Adjustment of Flashpoints

AmiHale

So there have been two things that have always driven me nuts about flashpoints for leveling and a bad group today has driven me to ask for them to be adjusted.

1) Consuming Darkness in Athiss and Red Reaper completely destroying anyone under level 60 even if they manage to get to a kolto quickly in Veteran Mode.

2) The Medcenter for Athiss, Red Reaper, and other flashpoints not being anywhere close to the last boss room and often making it impossible for anyone who died during the last boss to collect their loot when the other group members are unable to revive them or refuse to.

Yes, I know that these have been this way for a long time, but with all the adjustments and patches we've been having, it'd be nice to have these adjusted so that players have an easier time leveling. I know that you can ask for your loot if you are a subscriber and can make a report, but at times this doesn't work and you are given the wrong loot as has happened to me.

Please adjust things so that new and old players can get ready for the new content easier.

Players ought to wait until everyone is revived before looting, but I find more often than not pugs just want to get through as quickly as possible. I don't think there's an easy way to "engineer" good considerate player behavior, and the med centers for flashpoints are pretty standardized in that they are usually right after the previous boss. That being said, its sub-70 loot, and it sucks that CS gave you the wrong loot, but in the time it takes a person to type the ticket and wait 2 days for a response they've probably out-leveled that loot anyway.

As to your first point, I can imagine it is a little frustrating. Bolster can only do so much, and ten-to-twenty levels of active and passive abilities can definitely affect survivability, especially for a pugged tactical flashpoint where there may not be a healer. Adding another five levels when 6.0 Onslaught comes out won't help the situation. I think the best solution is to level up.

yeah that dot is meant to be cleansed but the way groups are now kinda ****s it up since you can get 4 people that don't even have any self cleanse

You do have a lot of dps classes that have off-heals, and can cleanse others. It's rare not to have at least one in a group of 4 dps. The problem is most of them won't use it on anyone but themselves.

I'll cleanse others when I'm on a class that has cleanse, but most players now either don't know what their cleanse or just don't want to bother using it since it's no concern of theirs if a teammate dies (an indirect quote, heard more than once when I've been running with a dps with cleanse who refuses to use them on others).

Yep.

And Nathema and Copero are already supposed to be closed, but they aren't and they are doable as I've done them with 2 70s, a lvl 50 comp, and a lvl 20, but it was still annoying.

And we had a group with no self heals, no classes that could rez repeatedly, and a lvl 20 who just would not stop dying. This is getting more and more common lately with lots of new people coming in, people returning, and so on and so forth and groups often consisting of level 20s, a level 50 or two, and maybe a 70. Those take forever especially with how careful you have to be with how you have to wait 15mins between each rez. I can understand maybe 5mins, but 15mins just got ridiculous. And spaces between some boss rooms are really long so that doesn't help especially if a stealther has to run back and help the dead back through the skipped groups.

I just really would like this adjusted some so that stuff that has to be cleansed doesn't one shot people anymore and that the timer on the rez for dps/tank classes is just a bit shorter. Hoping for dps/heal classes is a bit much on some days. :/

The medcenters for a lot of flashpoints also don't have a medcenter in the last boss room when it dies and instead sends people back to the very beginning of the flashpoint instead of the last medcenter which is tedious. :/

I personally think the flash points are just too difficult. Perhaps making them less than veteran status? Reduce the hp and damage out put of the mobs. What is up with the god like bot things in Cademium (sorry about misspelling)? Really? Lots of people quit as soon as they enter. Perhaps, make a "novice" version of these flash points for levels 15 to 69. Let low levels get use to being in a group, and running flash points. It's extremely frustrating to spend four hours in a flash point just to try and kill a boss. Most people quit after two tries. Personally, I like mechanics, and don't mind a challenge. But I also don't want the impossible flash point either. From twenty two flash points, I've filtered down to fifteen as i deem them not worth even attempting. This is just a suggestion, and I hope the devs take a serious look at these flash point difficulties.

There is a lesser version of all flashpoints except Hammer Station, Lost Island, Kaon Under Siege, and I think a couple others. They're story modes only available if you are high enough level from the solo window. You can gather groups to do them or do them on your own to see the mechanics. All I really want is certain abilities nerfed like Crushing Darkness and the medcenters fixed. And quitting after a couple wipes is the typical and the leaving before you even try is annoying as well, but there's always plenty of other groups.