Taris Bonus Series Can Become Non-Completable

Kryptonomic

It is possible to run across a guy named Engineer Ferron near Camp Lytle on Taris. You can run into this guy before you do the Taris Bonus Series. If you do his quest, you can complete it. However, it appears that his quest is part of the Bonus Series.

If you have done his quest prior to getting the bonus series -- and there is no indication that you should not -- then you will find that you cannot complete the bonus series at all. What happens is that you are directed to talk to him but you no longer can. And since you can't, you can no longer get his quest (since you already did it). Thus is the bonus series stopped in its tracks.

This is yet another of the many, many bugs I have found that have to do with quest givers giving quests based on level. The problem is that your level is now very easy to get very high, thus quests you probably shouldn't see yet do, in fact, appear. These quests should be gated based on whether you are doing the bonus series, not on your level.

Edited by JeffNyman

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same problem with Empire-side Nar Shaddaa bonus series. Except in my case I'd done most of it before KotFE launched, but once early access started my progress int he main bonus series quest was reset yet I could no longer access the quests needed to progress it. So the drugs are bad lady next to Captain Something shows as my target on the minimap but I can't talk to her. Resetting the quest and logging on and off didn't help. Edited by imissleeches

Same problem here, I did Missing Link for Mola Haxtor before speaking to Vealo. Spoke to Vealo afterwards, he sends me to Mola to do Missing Link, she only thanks me for completing Missing Link earlier. End result, can no longer complete the Taris Bonus series.

• 2 weeks later...

Just ran into this issue myself. Second bonus series that i have run into that's bugged and impossible to complete.

Seek and Destroy on Voss has similar issues since the waypoint takes you to a non interactive Terminal.

Edited by TwwIX

Same problem with completing the quest to set generators properly for Engineer Ferron in Camp Lytle before doing the bonus quest series. I later picked up and followed the bonus series through the power plant, saved the Jedi, let the cron stay and teach . . .

Ended up with a map marker to go to Engineer Ferron but he is not responsive. tried to reset and now it shows in grey that I need need to revisit Mola Haxtor, and she just gives me the "It must be hard . . ." speech.

Edited by katanaacredus
Poor word order.

Same problem with completing the quest to set generators properly for Engineer Ferron in Camp Lytle before doing the bonus quest series. I later picked up and followed the bonus series through the power plant, saved the Jedi, let the cron stay and teach . . .

Ended up with a map marker to go to Engineer Ferron but he is not responsive. tried to reset and now it shows in grey that I need need to revisit Mola Haxtor, and she just gives me the "It must be hard . . ." speech.

Have exactly same problem with my Shadow Jedi Consular D'qmzontena on The Red Eclipse server

Screenshot of this

UPD so my ticket is answered. Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human-Cyborg Relations answered me:

We are sorry that you have encountered an issue with your mission, however please be advised that we currently only offer support for class story missions.

If your mission is located within a story area or flashpoint, please try leaving the phase by either:

• Walking out of the Phased Zone via the Portal Entrance (Green Gate)

• Reset the Phase by right clicking on your portrait and selecting reset phase /reset local phase.

• Using your Quick Travel ability to a Bind Point.

• Using your Emergency Fleet Pass.

If this does not help fix your mission problem, or the mission is not located within a story phase or flashpoint, please try resetting the mission and then attempting it again.

And ticket is closed. Seems the only way is to wait for the patches :mad:

Edited by Defrago
Ticket answered

Same problem here.... :'(

I did not even bother to open a ticket, you see the last time I waited 2 weeks and still no answers to my tickets...

Frist bug on Rishi and now on Taris... BW do something as quickly as you can!!!!

I love this game but is not acceptable to wait so many time for a fix, OHH Yes and of corse my sub day are ticking...

Well I've just read a previous reply...

We are sorry that you have encountered an issue with your mission, however please be advised that we currently only offer support for class story missions.

If your mission is located within a story area or flashpoint, please try leaving the phase by either:

• Walking out of the Phased Zone via the Portal Entrance (Green Gate)

• Reset the Phase by right clicking on your portrait and selecting reset phase /reset local phase.

• Using your Quick Travel ability to a Bind Point.

• Using your Emergency Fleet Pass.

If this does not help fix your mission problem, or the mission is not located within a story phase or flashpoint, please try resetting the mission and then attempting it again.

OK! And what happens when I can't do the mission because I've already finished the mission what I had to finish to continue the Bonus mission?

I leveling a new character because there was another bug on Rishi before the previous patch and I had to begin a new character (with the old one I finished the KotFE Chapter 9 so I was unable to go back and finish it). I REALLY hope they fix this bug quickly.

Bumping to ensure this thread is kept alive and not forgotten. I ran into the same issue and found out on my own that I had completed some missions before starting the bonus series, which has messed the whole chain up.

And it doesn't help that the support system has so far proven completely useless. Either they autoreply with something that makes no sense (WHY would you only help with class story mission? Everything in the game is your work, and these are your bugs!), they reply super late, or if you have the idea of calling their support line because you're tired of mail-based support system, the people they have aren't trained to do much.

I looked up the issue on the forums and I saw tons of threads on something really similar to this as far back as 2012... I don't know if it's the exact same issue but if it is then that's beyond sad.

if I was playing WoW, a GM could just reset my quests and I could start again with the knowledge in mind not to do quests before they're available in the chain ever if they show up. How hard would that be to do, Bioware?

Edited by DreamShot

Another patch and still no bug fix!!!

Come on... Another bug was on Rishi 2 weaks ago some kind like this: class mission bug. I had to create another character because I couldn't finish it coz this s****d idea which I can't go back and finish non relevant mission after KotFE. Now I'm playing with my new character and THERE IS ANOTHER BUG.... do I really have to stop playing this game????

Also having this problem and it is driving me crazy. Just want to finish the quest so I can continue on with the game. As OCD as I am I don't even want to play until I can finish the series. Guess I will give ESO a try in the mean time.

Sam problem encountered 12 Dec. Submitted a ticket. Same response. This needs to be fixed. We pay (as subs) for all missions, not just the ones they care to let us play.

If not fixed I guess the response in voting with my wallet and buy the unlocks I need and unsub.

Totally ridiculous response from CS.

They should at least come here and acknowledge that a fix will be on the way soon... Again, from what it seems to me looking on the forums the issues has been around since virtually the game's launch, but I cant be sure if those complaints are for a different bug.

• 3 weeks later...

I just bumped into this same bug. Cannot interact with Engineer Ferron because I've already done his quest a long time ago when I was first on the planett, thus my Bonus Series on Taris is broken.

He shows up on the minimap as a quest point but there is no marker above his head.

Edited by ErrEff

The planet bonus series is bugged for me on:

Taris

Nar Shaddaa

Tatooine

Alderaan

These I have attempted with characters that only did the class quests on the above planets, I have not tried others but i'd bet that they are broken as well.

Way to go BW, you've surpassed your incompetence into complete uselessness.

I've run into that problem on Taris too, I accidentally did "Suicide Mission" before the Bonus Series told me to, and it wouldn't update after i completed the mission prior, "Future Threat". I reset the Bonus Series, and now it's stuck waiting to update past the mission with Mola Haxtor. What's weird is that before patch 4.0 I did a lot of the quests attached to the Belsavis Bonus Series, and when I finally got those quests, it updated all the way to a mission I hadn't done then, so what I wanna know is how come they hadn't kept that during the time they added patch 4.0?