999 GC/RC Ranks, bloody Insane.

MandFlurry

Finally someone is saying what i've wanted since it first came out, the removal of RC from the game. F2P'ers have been pushed to the margins, a lot of people left over that POS system brought in by Ben Irving. I'm still very much in favor of seeing it completely removed.

Nothing else in SWTOR is more deserving of it and it is the only thing that is wrong with the game.

Edited by Celise

Finally someone is saying what i've wanted since it first came out, the removal of RC from the game. F2P'ers have been pushed to the margins, a lot of people left over that POS system brought in by Ben Irving. I'm still very much in favor of seeing it completely removed.

Nothing else in SWTOR is more deserving of it and it is the only thing that is wrong with the game.

It is very nice supplementary rewarding system and with the spoils of war loot possibilities there is absolutely no reason to remove it. Loot will be dropping from bosses, it's available from vendors and can be crafted. For those who mainly do story and some random roaming around doing heroics and the like it is also pretty important part of the gearing. For those that do other content a lot with boss kills (getting loot as drops), it is not needed for gearing at all, it is just extra things you get once in a while.

I have loved GC ever since it came out, it is so nice to get boxes that have gear and other items. I can understand it was frustrating for some when it was main way to get gear but now it is not. I would be really disappointed if they would remove it.

For the OP, it does not matter how many ranks there is on GR, you can get same quality loot from rank 1 boxes than rank 999 boxes. Number is just there for show off, nothing else.

It's in their post on their website.

Pretty much everyone didn't want GC,when they announcned it. But now it isn't hard to level to 300 and game is so easy, that BIS gear isn't really important. Sure if you do those nightmare/master mode ops that need top gear..then you gonna grind for that top gear on Ossus. But everything else for pve is super super super easy.

What i would like to know,is if there has been any word on what will happen with Command Crates and Command Packs. Let's say you / I have 100 of those in my inventory on a toon. Will I keep them come 6.0 or will they be destroyed, just vanish or what? So uqestion is....use them before 6.0 or what?

Wait, where are you getting 999 from? GR is live now?

Here, in the Supplementary Systems section: https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20190603-0

This is just Insane, you should just destroy GC once and for all. I know about "Play your way", but there is never any reason for this!!!

I think you should listen to the OP in this thread:

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=964581

Ohhhh, wait. Isn't that your own topic?

Sorry to be sarcastic, but it was a little funny. While you are not tecnically spreading a lie and the info about 999 ranks is not from the stream.... this is too close as just the title may cause panic over something that is trivial. The stream is clear that RC will not have tiers. The cap is just a number, something that may include achievments or simple for personal goal or way to keep count. There is nothing insane about it as there is no gearing requirement to get all those ranks.

Oh no, the completely meaningless number has too high of a limit...

IDK, l'm quite certain I would be well above CR 999 on my mains if CR weren't capped. 999 seems actually pretty low when that's the max number of renown crates a char can ever get, or when the renown gain is so slow, that BW doesn't expect us to get to 999 before 7.0 hits in a year or three.

Only 999 GC/RC ranks? bloody Insane! ;)

Edited by Mubrak

This is just Insane, you should just destroy GC once and for all. I know about "Play your way", but there is never any reason for this!!!

Hey

Other then "This is just Insane" - what exactly is your issue with this?

I for one like to level up. So I'm glad we can do that practically indefinitely.

Is the fact that you're getting levels and rewards so much of a bother to you? I really don't get it...

Peter