Esseles Crash

I have just run through the Esseles solo as a level 13 smuggler (scoundrel) on an alt. After coming back from the Imperial ship you have to go to the Bridge and speak to First officer Harken. Asara is alive and knows about Harken.

After initiating the conversation with Harken, the cinematic for the ship leaving and entering hyperspace plays. After that, SWToR crashes and I'm back to desktop.

Was wondering if anyone else is having issues.

I'm running windows 7 pro 64bit on a decent stable machine. 32GB memory, 2500k, nVidia 580, with SSD.

This has been around since last fall. October or November, I think. Can't remember exactly what crash broke it, but there has been numerous posts about it since then. Theres another flashpoint with the same issue, opening cutscene of The Foundry. BioWare is aware of the issue, but seems they haven't found a solution yet.

^^ This works every time. Just make sure you switch to standard Fullscreen if you're using Fullscreen (Windowed).

This.

Just minimize and listen for the hyperdrive to activate then come out of warp or whatever, then alt tab back in

I have to set the game to windowed mode, low settings, and minimize it to prevent the crash. In Esseles, Black Talon, and now even the beginning of....is it Foundry or Boarding Party that has the hyperspace jump at the start? But yes...common problem, and I cannot believe it hasn't been fixed yet, since it worked perfectly fine when the game launched.

When I am alt-tabbed out of the game I can't hear the game sounds, so I can't listen for anything and have to guess when to come back in. Also it doesn't always crash at exactly the same point for me. I have had it crash as soon as I start the conversation. Rather annoying.

Luckily I was able to run Foundry HM with some guild-mates who were prepared to be patient and help me through it. If I had to rely on GF I don't think I would ever have got HK-51. They really need to fix this. Having this bug in a flashpoint you have to do to get the HK droid is just not on.

• 1 month later...
I have to set the game to windowed mode, low settings, and minimize it to prevent the crash. In Esseles, Black Talon, and now even the beginning of....is it Foundry or Boarding Party that has the hyperspace jump at the start? But yes...common problem, and I cannot believe it hasn't been fixed yet, since it worked perfectly fine when the game launched.

I don't know about that, this problem had happened since the beta AND at launch. I quit in Feb of 2012 and just recently came back last month to try out the changes/expansion. I started a new Alt and Ran Esseles and this happend and I thought "Wow, this is STILL happening?" Maybe they fixed it for a while and it broke again...but it DEFINITELY didn't work at launch, and wasn't working and being reported by beta testers, myself included back in July of 2011.

• 7 months later...