Rate the storyline so far(No spoilers!)

Stradlin

Jedi Knight was boring me . It's super cliche of a story and my companion are even more boring and goodie to shoes. Also there's so many Jedi Knight running around .. I felt just like 'another' running errand in my bathrobe.

Sith Warrior is awesome and will be my main . At least he look like a warrior and my companions are just super awesome.

Bounty Hunter act 2 .. that when i flushed it .. Repeat. Another 'hit list' .. Boring. Being a merc sound fun but you're just in the end another thug

Imperial agent bored me also. The cell terrorist thing get old very quickly. Having to support Kaliro for almost 30 level turned me mad. She's the most annoying companions ever.

Also Yes it's easy to lose immersion when you stack 75 quest and try to do all of them in 1 run . It's easy to lose the track of what you're doing. Yo uend up wondering what they're talking about because you were doing another pack of 15 quest before continuing this one.

So sometime I just do 1 quest at a time so I am completely immersed.

Also sometime it feel like a 'race' . Like everyone is racing everyone . It get on my nerve

Edited by FichutheDude

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imperial Agent (To the end of Act 3) -> (10/10)

Very good. Very, very, very good. Excellent story with the twists and turns you would but wouldn't expect. Creates a feeling that fits so well in the Star Wars universe but has yet to be really explored. If you want a good story, this is the class for you. It goes from good to great in the ending of Act 1, and keeps being very strong after. I'd find it hard to believe a person really didn't at least like the story after playing it.

Jedi Knight (To the end of Act 3) -> (7.5/10)

The Jedi knight is about... wait for it: Saving the Galaxy. Who would have thought? Its very straightforward, but with some nice touches throughout and plot twists that are unique enough to make it an original experience in itself. Most every planet offers its own possible destruction. The most impressive part of the story is that it has you save people and planets so much, but effectively raises the stakes as it goes along. But by the end of Act 3, I doubt there's much more room to go up with the stakes. It will be interesting how they add onto the story in the future.

Sith Warrior (Halfway through Act 1) -> (-n/a-/10)

Not far enough in to give this a reasonable score. Its interesting so far. Slow at the point. But i hear it picks up soon .

Jedi Knight-8.5/10

Chapter 1 wasn't very good, but the end of chapter 2 is simply amazing and chapter 3 is epic (saving planet after planet from destruction, and the showdown with the big baddie)

Sith Warrior-8/10

Chapter 1 is amazing, especially the end. Chapter 2 was meh, not that interesting, just go kill some random dudes. Chapter 3 is great and has a nice twist (although it was foreseeable, the way in which it happened was interesting)

Also, Vette >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> every NPC in the game.

Edited by Romick

right

Jedi Consular 8/10(story complete apart from illum does that count?)

Trooper off ord mantell(only level 11) 2/10

Jedi knight (till near end of coruscant) 6/10

Inquisitor(level 14)-4/10

my duel was stolen from me, from what i've heard that happens during the entire story

smuggler off ord(7/10)

BH off Hutta(8/10)

most of these scores are based off barely making it off the starter planet.

Trooper finished Act 3 9/10

Well constructed story, felt like a special forces commando. The chapter finish missions were spectacular each time.

Bad guys were believable and Havoc squad is a group of awesome.

Sith Warrior deep in Act 1 9/10

Love it, great story, feel evil with dark side choices. Comps so far are enjoyable.

Sith Warrior

8.3/10

=======

Act One was definitely 10/10 or even 11/10 because it kept me guessing

Act Two.....7/10<---At least it ends rather quickly

Act Three.....(ending Voss right now) but lets be honest, I don't even care anymore so 5/10.

^All I want to do is go back to Nar Shadaa and look at the lights: that is how compelling the story is in Act 3

Sith Warrior 9/10 - lvl 50

Imperial Agent 8/10 - lvl 30

Smuggler/Gunslinger 2/10 - I just got my ship

So far running errands for loosers literally from one end map to the other one. Corruption and incompetence everywhere makes me want to shoot myself or deflect to Empire... wait, I can't...

Now I'd rather play Sith Warrior again from start than continue this one... it is a pity, because I was really looking forward playing Gunslinger.

If you think that Nar Shaddaa is bad than you do not want to go to Coruscant...

I wanted to also try Jedi Consular/Shadow, but I do not see how I can volunteerly go to Coruscant again.

Sith Inquisitor, lv 50, all done

7/10

Act one is somewhat dragged out, the ending is interesting though, then you get a few very fascinating things lorewise but it ultimately fails really building up to the last fight. As far as the fllowup story goes though which will come ventually, this is a pretty good setup.

Sith Warrior, lv 50, all done

9/10

It is a slow story that steadily builds anticipation towards the final showdown, there were a few twists to the story, one in particular was to be expected at some point but still really pissed many SW off (due to limited options on how to handle the situation), I especially liked the companion roles in the story though and the ending made my char appear to be absolutely awesome and on top of the world.

Bounty Hunter, lv 21, still on Balmorra bonus series

2/10

So far I'm chasing a guy I barely know for killing someone else I barely knew... Makos Companion quest is actually more interesting then the main story so far.

39 inquisitor, I'd rate Act 1 10/10 simply for dat finale. Act 2 is 8/10, but it's picking up again.

I think you need to like the 'search the galaxy for artefacts' thing in order to really enjoy it.

mm ;) worked out for me so far :) 41-soon 42,my goal now is..Belsavis/Voss. Will see how it goes after that ^^

Sith Warrior 9/10 - lvl 50

If you think that Nar Shaddaa is bad than you do not want to go to Coruscant...

I wanted to also try Jedi Consular/Shadow, but I do not see how I can volunteerly go to Coruscant again.

Nah, Nar Shadaa is good. It looks cool, even if the storyline there for SW sucked.

Coruscant, already been there, and the whole planet pales in comparison to Nar Shadaa's giant golden turd statue.

But meh, I hate Dromund Kaas more than Coruscant.

Jedi Consular story is too uninteresting for me to play, sorta like sith inquistor (though I think it has cooler abilities in comparison). Tython is an un-ending lack of boredom and by the time you finish the prologue there you'll probably feel like "wt f even Jedi Knight story is better"

• 6 months later...

i agree that the 2nd part is not as good for the inquis as the 1st, but i love the storyline, the end is amazing, very darkish, and i suppose starwarsy, it feels SI stays true to hes character / story.

i like SI so much, that i have 50 caster, and 2x 45 assassins on 2 different servers,

otherwise i ´have a lvl 35 BH and a 20 warr, so its hard for me to compare, because of my big love for SI :3

id give inq a 9/10, act 2 could be better

and BH so far as 35, 6/10

warr so far as 20 seems preaty good, might be a 7/10..

I can't put a numerical value to the stories that I have played, but both my lvl 50 JK and my lvl 50 Smuggler have been so great and fun to play. Appreciated that there was a very different feel to the stories, that my characters were so different.

My new little alt, a SW is currently in Chapter 1 and it is really good as well.

• 3 months later...
i agree that the 2nd part is not as good for the inquis as the 1st, but i love the storyline, the end is amazing, very darkish, and i suppose starwarsy, it feels SI stays true to hes character / story.

Some sort of Spoilers about Jedi Knight/Sith Inq story below.

I have a huge issue how TOR's stories are almost always about suitcases, not about people and character development. You are always off to planet Herp to secure either Imperial Superweapon or Ancient Mystery Cube. You do this ad nausea.

Sith Empire is holding a dangerous proto type weapon. We must either seize or destroy it!

HOW MANY TIMES is this structure repeated during Jedi Knight story?? Seriously. It stopped being fun long ago.

Sith Inq suffers from same BS, just replace super weapon with Ancient Mystery Cube.

Sometimes there is brief blib of light in form of something interesting happening between you and your companion. These never last long or keep you occupied for relevant lengths of time tho.

Sith War story really stands out in this regard. It gives proper emphasis to PEOPLE, as opposed to mystery cubes or weapons.

Edited by Stradlin

Sith Inquisitor = 9

Finished

I think the interaction with the companions (Ship's intercom!) and a true look into Sith culture (along with the finale, which was amazing) won this over as the best of the four I have done. If you don't like Chapter 1, keep going, it gets better! NPCs were very interesting. The building of a powerbase like a true Sith politician is priceless!

Jedi Knight = 8

Finished

Everything you could expect from a Jedi Knight. Epic (and sometimes exaggerated) plots with twists and turns. Nothing SUPER special, but nothing glaringly wrong. Some nice little details in there that really get me thinking about the SW universe. True Jedi fans will not be disappointed!

Smuggler = 7

Finished

One mission made the whole storyline worth it. Won't spoil it, but you'll know it when you do it. Pretty good with the underworld part of it, not too fond of 2nd chapter, but not bad. End was good! Good interaction between your character and NPCs. I love how characters that you met before come back later!

Sith Warrior = 6

Finished

The obsession with your master gets old. True, you're a BA, but still. Bigger and better things could have been done, IMO. But then again, people come back to help/hurt you, which is always nice. I like to see the consequences of your actions, and the SW story has a lot of that. One thing I will say, Quinn = best companion ever! XD

Edited by Warren-Stride

Sith inquisitor lvl 50 finished story 8.5/10

Was my first toon. Story is great, especially for act 1. Act 2 is boring and will only get you to act 3.

Act 3 is great cuz you get to kick the nuts of a self entitled sith lord

The story is all about power play and learning the misteries of the dark side. If you are the sidious type, go for it.

Play dark side for best experience. I played female and enjoyed it. I think the SI story fits a female dark side.

Act 1: 9.5/10

Act 2: 7/10

Act 3: 8.75/10

Sith Warrior lvl 50 story is finished 8.75/10

2nd toon. (Actually I rolled 2 SW, still have to finish the 2nd one)

Great story. It is very different from the SI. Your master is more of the SI type and will manipulate you throughout the game. You are super powerful and sort of a brute.

Played dark side and it was great. Played male on lvl 50 and female on the other one. If you want to romance your companions, male is the best by far.

I have been told that light side is cool as well but im sure that for swtor, it is best to stick with your faction alignment (at least for jedi/sith)

Act 1: 8.75/10

Act 2: 8/10

Act 3: 9/10

I would say it is a little better than SI but it depends on your preferences.

Jedi knight lvl 50 finished act 3. 9.75

I think the best story so far. Very heroic. Took me 4 days to complete the quests. Act 1 is a little boring, but it has the best Act 2 and Act 3. Basically this is KOTOR 3 (with less choices and less profound).

I played female because I cant stand the male voice. Female would be even better if we have same sex relationship. I want to kiss Kira :(.

Play light side for best experience

The ending is epic.

Act 1: 6.5/10

Act 2: 9.5/10

Act 3: 9.99/10

Jedi Consular lvl 50 finished act 3. 8.25

The jedi consular story is not that bad on the first planet, but it gets really boring really fast.

I first rolled my jedi consular right after my SI and stopped at lvl 30 because I could not stand the boring story.

After completing the SW and JK, I decided to give it a chance. I finished alderaan and then I was hooked. Great story starting at alderaan. I would not say that the 2 last act were as good as JK or SW but somewhat close. I found it was a good experience.

I played female light side as I could not stand the male voice.

I started the story dark side and I would not advice it to anyone: the dark side choices just... dont make sence. And also, it does not make sense to stand before the jedi counsil when you are obviously dark side with the face and all. Also, I think the jedi would be able to tell that you are doing evil deeds or not.

(DONT PLAY DARK SIDE) play this one only as an alt.

I really felt like a jedi for act 2 and 3. Trying to solve problems with diplomacy. Protecting people with the force.

Really felt like a jedi master.

Act 1: 1.25/10

Act 2: 7.75/10

Act 3: 9.25/10

sith Inquisitor 10/10

Darth zash is hands down my favorite character of any character arcs. and i really really liked all of the chapters they were all amazing.

Sith Warrior so far 8/10 it has some cool gimicks and the story certainly has moments. but Baras and him forcing you to basically cut off your noise to spite your face really ruins it for me

the rest i haven't done enough to judge yet.

Edited by magicallypuzzled

Jedi Consular: 7/10.

You really feel as if the entire Jedi Order depends on you. You also grow very well in your roll. Personally, i didnt really like chapter 2, the higher-ups just say 'help these people' and that was it, but it was a nice build-up to chapter 3.

Smuggler: 6/10.

The prologue was great, you felt a real smuggler who had gotten himself in a situation. After that, the 'smuggler feeling' disappeared very fast and the story wasnt great. Fortunately your dialogue options and personality as a smuggler make up for that.

Imperial Agent: 9/10.

Absolutely great. Personality, immersion, story; it was all there! The story kept me exciting all the time.

Sith Inquisitor: 8/10.

What really surprised me here was how connected I felt to my character. You're a Sith and you think, seemingly, only about getting more powerful, but the idea that you can rise from slave to a powerful Darth really appealed me.

I plan to do all class stories and im now doing the trooper. Looks pretty OK so far, but im only lvl 16, so I cant say much about it yet.

Edited by Armadyil

dark-ish sith inquisitor: (favourite voice actor,the story fit very well with my RP decisions)

finished

chapter 1:10/10

2:8/10

3:9/10

light sith warrior: (favourite so far)

finished

1:10/10

2:7/10

3:10/10

light jedi consular: (simply amazing,but it's not a story for everyone because there's not much action)

finished

1:9/10

2:8/10

3:10/10

smuggler: (absurdly funny)

(end of act2)

1:9/10

2:7/10

trooper: (act 1 was great,i really enjoied it)

(end of act2)

1:10/10

2:5/10

Edited by _biddan_