Why are Humans and Sith really the most popular race and

jediknightmiles

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Team aliens here. I have only two human among over 20 characters (not all at max level). My main is ratattaki and I love her. Almost sad that I do not see many ratattaki around very often.

I do not see any interest in focusing on humans, or on having a lot of customisation options. If it is important for others, fine, I personally do not care and have much more chances to have a unique character by not choosing a human than all the others, then. And not having the average character with the average face and the average hair-do that can be seen in x versions all around is important to me.

As long as I have character that I like, I go for it. And I tend to choose not the prettiest options, I like characters that are flawed and unique. Taking the most common and prettiest options increase the risk of crossing the path of another character that is almost a clone and I hate this.

Except on body type, I stick to 2 and 3, can't use 1 and 4.

Edited by Iheaca

i have a few humans in the line up and a few sith, but i also have quite a few Chiss, Mirialan and Cathar as well.

Admittedly i don't much like Togruta or Mikaluka and its reflected. i also don't have many twi'leks, not because i dislike them, but i just haven't gotten around to ithem yet after all these years.

I've played all races just to see what they're like. One of my mains is a Miraluka JK and I love her; I also have a few Cathar. While admittedly I have a fair few humans, for classes like SW & SI I prefer Zabraks or pureblood Sith, and for IA I like the Chiss. The only race I haven't been able to fully embrace from a playing standpoint is Twi'lek, for some reason, but I do have one (and I like the ones I see in game). I made mine look like a Naga queen from WoW. :p

I rarely play humans.. I find them boring. Stuck with playing one IRL :p

This is a fantasy setting, so I want to play more exotic things. I have every race to at least 50 except Miraluka. (The blind aspect is too creepy for me.) Chiss are my fave, followed by pureblood then twi'lek.

I have played every species except Togruta because I don't have them. How many of my for-keeps characters are human depends a little on if you deem Cyborg as human.

Sage: technically human but RP as Echani

Sorcerer: also technically human but RP as Echani

Sage: Cathar

Shadow: Human

Assassin: Human

Assassin: Rattataki but RP Dathomirian female

Guardian: Miraluka

Juggernaut: red Zabrak

Scoundrel: Cyborg

Operative: Chiss

Commando: Mirialan

Mercenary: Cyborg

So, technically 4 of 12 are human, but two of them are considered Echani and would change species of we had the option.

So i have 46 characters

Human (inc. Cyborg): 17

Sith: 4

Chiss: 6

Cathar: 5

Mirialan: 5

Zabrak (Both): 4

Twi'lek: 2

Togruta: 1

Miraluka: 1

Ratattaki: 1

17 Humans vs. 29 aliens. They might be most populace by single species but overall, they are almost 2x outnumbered by aliens. i still have 2 humans that aren't pinned down yet and i'm hoping for a Ratattaki or another cathar and another Twi'lek if i can free up that space, the 1 miraluka i have isn't pinned down either, i could probably put another mirialan out to complete the Estoba family tree and fill in the last piece of the puzzle for headcanon rp purposes.

Reasons for all the humans in the game:

1. Free-to-play only have humans, cyborgs (really humans), and zabrak to choose from

2. Until species are unlocked only humans, cyborgs, and zabraks are available for all classes

3. You have more cosmetic options for humans than for any other species

Reason for all the Sith purebloods: They are awesome

I think a lot of people roll with humans because they do have the most customization options out of most other species, and Sith Pureblood's look pretty unique and especially fit the Sith. That said I have a bunch of different species, though I don't have that many alts really.

Consular - Human, and Sith Pureblood

Knight - Sith Pureblood

Trooper - Republic Zabrak

Inquisitor - Human, and Rattataki

Warrior - Rattataki, Imperial Zabrak, and Twi'lek

Bounty Hunter - Chiss

For some species (Togruta) I find it hard to make one I like, or other species I've played in the past but have deleted at some point or other.

Bioware please just give hot pink Zeltrons as a playable race already! :p

This would be cool, I agree! :cool:

At the very least, if they can't put in a new species, for the near human species like Zelton and Echani release appearance packs that give you eye, skin, and hair colour options so you could make a human that looks like a Zelton or an Echani.

My only pub-characters are Mirialan-JK and Cathar-consular, so at least I do my best lol. I had a Miraluka-consular, but a problem with Miraluka is the masks. They are so damn hideous. I got rid of the whole character in the end. Someone should add about 10 new rags for them to wear, poor things.

I actually have always had problems to play as a human. It is boring. I get to be a human 24/7, so I tend to be anything else in a game if it is possible. My main is Zabrak, created when I just started playing four years ago. I do have a SW who is actually a Sith.

I think people just like familiarity, and to identify with their character so making human might feel most natural. On the other hand, I self-insert like no ones business no matter what species my character is so what do I know. About BP-Sith being popular...no idea why. They are butt-ugly. Maybe people like that.

Edited by tahol

I have a lot of aliens, but you are right, I have more humans than any other species. As has been mentioned a number of times, it's because humans have a lot more customizations, particularly beards. If they released more good customizations for other species I'd make more. I would also make new alts if they came out with a new species.

Among my 16 characters, I managed to balance them perfectly in species/gender/dark/light:

Jedi Knight - Human/Human

Jedi Consular - Miraluka/Mirialan

Trooper - Zabrak/Cathar

Smuggler - Human/Human

Sith Warrior - Pureblood/Human

Sith Inquisitor - Twi’lek/Togruta

Bounty Hunter - Human/Human

Imperial Agent - Chiss/Human

8 aliens, 8 humans :D

Edited by Joluka

Going to list by base class.

• Sith Inquisitor: 4 Human, 1 Rattataki, 1 Miraluka, 1 Mirialan, 1 Sith Pureblood, 1 Togruta
  • Sith Warrior: 5 human (one was originally Red Zabrak), 1 Rattataki,
  • Bounty Hunter: 1 Chiss, 2 Togruta, 1 Human, 1 Rattataki
  • Imperial Agent: 1 Chiss, 1 Rattataki

• Jedi Consular: 1 Sith Pureblood, 1 Mirialan, 1 Human, 1 Rattataki
  • Jedi Knight: 1 Sith Pureblood, 1 Togruta, 1 Chiss, 1 Mirialan, 1 Miraluka,
  • Trooper: 1 Cyborg, 1 Chiss, 1 Rattataki
  • Smuggler: 1 Twi'lek (originally Mirialan), 1 Red Zabrak, 1 Rattataki

Or

37 Characters:

• 11 Human
  • 7 Rattataki
  • 4 Togruta
  • 4 Chiss
  • 3 Sith Pureblood
  • 3 Mirialan
  • 2 Miraluka
  • 1 Cyborg
  • 1 Twi'lek
  • 1 Red Zabrak

Most of my humans were created in the past 2 years. Mainly because I lucked across some of the new (at the time) hairstyles and eye colors fairly cheap, and instead of just using the image designer, I just made more warriors and inquisitors.

A few of those listed are remnants of the DvL event that haven't met the axe and gotten deleted.

Most of my Republic Characters started out on Taro Blood and my Imperials started on Nathema - merge after merge after merge and now they're all bunched up on SF.

Edited by PorsaLindahl

I play mostly humans just because they have the most options for a unique appearance during creation.

This is the reason most of my characters are human - there are nowhere near as many customisation options for the other species/races. I have no Twi'leks because I generally play as a woman (since I am one) and Twi'lek females are awful (and remind me of Saresh and Vette both of whom I hate).

I play mostly humans just because they have the most options for a unique appearance during creation.

I tried aliens, but always went back to humans for this very reason. Humans have the most variations in appearance of all the races. Which is sad, seeing we are actually humans IRL.

You'd think they would have added more variation to the aliens. I never understood why some of the alien races even have less facial choices. Twi'lek have only half the types of faces available to humans maybe less.

You'd think they would have added more variation to the aliens. I never understood why some of the alien races even have less facial choices. Twi'lek have only half the types of faces available to humans maybe less.

Twilek have actually only 3 different faces, with 4 slight variation for each faces.

"Dark" Zabraks have actually only 7 different skin tones while there are 14 listed. I completely fail to see any difference between the 7 first and the 7 others, each one is actually listed twice, which is kinda stupid, or i have a really bad eyesight.

And there's no yellow which is a bit sad. I'd totally have used yellow on my BH if that was an option