow, 6 go to mid, Oper to grass. I arrive at the node, place Phase Walk on one side to prepare for funny stealthers trying to mess with my cap, then cap. By the time it finished, mid (where the 6 guys, including a healer) went, was already red, with my team back at near the spawn drop. The oper at grass was dying, nobody even started to move to help him.

I don't care if the other team would eventually manage to lose it for us - if it starts like I'm locked in a cage with a bunch of primates, I'll take my chance and leave.

The Red Eclipse (repside) had more wz pops than The Prog before the merge, so we were inclined to check it out for more pvp.. but I couldn't stand it because as soon as a pylon was taken by enemy team, or they scored first in huttball, or even, got the ball first, took two bases in novare coast.- people would leave.

People like this should just cheat in monopoly against 5 yr olds and leave warzones alone. But that's not going to happen, so I really think it's time.. a few years ago, to put a debuff on leavers.

before, we needed all players we could possibly get, and somehow, they stuck around for the whole match. Probably because back then it would take many minutes until another match would pop anyway.

Edit: Example, I was just in a huttball match. After enemy team got the first ball (not scoredyet, mind you) we had 3 leavers. After the score, 2 more.. and so as the new ones come in, they see how we're all over the map getting killed as a result- THEY also leave, and so on. It's ridiculous.

You can't ask people to lower their standards to match yours.

You can't ask people to lower their standards to match yours.

They enter a queue with random people, and end up with random peolpe with random skills and gear. If their standards are "higher" than mine, they shouldn't enter a random queuing system, as this is what you get. Since your reply isn't very detailed, it's hard to know exactly what you mean. But like I said, if somebody has the bad luck of ending up in a gorup who they think has no chance in hell, they can leave in the start of the match.

Idk, the way this forum post is going, with the mentality of leaving- i've gone away from the game entirely. I don't understand the point in just having easy wins and leaving the hard games. Leave amongst yourselves. o/

They enter a queue with random people, and end up with random peolpe with random skills and gear. If their standards are "higher" than mine, they shouldn't enter a random queuing system, as this is what you get. Since your reply isn't very detailed, it's hard to know exactly what you mean. But like I said, if somebody has the bad luck of ending up in a gorup who they think has no chance in hell, they can leave in the start of the match.

Idk, the way this forum post is going, with the mentality of leaving- i've gone away from the game entirely. I don't understand the point in just having easy wins and leaving the hard games. Leave amongst yourselves. o/

you dont get what i'm saying.

Your Standards force you to stay in hopeless or undesirable matches.

My Standards allow me to leave whenever i feel like it without weight on my conscience. In my opinion, yours is a lower standard.

ntality of leaving- i've gone away from the game entirely. I don't understand the point in just having easy wins and leaving the hard games. Leave amongst yourselves. o/

Hard games are fine, huttball for the 5th time in a row isn't. I don't mind losing on a map I enjoy, I played enough huttball at launch to last a lifetime.

Absolutely not. If mine and others' behaviour like me detrimentally affects other players - really sorry but I don't care. It's up to Bioware to make a balanced, enjoyable game. Shining example: I've been in arena 1 v 4. At least do something simple that would have made that 2v2 - let alone talk about classes. That's 2 mins to queue to be destroyed then repeat it. Why would I pay for that?

You're paying to play this game. You have the right to play it however you want, even if it may ruffle a few feathers, you're not doing anything "wrong". If it's not fun, what's the point?

Rage quitting happens all the time, it's rampant. And everytime your in the middle of a WZ and someone leaves, that leaves you underhanded and that makes your prospects for winning less, but people aren't here for strangers, they're here for themselves.

To say otherwise would be like questioning the way someone read's a book in their leisure time!

I don't ever leave a wz, I will wait it out, but I sometimes stop pursuing the objective. What do you do when your team is hopelessly outmatched and simply wont organize? You see guys re-spawning and running alone into a group of enemies to get slaughtered and you think to yourself, how can I make the most of this? So the question I have is: what do you do if you can't leave, but your team wont come together? Or when an organized group comes and ganks hard on your pug. I find it kind of funny when in ACW or NC the team hopelessly losing retreats to their lone node and has a dance party, thereby depriving the enemy of sport. It's a kind of psy-ops in that what you are saying is: you may win, but I won't make it fun by letting you beat up on me. If they want to fight they have to come to us, that is something we can control, and at least one battle we can win. I often wonder what it is like for the winners to just sit there on their nodes waiting for a fight that never comes. Meanwhile we are all dancing and managing our crafting. I imagine if must suck, and that takes some of the sting off of being part of a bunch of sorry losers.

I like what WOW did (Blizz still might, haven't played in a while) - you could not enter WZ (BG) again for 10 minutes.

You have a RL issues, I'm sure it will take more then 10 mins. You in a losing team? Suck it up. Go farm kills, or pick flowers - I don't care. You leave you should wait.

You don't like it, then stick with ranked.

I've entered games late, that were just terrible. I usually just guard a node. Of like I mentioned, I'll focus on HK's. But I don't leave. And like the above post, I sometimes urge everyone on my team to one node. Not to let the winning team farm you. Trust, they will come to us. And we farm them.

Edited by cagthehack

You in a losing team? Suck it up. Go farm kills, or pick flowers - I don't care. You leave you should wait.

A major issue isn't being on a losing team, its map choice. A real simple solution to this would be to show you the map that your going to enter when the queue pops and then if you don't like that map you leave queue and re-queue in a few minutes. it accomplishes the same thing as leaving to avoid a map.

I like what WOW did (Blizz still might, haven't played in a while) - you could not enter WZ (BG) again for 10 minutes.

You have a RL issues, I'm sure it will take more then 10 mins. You in a losing team? Suck it up. Go farm kills, or pick flowers - I don't care. You leave you should wait.

I've entered games late, that were just terrible. I usually just guard a node. Of like I mentioned, I'll focus on HK's. But I don't leave. And like the above post, I sometimes urge everyone on my team to one node. Not to let the winning team farm you. Trust, they will come to us. And we farm them.

You're not farming anyone if you're on that team LOL

From the viewpoint of someone who barely know the basics of basic in PVP, but having played the game's other aspects for quite some time.

I was not an active PVPer before the server merges, but I I did make some some very eye opening "discoveries" about this issue.

First of all, 90% of the PVP player base on SWTOR will have zero issue Leaving a group if they are in a PUG, and one guy is like me 99.8% useless, most likely geared like a disaster, making the "never worked so why even keep it" bolster go even more out of balance than it does already.

Yet it is also this group who have the hardest time being quitted on.

I have been reading some of the threads here and what stands out is people's reasons to quit, and how "wrong" and selfish they are looking to how the game is designed and what missions the game gives you.

Some state that if the meet a so and so group, player(skill level) type etc etc........

Some have other equally selfish and wrong reasons to do this.

Valor rank 25, how high this is, I have no idea....I don't even think I have 10 ( over 6+years in game)

This is the requirement to go Ranked.

I will not invite to a ranked vs unranked content debate, but a lack in one is not by the game rules ( maybe by a player group consensus, however, but it not the same) does not allow the other to act as the replacement.

I am super uber , cheat and exploits the worst ever PVPer to ever play game, including Yatzee, just letting you all know.

I am also speaking of my experiences prior to the server merges.

At level 10, my first time through the game way back when and before all the current stuff......like in 2010-11-12ish, may have listed a year or more before.......I did not play since beta or anything, nor as a preorder guy, but I did begin the game I think in 2011-ISH.

At level 10 the game, by design offered me the "try and see if you like" pvp, as well training I think at the time, it has changed so much that details are gone....but PVP unranked was given and still as under "introduction".

What I found, back then, first as a f2p, later pref and sub for years after this was really a social sewer, and a population that was not exactly interested in "allowing" others into their game ( with the WE OWN IT" mindset)

I had zero clue to how bolster didn't work.........the info provided by the game ( not forums, will come back to whay this is not advice but the opposite), I jumped in..........to be introduced to something that to me was 100%new and untested ground.

What I met were players, most of them with experience from other MMOS, having a prior pvp experience, and having a rank ( valor) enough to play ranked, to me something that seems a step up in expected competitiveness and skill, hence the minimum rank to queue.

I wanted to have a look at this, try it.....unranked that is............following the game as instructed.

I experienced that the other players, demanded a certain skill, they had "unwritten RANKED LEVEL rules" in these areas.

Instead of accepting that THEY chose to PUG a random group in a game that odds are they will pair you up with a first time ever MMO player, they beging to demand and cry and complain.

And when put to the wall, and their "presence" in unranked are questioned they answer.

Because WE ( the majority of immature pvpers on swtor, roughly 90%) are not happy with content we find lacking, boring or what not...then WE chose to go to unraked and do OUR PVP ther and becuse WE are unahppy with the conted this is by default OUR right.

To which a response of F-U-Derogatory word....is fully in place.

to then say read a guide......one of 1000s online, all being about THEIR way of doing things. Watch a youtube viedo on a subject you do not find more interesting than wanting so see and introducton, and again potential hours before you find what you look for.

So I quit, others quit, Chat is not nice et etc.....and the group that overall suffer are the "new blood".

So I can fully see why a quit should be free for all, becuse I would quit on a group with experience that can not mentally grasp that in a unranked random PUG group they can and should always expect, ( until proven otherwise) that none of the others have ANY skill, or concept on how bolster (doesn't) work. They make demands belonging not in a no mimimum req unranked introduction zone(s), I will and find it nice to quit on these people making SURE they lose.

I have tied to say I don't pvp to win, I actually do not. I am not skilled enough to even think of a competiotn concept, If I can hit something and survive one attack I am 10 000 000 steps further up the skill latter......and it is for these levels the zone is intended.

This, was not something that happened once, but a pattern, "very" experienced PVPers that due to lack of Ranled content play Unranked, but somwhere they began to think they had the rights to demand of OTHERS the same as would be expected in ranke........which they do not.

And I even rolled on a pvp server...................it died years before the resent merges.....becuse even the PVPers didn't like the PVP unreasonalble demands made in the WZ and they didn't like the "gank-game" they were "forced" to endure on the open pvp servers, so they migrated en masse to a PVE server and then started the same thing over again.....with the same demands and expectations.....

I would say odds are that NOW A DAYS with the mergings and the old pvp servers all but extinct long before, what ever is comming into the servers are casual PVPers, mostly focused on the game's other aspects, and if they need 1 kill to ding something PVE, they will ans SHOULD, go to unranked wzs pop in, get the kill, the one match, or die if they need to. and poof out.....THAT is what unraked zones was designed for.........( now how players choose to use them)

I see nothing wrong in a lvl 10 ( well with the recent xp boosting, the lot you are now even for some in the 20s) popping into WZ for the introduction XP, doing ZERO, nd quitting or levaing after............THAT IS THE POINT.

While it is a bad thing for those wanting more, that Ranked has "no content" , it does not anywhere state in any ruels or info on the game that this gives the "ranked level" players a default right in the Unranked WZs, and thus asing for more "penalty for this and that" is something BW should ignore........

If the game by concept desgined differently, sure..., but it is not.

So NO, there should not be a penalty for leaving, becuse in actuality the unraked zoes are for NON PVPers and PVPers alike.......allowng 100& for both, while ( regardless of content) ranked is concepted to be for the PVP group-

It must be great to live in that little bubble of oblivious ignorance you're so entrenched in.

The problem my friends, pvp in swtor is perfectly set up for win trading and abuse. Ill give a few examples.

1)deathmatch galactic Starfighter. players can kill themselves it counts against their team, what do you think are the chances guilds and premades abuse this?

2)Ancient Hypergate, same thing.

3)Ive seen and participated in numerous hutball matches(both style of matches, a player gets the ball and then goes "the wrong way" wont pass, wont gear dies and oh wow enemy team gets the ball and scores. Players who pvp fairly regularly aren't stupid. there are ways in just about every map to accomplish this slimy method of winning.

4)So really you want a penalty for leaving matches, then I want a standard minimum level of gearing and timeout period for ranked teams NOT to be allowed into regular matches. Probably should be setting a better match making system that disallow guildmates from facing across from each other anyways.

I could go on and on but the fact is I think Bioware knows this, by the way *******es, they can read every one of your "private" chats so I'm sure they know what you've all been up to for the past 5 years. This is why likely nothing will change since they know whos been doing this and whose been using hacks(yes learn to play my butt)

SO basically princess suck it up, actually learn to play fairly, gear up play with actual sportsmanship and I think then Bioware would take this qq session seriously.