Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Set Arrival Point Modules Added to Strongholds!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Set Arrival Point Modules Added to Strongholds!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AscendingSky
07.16.2019 , 03:59 PM | #1
I discovered something today that wasn't in the patch notes. Set Arrival Point clicky modules (the same ones that were introduced with the Rishi SH) have been added to most (if not all) of the other strongholds. So far it looks like there have been two added per stronghold.

Nar Shaddaa - One at the standard entry point, one on the side of the middle balcony in the Solarium.
Yavin - One at the landing pad in front of the temple, one at the far end of the bridge.
Tatooine - One on the cliffside balcony, one by the duneside exterior landing pad.
Coruscant/DK - One by the elevator, one on the raised section of the balcony.
Manaan - One by the elevator door on the Rooftop Garden level, and one off to the side by a window on the Underwater Observatory level. NOTE: I have not found a clicky near the current Manaan spawn point. This makes me concerned that if you change your spawn point to one of the other clickies, you cannot reset yourself back to the current default spawn point.

I do not have the Umbara train SH so I cannot check it for added clickies.

Please note that while the addition of these Set Arrival Point terminals is certainly a good thing, the fact this functionality was not mentioned in the patch notes is very problematic. There may well be other Set Arrival Point modules in the strongholds I have not found because I don't know where to look, they are covered by large decorations, and no icons for them show up on the minimap so there is no way to know where they are. I would very much appreciate a yellow post on the subject outlining where all of these are, as well as an addition to the current patch notes so those players who do not read the forums will also be made aware that these modules exist.
#FixConquest
"RNG is EXCITING!!!!!!" -- Ben Irving, Former SWTOR Lead Producer
Vote With Your Wallet - Boycott Cartel Packs!

KTap
07.16.2019 , 05:55 PM | #2
Thanks for the heads up! I had no idea these were a thing

Another thing to note, at least on Nar Shaddaa, when you die/jump off/whatever, you spawn at the original arrival point, even if you have the other one selected.
Lord Veijel

AscendingSky
07.18.2019 , 01:43 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by KTap View Post
Thanks for the heads up! I had no idea these were a thing

Another thing to note, at least on Nar Shaddaa, when you die/jump off/whatever, you spawn at the original arrival point, even if you have the other one selected.
Good catch! And yeah, no one seems to know these are a thing, and there's still been no yellow posts about it, or any additions to the patch notes about it.
#FixConquest
"RNG is EXCITING!!!!!!" -- Ben Irving, Former SWTOR Lead Producer
Vote With Your Wallet - Boycott Cartel Packs!

EricMusco
07.18.2019 , 02:44 PM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey!

Good catch, yeah that is on me, it was missed in the patch notes (I will get it added). Arrival points have been added to all Strongholds. There is one known issue in that the "default" Manaan point is not currently in, so if you change it off of default you will not be able to change it back. That will be fixed in a future release.

Thanks.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

ceryxp
07.18.2019 , 02:46 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey!

Good catch, yeah that is on me, it was missed in the patch notes (I will get it added). Arrival points have been added to all Strongholds. There is one known issue in that the "default" Manaan point is not currently in, so if you change it off of default you will not be able to change it back. That will be fixed in a future release.

Thanks.

-eric
It should be noted that the Rishi arrival points are broken, too.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

Rion_Starkiller
07.18.2019 , 02:54 PM | #6
dammit another ninja buff :P
-Beruhl, Pre-Complainer-in-Chief
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Lies have been corrected.

Xo-Lara
07.18.2019 , 06:50 PM | #7
Hey!

Thanks.

-eric
That's great to hear! I mean the new arrival points not the bugs.
If you like my stronghold threads such as this and this, please consider using my referral link. It will reward us both. Or you could post your support for one of my threads.
{Ξ(Θ)!!██████████████████

Kaveat
07.18.2019 , 07:36 PM | #8
Additional fixed landing points is a good start, but... I would rather have a 'welcome mat' deco (akin to the fallout 4 settlement item) that I can place as I choose for a default zone-in location
[end of line]
I have never 'suffered' from insanity... I always enjoy every minute of it!
No [Big Red Button] to push? OK, fine, you can click this one instead: [Referal Button]

CrazyVav
07.19.2019 , 10:46 AM | #9
I have just tried to set a different arrival point in my Yavin stronghold and neither of them are being saved. I still load back to the original spawn point.

Fixed: A logout seems to fix a lot of things

Xina_LA
07.19.2019 , 02:06 PM | #10
Hey!

Please ask them to add an arrival or travel point to the landing pad of the Nar Shaddaa stronghold?
We've been begging for a non-randomly-fatal way to reach that area for years.
This seems like a perfect time to add it?
Thanks!
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--