Luke Skywalker vs Darth Malgus

Beniboybling

ROTJ Luke vs Darth Malgus

Battleground: Dagobah Swamps

ROTJ Luke has his abilities tested by various incarnations of Darth Malgus, how does he fare?

Round 1: Hope Malgus

Round 2: Deceived Malgus

Round 3: False Emperor Malgus

Both characters have full use of their weapons and abilities and are prepared to kill, who wins?

NOTE: Please provide reasoning for you're opinion to spark some argument, no one word answers.

Edited by Beniboybling

Huh? Luke from Return of the Jedi wouldn't be able to deal with Malgus, ***. Maybe he might be able to deal with versions 1 and 2, but False Emperor incarnation would destroy him. Remember that Luke wasn't at his prime during Return of the Jedi, at least if we're taking the EU into account, he wasn't even halfway to his prime. Malgus was definitely at his best as the False Emperor.

Also, didn't Malgus, like, kill 2 Jedi Grandmasters and nearly 3 before he hit his prime? It's no contest.

The only reason Luke beat Vader was because Vader was holding back like a little *****. Malgus will not hold back.

Edited by Joluka

Huh? Luke from Return of the Jedi wouldn't be able to deal with Malgus, ***. Maybe he might be able to deal with versions 1 and 2, but False Emperor incarnation would destroy him. Remember that Luke wasn't at his prime during Return of the Jedi, at least if we're taking the EU into account, he wasn't even halfway to his prime. Malgus was definitely at his best as the False Emperor.

Also, didn't Malgus, like, kill 2 Jedi Grandmasters and nearly 3 before he hit his prime? It's no contest.

RotJ Luke was prime Vader's equal. Vader is firmly above Malgus in every way. Except lightning for obvious reasons.

It would be no different than Luke against Vader. Malgus would overpower non-Jedi Luke but the Force would never let him win. Even if it were possible as with everything it would be part of the overall plan to let Luke reach his potential. Where Malgus isnt in the same league.

RotJ Luke was prime Vader's equal. Vader is firmly above Malgus in every way. Except lightning for obvious reasons.

I do agree that Vader was better than Malgus at everything, but Vader was holding back against his kid. Also, is it in the non-canon novels that Luke was Vader's equal during that encounter? Or did Lucas say it somewhere?

I do agree that Vader was better than Malgus at everything, but Vader was holding back against his kid. Also, is it in the non-canon novels that Luke was Vader's equal during that encounter? Or did Lucas say it somewhere?

Both I think, and Vader wasn't holding back.

For further info: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/rebellion-era-luke-skywalker-respect-thread-1635469/#0/

Darth Malgus soundly.

Darth Vader is better then Darth Malgus at everything? Let's have a talk.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

This is really pathetic by now. You should take that old republic **** out of your mouth.

You are disturbed by the prospect of somebody debating in favor of SWTOR characters? You need to get involved in some healthy activities then.

Whether you acknowledge this or not, I bring balance into these debates. Otherwise, Kit Fisto is beating the best of SWTOR era.

Do you have an official source declaring Darth Vader's superiority over Darth Malgus in direct terms in all aspects? If yes, then provide details. Otherwise, expect your claims to be challenged.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

Your swtor wanking is so transparent, no one is taking you seriously.

I can say the same about your PT wanking. And your reactions tell otherwise.

Darth Vader better then Darth Malgus in all aspects? Very transparent. :rolleyes:

Zolten no one takes this dude seriously so its no point in wasting your time with his non sense.So just ignore him and leave the troll alone.

I am a troll now? Do you even understand the meaning of this word?

From Urban Dictionary: One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board.

Your statement is clearly provocative. In other words, you are trolling here.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

I can say the same about your PT wanking. And your reactions tell otherwise.

Darth Vader better then Darth Malgus in all aspects? Very transparent. :rolleyes:

To be fair he pretty much is, Vader has an accolade that supports him as the best Djem-So user of all time (Malgus being a Djem-So user) and has feats to back it up including slaughtering Jedi Masters during the raid on the Jedi Temple and surviving an ambush of 8 Jedi killing (AFAIK) 5 of them. As far as raw force power goes he's a behemoth, being stated as 80% of Sidious and his command of the force is outstanding, being able to crush an AT-AT with one hand (hinting that he did it casually) and crushing the heart of a Jedi via TK. He's also likely faster, being described by a Jedi as the fasted moving person he'd seen bar Yoda and he has speed blitzed Jedi. Has Malgus got any feats that top Vader's?

Edited by PadsterPwns

To be fair he pretty much is, Vader has an accolade that supports him as the best Djem-So user of all time (Malgus being a Djem-So user)

Can you provide details?

Darth Malgus is a master of Shii-Cho, Soresu, Shien and Juyo dueling techniques. Some may assume that Shien and Djem-So are same but they are different techniques irrespective of being in the Form V category.

and has feats to back it up including slaughtering Jedi Masters during the raid on the Jedi Temple and surviving an ambush of 8 Jedi killing (AFAIK) 5 of them.

Darth Malgus have comparable showing in the Jedi Temple. He killed many Jedi inside the Jedi Temple including a renowned Jedi Master Ven Zallow.

As far as raw force power goes he's a behemoth, being stated as 80% of Sidious

I don't take the 80% remark at face value because it is not recognized in published literature. George Lucas made this remark to explain a point and he used the word "maybe." George Lucas also stated that Darths Vader, Maul and Tyranus are in the same league, you willing to accept?

and his command of the force is outstanding, being able to crush an AT-AT with one hand (hinting that he did it casually) and crushing the heart of a Jedi via TK. He's also likely faster, being described by a Jedi as the fasted moving person he'd seen bar Yoda and he has speed blitzed Jedi. Has Malgus got any feats that top Vader's?

Darth Malgus have superior command of the Dark Side; he had developed (pioneered) formidable powers such as Force Maelstrom. Darth Sidious learned such stuff from his holocron. However, I don't recall Darth Sidious learning stuff from Darth Vader.

Destroying a large military vehicle is impressive but a powerful Force-user should be capable of performing this feat. Satele Shan have destroyed heavier objects with her Force abilities and she is assumed to be inferior to Darth Malgus.

Darth Malgus once destroyed a squadron of Republic Starfighters mid-flight with an expression of his raw power. I don't recall other instances in which he projected his power onto military units in destructive context but he should be logically capable of destroying an AT-AT and others. His battlefield feats are assumed to be unparalleled.

Crushing a bodily organ is not a feat of raw power but precision and focus. Sith Lords tend to hone their talents in the matters of precision and focus; they often construct holocrons and such devices require a great deal of precision and focus to make their construction possible.

As for the speed, Darth Malgus reacted just fine to Aryn Leener who is arguably among the fastest Force-users of the mythos (At her fastest, Aryn Leener had nanosecond (or superior) reaction time and felt that the Universe around her froze in time). Moreover, Darth Malgus outdueled Ven Zallow, a Jedi Master who blitzed two competent Sith Warriors simultaneously on one occasion during the battle of Coruscant.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

Can you provide details?

Darth Malgus is a master of Shii-Cho, Soresu, Shien and Juyo dueling techniques. Some may assume that Shien and Djem-So are same but they are different techniques irrespective of being in the Form V category.

I can't find the quote about Vader being the best Djem-So user of all time, so for now I'll concede that point but I will try and find it in the meantime. While Malgus may be a master of those forms, (also could you provide the source(s) detailing this?), Vader's form is stated to borrow techniques from ALL forms of lightsaber combat and has mastered all forms of lightsaber combat (source Rise of Darth Vader), so Vader has Malgus outmatched as far as lightsaber mastery goes.

Darth Malgus have comparable showing in the Jedi Temple. He killed many Jedi inside the Jedi Temple including a renowned Jedi Master Ven Zallow.

While both stormed the Jedi Temple, Vader did it during the golden era of the Jedi and didn't break a sweat. Malgus faced Ven Zallow? Vader faced Cin Drallig, a master of all 7 forms of lightsaber combat, and his two apprentices and stomped them, dueling Drallig using one hand while choking his apprentice to death. Also remember that while both Vader and Malgus weren't in their primes during their raids, Vader was further from his prime but still stomped any Jedi that crossed him.

I don't take the 80% remark at face value because it is not recognized in published literature. George Lucas made this remark to explain a point and he used the word "maybe." George Lucas also stated that Darths Vader, Maul and Tyranus are in the same league, you willing to accept?

Whether you take that statement at face value or not it still remains that Vader was only 20% less powerful than ROTJ Palpatine. So as far as raw force power goes Vader being 80% (or around that) of Sidious, the most powerful Sith ever, is still > Malgus. Vader also has better power showings through his force screams, being noted to shake the foundations of buildings, ruin rooms and collapse concrete domes, and through his TK.

Darth Malgus have superior command of the Force. He had developed formidable powers such as Force Maelstrom. Darth Sidious learned such stuff from him. However, I don't recall Darth Sidious learning stuff from Darth Vader.

Just because Sidious learnt something from Malgus doesn't mean Malgus > Vader, also is it stated when Sidious learnt from Malgus? Malgus developing doesn't mean he's more skilled in his application, it simply means he created a powerful technique, besides Vader couldn't use Force Maelstrom anyway due to it's involvement of force lightning.

Destroying a military vehicle is impressive but a powerful Force-user should be capable of performing this feat. Satele Shan have destroyed heavier objects and she is assumed to be inferior to Darth Malgus..

While true that a powerful force-user should be able to do this, it is the utter ease in which he did it. He only needed to use one hand to crush an AT-AT, note that crushing something takes far more effort and power than simply TK'ing it. Another demonstration of Vader's sheer power and skill at commanding the force is when Vader collapses numerous platforms in the Kaminoen cloning facility. Has Malgus done anything to show he could crush an AT-AT with ease or replicate Vader's feat on Kamino?

As for the speed, Darth Malgus reacted just fine to Aryn Leener who is arguably among the fastest Force-users of the mythos (At her fastest, Aryn Leener had nanosecond (or superior) reaction time and felt that the Universe around her froze in time). Moreover, Darth Malgus outdueled Ven Zallow, a Jedi Master who blitzed two competent Sith Warriors simultaneously on one occasion during the battle of Coruscant.

Vader killed Roan Lands before Ferus Olin could react, indicating he could have speed blitzed him. This is the same Ferus Olin who managed to temporarily hold of 512 stormtroopers. Ferus Olin also stated that Vader was the fastest person he had ever seen bar Yoda and during his fight with Vader, in which he was enraged and seemingly enhanced by a Sith holocron, Vader was constantly dodging Olin's strikes with the former moving so fast Olin would strike where Vader was but Vader wouldn't be there (sorry if that's a clunky explanation, it's hard to word). In addition, before his prime, Vader has seen spacecraft that travel at sublight speeds in slow motion. Even if this isn't enough to convince you that Vader is a near equal or superior to Leener's speed, it should be enough to convince you that he will either be faster or at least as fast as Malgus.

Overall I think it is obvious that Malgus is dealing with someone who outclasses him as a duelist, who is more powerful in the force, is better at commanding the force and is either as fast or faster than him. I'd say Vader takes this.

Edited by PadsterPwns
False information

As well as this Vader also briefly fought Shaak Ti during the raid, the duel being brief because she fled from him.

Ti never fought against Vader, that was just something made up. There's no source or anything about that and has been actually removed from the Wookiee when it was brought up in question...so yeah, never did fight him.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Ti never fought against Vader, that was just something made up. There's no source or anything about that and has been actually removed from the Wookiee when it was brought up in question...so yeah, never did fight him.

Thanks for telling me, I'll edit my post. It does make me wonder where that false info came from though. Also would you mind giving me any pointers in how I debate? I'd really appreciate it. :)

Edited by PadsterPwns