Future Content...

Malckiah

Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5  

15,252 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5

What I find most interesting about all this...

Many players on these forums wail and moan about how this game doesn't really force anyone to be social and group up for content. We always see complaints from "old school", self proclaimed MMO professionals that this game isn't a good MMO because it people are allowed to play the game on their own without help.

And what is the number 1 request in this poll? Class Stories (aka the biggest part of the game that is single player focused).

I just have to laugh at that. As usual the gaming community contradicts itself.

I like the poll. I really do. But it just goes to show you how the loudest complaints are most often in the minority.

Indeed. :)

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you really wanted to be a pedant, the poll links to a list of users who voted for each option. You take that cross-reference each user with their typical posting habits (mine are erratic, but you'll see I settle a lot around story and "player choice" options), to see if any particular posting habits coincide with voting habits. There may be one or two errant users who voted but don't post, but I find that to be unlikely.

:) yeah... I'm not up for that. If I had a program to auto search and parse forum posts by keywords and extract the forum name into a table.. maaaaaaayyyybe. Doing it manually (or semi-manually) would inject more errors then extract insights.

But it would not surprise me if Bioware does have the telemetry and does some of what you suggest. :D

But it would not surprise me if Bioware does have the telemetry and does some of what you suggest. :D

Pffft, that's an even longer shot than them doing a u-turn on their story content policy (unless they're friends with David Cameron) - Bioware specifically don't read anything I write. I think I've ended up on their ignore lists XD

More skewed than the poll being hosted in a PvE dominated forum?

The reason it was linked to the PvP forum was to level the turf, since 90% of PvPers don't give a **** about PvE and never visit the general discussion forum.

Believe me, it's less skewed now that the full population has actually seen it.

Go ahead, link the poll to the Crew Skills forum and watch as nothing changes.

Last I checked it's called "General Discussion". I see PVPers posting all the time. You're just disappointed there weren't as many as you had hoped. I know you're about to say that many PVPers never stray from the PVP subforum. I could say the same thing about any section of the forums. If you want the least skewed numbers you post it in the most neutral area. There's nothing PVE about the general discussion therefore one could expect the most representative percentages of each group visiting it. Instead of say the PVP subforums.

Also, it's only the "full population" now that PVPers have seen it? Why didn't you post the link in every subforum and shout it out in General chat on the fleet? I see in your own thread people trying to recruit other PVPers from inside the game as well, specifically from warzones and PVP chat. That's purposefully skewing results.

Ah, so this data that was so scientifically flawless when PvP wasn't rated higher is suddenly skewed because it's not the result you're looking for? Gotcha! As long as you get the result YOU want, it's "valid"...but now it's invalidated because somewhere in this thread of nearly 500 replies, someone asked for PvP to be rated higher?

More scientific than gathering a specific subset of the playerbase to vote on a particular item, yes. I don't care what the result is, but they've skewed the results by trying to round up all their likeminded friends to vote. If they had posted it in any other subforum then I would view it the same way.

It's supposed to represent what the community at large views, by using a random sampling of players that hopefully reflects the same ratio as the entire community itself. That can't be accomplished by grabbing groups specifically to boost numbers. Either everyone should be asked to come, or it should be whatever ratio happens to be viewing normally. While the latter introduces self-selection bias it's better than artificial bias.

Many players on these forums wail and moan about how this game doesn't really force anyone to be social and group up for content. We always see complaints from "old school", self proclaimed MMO professionals that this game isn't a good MMO because it people are allowed to play the game on their own without help.

And what is the number 1 request in this poll? Class Stories (aka the biggest part of the game that is single player focused).

I like the poll. I really do. But it just goes to show you how the loudest complaints are most often in the minority.

What's funny is over the last few nighs under my Assassin Tank I've had people I've grouped with in the Open World ask me to tank their class story bosses for them. Which is funny because I've done the class stories solo, so I know it's possible, but I enjoy taunting the NPCs while we face stomp them with 2 players + 2 companions.

Nomar Kar was funny in particular... "Oh you thought this was a solo fight against 1 sith, we have 4 people ready to jump you.. MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Also, it's only the "full population" now that PVPers have seen it? Why didn't you post the link in every subforum and shout it out in General chat on the fleet? I see in your own thread people trying to recruit other PVPers from inside the game as well, specifically from warzones and PVP chat. That's purposefully skewing results.

As a side this is the exact reason why professional poll takers avoid using self selecting polls....

My Top-5 would definitely be:

1. Operations

Now we finished the Dread Masters story (I take that is we finished actually ;)), it would be awesome to get one or two operations focussed on the Hutt Cartel like S&V and KP. Something that has to do with Post Makeb. And maybe after that a more sinister operation like Terror from Beyond.

2. Planets

The way Bioware went now with the release of first CZ-198 and then Oricon was awesome. Oricon was more story based (tie-in to the Dread Masters storyline). More planets please! Maybe some more as big as Makeb or as fascinating as Oricon.

That being said I would also like a reason to go back to earlier planets. Maybe do something on the Starter Planets again. I find myself often scouring through Tython, Ord Mantell, Korriban and Hutta for fun and exploring (disregarding the General Chat of course ;)). I also like redoing Heroics and stuff. But maybe a new area on the starter planets would be awesome.

3. New playable races

Cathar wasn't my choice of new race, but nevertheless I liked that you added a new race to the game. As well as I like you added the Cyborg armors to the game. Now I don't ask for Wookiees or races that cannot speak Basic, but a race like the Nautolans and the Aackbar guys would be awesome to have in game.

4. PvP centric content

I am not a huge player of PvP myself, but I like to do warzones and arena's during leveling new characters. More arena's would be welcome, but some more warzones would awesome. And then not a copy of Voidstar of Huttball but a new arena please with new mechanics and new awesome 8v8 fights. Oh and possibly the avoiding the same side vs same side warzones!

5. Crew skills and crafting

Give us more. Add the Armoring/Hilt/Mod/Enhancement/Barrel 30 to the trainer (since its Basic Comms for that now). New Augment Kit rank maybe. I want it to matter again!

Oh and most importantly, LESS ON THE CARTEL MARKET AND MORE JUST IN GAME!

Edited by SebastiaanZ

Last I checked it's called "General Discussion". I see PVPers posting all the time. You're just disappointed there weren't as many as you had hoped. I know you're about to say that many PVPers never stray from the PVP subforum. I could say the same thing about any section of the forums.

Test your theory - post a link in all the sub-forums and server forums. General is a very predominantly PvE oriented forum and it's a toxic forum to most PvPers.

What's funny is over the last few nighs under my Assassin Tank I've had people I've grouped with in the Open World ask me to tank their class story bosses for them. Which is funny because I've done the class stories solo, so I know it's possible, but I enjoy taunting the NPCs while we face stomp them with 2 players + 2 companions.

Nomar Kar was funny in particular... "Oh you thought this was a solo fight against 1 sith, we have 4 people ready to jump you.. MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Yeah class stories are fun with other people because the NPC enemies aren't ready to be rolf-stomped by 4 people.

Last I checked it's called "General Discussion". I see PVPers posting all the time. You're just disappointed there weren't as many as you had hoped. I know you're about to say that many PVPers never stray from the PVP subforum. I could say the same thing about any section of the forums. If you want the least skewed numbers you post it in the most neutral area. There's nothing PVE about the general discussion therefore one could expect the most representative percentages of each group visiting it. Instead of say the PVP subforums.

Well, there are plenty of avid PvPers in general forum AND causal PvPers, but from my observation the avid tend to only enter discussions that are clearly something about PvP or has a gold post attached to it. There are exceptions of course as we do have some avid PvPers who are very active in general forum on a broader range of topics.

In other words.. this thread, the way it was titled.. would not immediately attract the angst driven avid PvPers IMO. They are looking for red meat to fight over a lot of the time IMO. Then again.. they are not hard to attract, right? Just slap a gold post on a thread and/or put a lobbying redirect thread to go take the poll inside their PvP subform. :D

Edited by Andryah

Test your theory - post a link in all the sub-forums and server forums. General is a very predominantly PvE oriented forum and it's a toxic forum to most PvPers.

I don't really care to, I'm not vested enough in the results, as I said before. I'm merely pointing out why I think that if this poll wasn't misrepresenting things before, it certainly is now, at least for PVP.

Do you think that maybe it's mostly PVE oriented because most players are PVE oriented? I see a lot of toxicity on both sides of the fence. Most sane people would do well to avoid General Discussion, no matter their play style.

Edited by MillionsKNives

More scientific than gathering a specific subset of the playerbase to vote on a particular item, yes. I don't care what the result is, but they've skewed the results by trying to round up all their likeminded friends to vote. If they had posted it in any other subforum then I would view it the same way.

It's supposed to represent what the community at large views, by using a random sampling of players that hopefully reflects the same ratio as the entire community itself. That can't be accomplished by grabbing groups specifically to boost numbers. Either everyone should be asked to come, or it should be whatever ratio happens to be viewing normally. While the latter introduces self-selection bias it's better than artificial bias.

If you're genuinely dismayed about results why are you griping so much here instead of spending 5 seconds posting a heads-up in the PVE or other forums?

Frankly, you're sounding like sour grapes fueled by the classic and ridiculous PVEer vs. PVPer nonsense.

Those are some funny people alright.

They all gladly choose to ignore that WoW's massive success isn't because it forced people to team from 1-60 (70,80,85,90, and whatever else follows).

One of the things it was always praised for was the flexibility it gave its players - "Want to solo to max level? By all means, go ahead - our game fully supports your preference!"

Edited by Callaron

Well, there are plenty of avid PvPers in general forum AND causal PvPers, but from my observation the avid tend to only enter discussions that are clearly something about PvP or has a gold post attached to it. There are exceptions of course as we do have some avid PvPers who are very active in general forum on a broader range of topics.

In other words.. this thread, the way it was titled.. would not immediately attract the angst driven avid PvPers IMO. They are looking for red meat to fight over a lot of the time IMO. Then again.. they are not hard to attract, right? Just slap a gold post on a thread and/or put a lobbying redirect thread to go take the poll inside their PvP subform. :D

You need new material, this copypasta is stale.

Edited by Joesixxpack

1. Class story continued (not just the planet quests)

2. Planets (new planet or new areas (maps) on old planets)

3. Legacy storage (shared across all toons for at least credits/crafting mats) and new higher level Legacy perks

4. Companion story continued or new companion (quest to get him/her much like HK but with less searching)

5. Operations (this is at bottom of the list because we just got 2)

If you're genuinely dismayed about results why are you griping so much here instead of spending 5 seconds posting a heads-up in the PVE or other forums?

Frankly, you're sounding like sour grapes fueled by the classic and ridiculous PVEer vs. PVPer nonsense.

You could actually read what I wrote, but that would be too difficult wouldn't it.

As for me:

Class Story

Companions

Planets

Crew Skills and Crafting

Character Customization Options (Hair, Faces, Body sizes, etc)

Mini Games (Sabacc, Pod racing, pazaak, etc)

New Class

Other (please explain) - opportunity to send more companions (more 5) for a crew skills mission

That is because typically we do not allow polls on the forums. Due to that, forum accounts are not flagged to create them. However, Malckiah managed to find an issue we had with some forum permissions, one that I didn't know existed, and he was able to post this poll. Imagine my surprise when I saw it in GD ;)

That issue has now been corrected and so poll creation should not be an option that anyone can see. Since this poll is already live though, I will let it ride!

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Interesting, Muso responds....but doesn't say anything about the results. Here are my top 5 in order:

*Class Story (And not the generic one play threw stuff we've been getting [oricon/makeb])

*Operations

*PvP content

*Mini-games

*New Classes

PS: Muso should also look at these older "official" threads That they seem to have forgotten about.

Potential Future planets

Star Wars Fantasy

HK Immersion

Edited by Lecto
typos

Or...what about this theory...

Most people don't troll the forums, they get summaries from Dev Tracker. Once Eric posted in this thread, it became visible to a much larger audience and THAT is why the poll went from 473 votes yesterday to 1500 overnight - to suggest that that leap is due to a PvP thread is incredibly naive.

My top 5

Class stories

Because the planetary stories just aren't that good. They miss the personal touch the class stories had. Besides, I have to do the same planetary stories with every alt, and I've done republic makeb story three times now and it's already boring me.

Companions

New companions wouldn't be a bad thing, but mostly, I'd like to have more stuff with the old ones or even some button where I can reset the companion storyline (so that if I want to have those convos again with some companion, I don't have to create a new alt).

Pvp content

Tbh, I don't like arenas. More actual 8 vs 8 objective based warzones would be a nice thing.

Other

I don't do respeccing. So in order to be able to play all the ac/skill tree -combinations in the game, I'd need 24 character slots. I can now have 22. Though, right now I have both a concealment operative and a scrapper, but I'd settle with 24 character slots (25 would be even more super).

But I'm probably the only person in the game who wants these, so not going to happen. :DD

Legacy

With as many alts as I have, legacy stuff is always nice to have.

Tbh I would have chose more than 5 options lol

More PvP WZs would be awesome, new classes as well ,new races too!!

I dream to play a female devaronian (Darth Maladi) :(

Put yeah another thing that would be awesome...a level cap of 70 ! WIth more classes story :)