Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

JovethGonzalez

We had a pretty epic battle going on in Ilum today, I can see what the intent was and it was fun, the camping.... the farming the other faction for valor??? yeah, not so much.

I tend to agree with, you should have immediately suspended Ilum as soon as the problem was noted.

Now I don't think that people are farming turrets like some others are claiming, they have been proven to not give valor, but faction balance is broken and your giving too much valor. Immediately suspend Ilum. Shut. It. Down. There are a ton of suggestions in this thread, read them, digest them, implement at least some of them!!!

I queue'd up for a WZ earlier, I am republic. I get into this new and nifty idea for WZ's that you had, lvl 50 only. Well here's the problem, I have roughly 350 expertise, almost all of my gear is champ except for two pieces of centurian. I couldn't even poke my head out, I was insta killed. They had four operatives, all over 18k health, two sorcerers, both over 17k health, a juggernaut over 20k health, I didn't get to see the bounty hunters, but I'm sure it was just as ridiculous. To me that means that our group with me having the most expertise, went up against EIGHT IMPERIALS WHO WERE BATTLEMASTER. How is this balanced? I don't believe we even got one kill.

Maybe adding in a ranking system, and playing people closer to your rank might make the game more challenging interesting, but right now it's completely broken. They just completely facerolled us and we never had a chance.

I'll run some more WZ tonight and see if it gets any better, if not, guess I subbed into a PVE only game.

*sigh*

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They showed a disturbing lack of foresight in allowing these changes to go live. They may be in over their heads in trying to balance a game system as large and complex as an MMO. Their total lack of communication over the course of the day is also really troubling. This is a bad day for all of us.

I would say it is more a shocking lack of foresight.

Respawn Camp Camping has been a known issue for the entire decade, yet BW had no clue this could happen????

The decisions and the attention to quality are shockingly poor.

BioWare.....

PvP – We have an entire team dedicated to adding content and features to player vs. player. We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this team. So far very few people have seen, or know much about the stunning Open World PVP on Ilum; when you get to the high levels prepare to be blown away!

As a Republic player today i sure got blown away...

Edited by Lord_Karsk

I really need to know if there is going to be a rollback. I don't want to play my character and make gains only to find out that all those gains will be wiped out.

There wont be. If it ever crossed their mind to do a rollback Im sure they would have done it right away to reduce the backlash.

When I look at that picture I think, "There might be a potential problem" there, but I can;t quite put my finger on it. We don't want to rush to judgement, what if there really isn;t a problem?

I wish people would stop posting that. They said that they were looking into it with decidedly poor wording. I'm pretty sure they KNOW there's an issue by now.

I really need to know if there is going to be a rollback. I don't want to play my character and make gains only to find out that all those gains will be wiped out.

You can't be serious. You're asking if you should continue spawnkilling a totaly overhelmed faction on Ilum to powerlevel your PvP rank ?

Well my guild just announced they will be quitting and going back to WoW if this isn't reverted. That's 250 Republic on a server that probably couldn't live without us. I'm one of the few people staying regardless, but I will be rolling Empire if this isn't rolled back.

No point dealing with this when there are more Battlemasters on Empire than there are players on Republic. If you can't beat 'em, might as well join 'em.

BioWare.....

As a Republic player today i sure got blown away...

PvP – We have an entire team dedicated to adding content and features to player vs. player. We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this team. So far very few people have seen, or know much about the stunning Open World PVP on Ilum; when you get to the high levels prepare to be blown away!

And "blown away" is exactly what's happening to the republic right now.