Watchman sentinels need a deserved PVP buff.

Marisblood

Simple: :D

1. 2% healing from bleeds up from 1%.

2. Make bleeds uncleasable and ticking faster / harder.

3. Leap root (3 sec) by default and slow (50%) for 6 sec in the same time since most classes have a free movement speed buff (see mandos with 10 sec for mid tree or VG 8 sec mid tree or healing sages or rolling scoperatives...bah).

3. Bleed efect should slow the target for 30% of all time for the duration.

4. Merciles slash should also make the target to bleed and aditionaly doing half of the primary dmg as bleed for 6 seconds.

A wounded target that bleed move slower and die faster.... this is the concept ;)

No less, no more. Wake up Devs, this spec need a deserved pvp buff. :mad:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor, poor sentinels/maras, you've had such underpowered specs for so long that you have never been competitive in pvp while sorcs, mercs, dps operatives, and dps juggs control the leaderboards and have standing invitations to every ranked team on every single server...

Seriously, get in line.

Poor, poor sentinels/maras, you've had such underpowered specs for so long that you have never been competitive in pvp while sorcs, mercs, dps operatives, and dps juggs control the leaderboards and have standing invitations to every ranked team on every single server...

Seriously, get in line.

I hate to smash...i love to bleed. Watchman is not a smasher. And i believe we all deserve viable specs in all tree of a desired class that we pick up to play. I hate to be forced to choose a tree that Devs want me to choose. Where is my freedom here? Freedom of will. :p

Watchman still outperform focus in PvE so all they really need is some improved survivability with the ability to ramp up damage more quickly. Watchman was the best PvP spec in 1.0-1.2, and it was not until combat got buffed, and changes were made to focus to equalize the spec between guardian and sent with other changes made to allow instant stacking of singularity that watchman fell behind. The heal on bleeds being nerfed also didn't help. In any case, buffing damage of bleeds is probably not necessary and would lead to other problems.

Simple: :D

1. 2% healing from bleeds up from 1%.

2. Make bleeds uncleasable and ticking faster / harder.

3. Leap root (3 sec) by default and slow (50%) for 6 sec in the same time since most classes have a free movement speed buff (see mandos with 10 sec for mid tree or VG 8 sec mid tree or healing sages or rolling scoperatives...bah).

3. Bleed efect should slow the target for 30% of all time for the duration.

4. Merciles slash should also make the target to bleed and aditionaly doing half of the primary dmg as bleed for 6 seconds.

A wounded target that bleed move slower and die faster.... this is the concept ;)

No less, no more. Wake up Devs, this spec need a deserved pvp buff. :mad:

While watchmen is my favorite spec and I would love to see it be viable for pvp again, I cant see them doing much to the spec as its already one of the highest parsers for pve.

Burst is so high now compared to launch that I cant really see the 2% healing being that much of a factor anymore, especially since they nerfed GBTF which is now counter productive to the spec as a whole. I would still love to have the 2% heal returned though. Thought that nerf was unnecessary to begin with.

Uncleanseable dots would be nice but it wouldn't solve the main issue with why the spec isn't used in pvp. Overall though I don't think its much of an issue. Dots can be reapplied so easily, and dots being purged just means they are wasting a GCD purging a dot instead of doing heals/dmg. Not to say I wouldn't mind having it, I just don't really think its necessary.

Damage wise the spec is actually quite strong in pvp. I still tear through people with the spec and merciless slash hits for a good 7k when it crits. The problem is overall it doesn't have any real burst and the ramp up time is a hindrance (Mostly for arenas. I don't think its that big of an issue in 8v8). Merciless and juyo stacks staying for 24s was a huge help, but it still doesn't change the fact that the spec has fairly long ramp up times to get the dps going. If the stacks fell off one at a time instead of all at once that would help quite a bit, or if they made valorous call immediately grant full stacks of juyo and merciless that would help quite a bit as well.

Bleeds doing more damage as the opponent moves is an interesting idea which has been implemented already into electro net so it would be interesting to see it applied to watchmen. It wouldn't impact pve much since mobs don't really move a whole lot. I don't think our dots need more slows though. Cauterize already applies a slow and we have leg slash as well and a 0 meter leap so really more slows isn't necessary.

I've said this on a couple of occasions, the main problem with watchman is that it more susceptible to kitting and being slowed , rooted while being the spec that also needs to spend the most time on the target to deal any kind of serious dmg. The other 2 specs have abilitys that can get rid of any slows/roots place while also being to deal a nice amount of burst in a short amount of time. Watchman does not while also being the spec with the least initial burst so requires alot more uptime on a target. CC/slow Immunity like say for example.. vigilance would do this spec the world of good in pvp. Edited by AngusFTW

CC/slow Immunity like say for example.. vigilance would do this spec the world of good in pvp.
I had this exact thought earlier today. Giving Watchman/Annihilation CC immunity on leap would make it a lot more attractive in PVP but presumably wouldn't matter much for PVE (might increase their uptime in some fights with knockbacks I guess). The main problem I see is the enhanced leap traits you get in the tree though. Because you can leap from close range (and more frequently) you might end with Sentinel's who are immune to CC 90%+ of the time. Which would be fun for them but might change the dynamics of PVP a bit more then desired. So maybe the proc might make them immune to some CC / knockbacks - like Hold the Line does for Troopers. Edited by DharmaPolice

I had this exact thought earlier today. Giving Watchman/Annihilation CC immunity on leap would make it a lot more attractive in PVP but presumably wouldn't matter much for PVE (might increase their uptime in some fights with knockbacks I guess). The main problem I see is the enhanced leap traits you get in the tree though. Because you can leap from close range (and more frequently) you might end with Sentinel's who are immune to CC 90%+ of the time. Which would be fun for them but might change the dynamics of PVP a bit more then desired. So maybe the proc might make them immune to some CC / knockbacks - like Hold the Line does for Troopers.

I feel that should remain unique to vengeance spec. Mostly because if we were to get something like that then we would 100% have to get rid of the 0 meter leap talent, which imo, is one of the many things that made watchman so strong at launch and even still somewhat today. It's not the ideal dps spec for pvp anymore, but its still the interrupt king. Casting classes just will not cast when watchman sentinels are on them. 6s interrupt, 0 meter leap, stasis, awe...I can completely shut down a healer as a watchman. If you gave me unstoppable from vengeance...That would be pretty broken imo.

Watchman spec needs it's self healing back and its dot damage increased by about 10% (currently, watchman spec is parsing behind concealment spec on the PTS, so watchman spec actually does need buffed for PVE). A +2/4% melee crit chance should be added to bloodlust (annihilation spec). That would increase annihilation's damage by about 5% overall, and annihilation spec would have its self healing back. Edited by TheCourier-

Yeah, watchman definitely needs a buff PVP, and somewhat PVE wise.

I main watchman since 1.2, and it used to be extremely versatile in PvP, but now, it is pointless.

The primary problems with this spec is its lowered survivability, marginal crit chance, and long ramp up time and penalties. Lowering the heals by 1% and changing GBTF was uncalled for, it wasn't as if people were complaining at ether times. Plus, with the crit nerf to the stat and the spec, are heals are a joke now. The changes to expertise and bolstered where one would take more damage is the final nail on the coffin for our "self-heals." Despite numerous requests, Bioware has also never made MS and juyo stacks to decrimate instead of dropping off immediately. Both Combat and Watchman are heavily RNG and short buff based, which pretty much forces us to stick to the target to pull off any dps. For a class with no stuns, this is surprisingly hard to pull off[sarcasm]. Watchman need an overall defense update, and more useful talents instead of heal on hit when saberward is active.

Edited by MrWoolie

Sorry but if you haven't figured out how to play this over powered -in PvP- advanced class the problem is between your keyboard and your chair....

Game play has been dumbed down so much staying on your target is beyond easy and as long as you achieve that your target will melt...You are given easy to manage and easy to figure out when to use CD's and that is pretty much it...

I am talking at above 50 PvP when you are geared min/max and play in a group setting...the build actually needs a nurf not to damage but to mobility BECAUSE roots/snares are off resolve...Unfortunately SWTOR game designers are so bad at PvP balance they NEED CC as a crutch....

Edit: if you want to know if you CAN play this advanced class go find a really good PT Pyro and duel...

Edited by Cempa

Sorry but if you haven't figured out how to play this over powered -in PvP- advanced class the problem is between your keyboard and your chair....

Game play has been dumbed down so much staying on your target is beyond easy and as long as you achieve that your target will melt...You are given easy to manage and easy to figure out when to use CD's and that is pretty much it...

I am talking at above 50 PvP when you are geared min/max and play in a group setting...the build actually needs a nurf not to damage but to mobility BECAUSE roots/snares are off resolve...Unfortunately SWTOR game designers are so bad at PvP balance they NEED CC as a crutch....

Edit: if you want to know if you CAN play this advanced class go find a really good PT Pyro and duel...

Please leave the posting to folks with a clue of what they're talking about.

Seriously, get in line.

Yeah, it absolutely amazes me that a class that has had strong pvp and pve specs actually thinks they need a buff.

Nerfs are what they need, and big ones at that.

Yeah, it absolutely amazes me that a class that has had strong pvp and pve specs actually thinks they need a buff.

Nerfs are what they need, and big ones at that.

Can't deny that watchman is a blatantly underpowered spec, and the other two don't need nerfs considering that other classes/specs are progressively getting buffed.

Personally, I believe people should get away from the idea that every spec should be viable for everything. Watchman is a great PvE spec. Show me the smasher who outperforms a watchman (who knows what he's doing) in a boss fight.

Is it that much to ask of people to use one spec for PvE and another one for PvP?

Personally, I believe people should get away from the idea that every spec should be viable for everything. Watchman is a great PvE spec. Show me the smasher who outperforms a watchman (who knows what he's doing) in a boss fight.

Is it that much to ask of people to use one spec for PvE and another one for PvP?

Smash can outperform watchman is ad heavy encounters.. yes its fluff blahblah :p but still you are correct. Combat and focus are both nice for pvp we might be asking for too much but i think it stems down to how good and fun watchman was at launch which is why people always ask for pvp buffs for the spec.

There is nothing wrong with someone wanting a spec to be viable in any format they play. There is no such thing as a "pve" spec and a "pvp" spec. Every spec has a specific roll and a specific play style. In my case, sentinel has been hands down my favorite class (and I've leveled all 8 to 55) and I've had a sentinel since day one. Watchman has always been my favorite spec and to be honest, ever since the nerf to watchman I enjoyed sentinel less and less as the spec became less viable in pvp.

I hated focus and eventually found enjoyment in combat....up until they redesigned it in 2.0 and made it a proc base class and then I started to hate it. Sentinel is still my favorite class, but its hard to play a class competitively when the two "good" specs are ones I don't find to be very enjoyable. That isn't to say I can't play those specs. I do quite well in both combat and focus, but I still enjoy running watchman the most, but I don't dare take that spec into ranked.

I am well aware of how well watchman does in pve, which is why I said in my previous post that its a difficult thing to buff for pvp. There is a fine line that has to be balanced on to make it viable in pvp without putting it over the line in pve.

Ya know, I really am curious as to what class you play as you seem to complain in every thread about any spec being buffed. I'm going to assume sorcerer as the majority that play that class tend to be terrible at this game.

Why not. As long as they take a good look at madness assassins.

I'm all for madness assassins getting buffed. I dunno about the damage as I never play madness so I dunno how good their damage is, but I know when I do see madness assassins I usually think free kill, and it usually is. They definitely need some talents to increase their survivability.