Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

Terin

@ Xorcist

I don't think you even understand the consequences on changing Revan's existing gear outside of its 3 existing bugs.

It doesn't matter about personal opinion. It settles down to who gets pissed off because of money spent. or would be spent.

Revan's gear as in the game now is the canonical appearance of Revan in this video game, not a year long placeholder.

And to prove its canonical. Quoted from Joveth from when the 1.6.2 patch came.

To change a piece of gear which you buy from a market in this game with real money, or the GTN has hundreds have already purchased you are taking all their outfits and changing it into something they would or would not want. Who says random *** forum posters get that power?

This would affect the fans who spent millions of credits or hundreds of credits to get a full set.

This would affect the people who took parts of his set and forged in with other items to have their personal set.

To flip a 180 and change his gear outside of the 3 bugs would piss off them and they would have an uprising on the forums after the change happened, as seen with the phantom and spymaster fiasco.

Revans current lower robe is the one of the most popular items on Jung Ma. People use it for different outfit combinations, If it was changed a lot of people who liked it the way it was with their other items would be pissed.

Pfft... sure... :rolleyes: I payed more than you can imagine and I'm happy for the change.

Edited by xorcist

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah. Not even 10 total in all subs and free to play would care. This is a far better solution than leaving it the way it is. I dont want a "classic" or any other additional versions out there. Just one correct version. I paid through the nose to grab a full set, so he isn't anything special. The current version is depressing as well as a disappointing one. A failed recolor, while all the other lore items are original. Face it. He saw his opportunity to grab for attention, and he got it. That's all.

You really think that is what this is about. Your Ignorance is bliss. If you want to think that few would care. thats what Bioware thought when they fixed the missing parts of all the cartel sets after a proper quality check went it. and people got mad they liked the old set. THIS IS FACT, and then the phantom and spymaster flame war thread happened.

Edited by Magnusheart

You really think that is what this is about. Your Ignorance is bliss. If you want to think that few would care. thats what Bioware thought when they fixed the missing parts of all the cartel sets after a proper quality check went it. and people got mad they liked the old set. THIS IS FACT, and this happened.

Sorry no. I don't agree. Not for this. Other things maybe, but not this.

Then by all means, play in your dream world where this 116 pages long, and 1150 post thread didn't happen.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=583086

You're obviously not old enough to anticipate consequences with everything. even the fact Eric said they weren't going to fix the 3 bugs on Revans set because they were afraid this would happen again. He was right for the most part. Not for fixing the set, but for people crying they want another one.

If you guys seriously spent all this effort in the cartel market suggetsions thread asking for a Kotor Themed Revan set that is completely seperate from the Current version. You might have actually gotten them to read and consider it like they did Thana Vesh's armor.

Yeah well we would need a big war going on there too to keep it bumped for so long, so we'd rather just stay here, thx :jawa_tongue:

Anyway having 2 separate sets would be best idea. If they hate seeing 2 sets with the word "Revan's" then rename the current one to something else, 'cause it barely looks like Revan's anyway. Sadly based on

I want to reiterate that when these changes take place, we will not be releasing a classic version of Revan's armor - the new appearance will be the only appearance available.

it kinda looks like they do not wanna have multiple versions, therefore we are fighting to get the look we want, you're fighting to get the look you want. Nothing will change until they clarify why they mean by:

we will be changing Revan's armor, and more than just the double hood! I will have more specifics later on, but aside from just fixing the double hood, you will see some color adjustments, etc. in the armor overall.

You're saying that

They cannot whatsoever change the existing version besides the Double Hood bug, and the coloring bug.

but you're not reading the whole message, what you see is:

]we will be changing <...> the double hood! <...> aside from just fixing the double hood, you will see some color adjustments

And you're forgetting these:

I will have more specifics later on <...> etc. in the armor overall.

I mean he already mentions BOTH fixing hood an colours, but he also adds "etc" and "more specifcs later on" which indicate that they will be changing something MORE. Our hope is that they are making it more like Kotor version.

Or risk being a Hippocratic to what happened before.

It does not matter, because if they're not willing to have multiple sets then making sure the one and only set looks right is more important then a few upset guys:

This is the most iconic character in ALL of the Old Republic. For a lore set, he has the most hideous one of them all right now, by far! It is waaaaaaaay overdue!

Yeah well we would need a big war going on there too to keep it bumped for so long, so we'd rather just stay here, thx :jawa_tongue:

Anyway having 2 separate sets would be best idea. If they hate seeing 2 sets with the word "Revan's" then rename the current one to something else, 'cause it barely looks like Revan's anyway. Sadly based on

it kinda looks like they do not wanna have multiple versions, therefore we are fighting to get the look we want, you're fighting to get the look you want. Nothing will change until they clarify why they mean by:

You're saying that

I mean he already mentions BOTH fixing hood an colours, but he also adds "etc" and "more specifcs later on" which indicate that they will be changing something MORE. Our hope is that they are making it more like Kotor version.

It does not matter, because if they're not willing to have multiple sets then making sure the one and only set looks right is more important then a few upset guys:

And what of the repercutions? Are you willing to post "we're sorry, we wanted it to look this way than how it was originally released in the game, and in the market we sold money for" If by all means then. you can pay me my 400$ if they change the set than what was ADVERTISED in the blockade runner pack's cover.

And what of the repercutions? Are you willing to post "we're sorry, we wanted it to look this way than how it was originally released in the game, and in the market we sold money for" If by all means then. you can pay me my 400$ if they change the set than what was ADVERTISED in the blockade runner pack's cover.

Yes yes the repercussions. I see gtn flooded with all these "classic" phantom and spymaster (and whatever else was there) pieces for next to nothing, because no one wants them. On the other hand the fixed versions are rare and expensive. It seems that there was barely any repercussions, only a loud and vocal minority who saw an opportunity to complain against bioware and EA and took it.

And most people buy all that stuff from gtn anyway, they do not buy 1244189142124894129124 packs (yes some do, but they are a minority), they only say they wasted real money to give their arguments more weight.

Edited by Aelther

@ Xorcist

I don't think you even understand the consequences on changing Revan's existing gear outside of its 3 existing bugs.

It doesn't matter about personal opinion. It settles down to who gets pissed off because of money spent. or would be spent.

Revan's gear as in the game now is the canonical appearance of Revan in this video game, not a year long placeholder.

And to prove its canonical. Quoted from Joveth from when the 1.6.2 patch came.

To change a piece of gear which you buy from a market in this game with real money, or the GTN has hundreds have already purchased you are taking all their outfits and changing it into something they would or would not want. Who says random *** forum posters get that power?

This would affect the fans who spent millions of credits or hundreds of credits to get a full set.

This would affect the people who took parts of his set and forged in with other items to have their personal set.

To flip a 180 and change his gear outside of the 3 bugs would piss off them and they would have an uprising on the forums after the change happened, as seen with the phantom and spymaster fiasco.

Revans current lower robe is the one of the most popular items on Jung Ma. People use it for different outfit combinations, If it was changed a lot of people who liked it the way it was with their other items would be pissed.

The ones I bolded and changed to a purple-ish color are incorrect. Everything else is "fine" though.

"•The Revan outfit was adjusted to look more like Revan’s armor in the game." Doesn't prove it is canon. If it is canon, then they should write a novel or comic regarding how Revan's clothes changed. That way, it can be accepted as canon.

They could write a novel on Scourge and what he was doing between the time Revan was imprisoned and the events of SW:TOR, and explain how Revan's armor changed.

They could also write a novel from The Emperor's P.O.V. showing how his encounter with Revan, and The Exile caused him to become paranoid. Showing how he would prepare for a chance that his fortress could be infiltrated again. They could show him trying to use Revan to gain knowledge and somehow throw his changed armor in there.

Even though everything else is "fine"(You are correct about everything you said), you are assuming that their wouldn't be two sets. You might be right, you might be wrong. We won't know until EricMusco clarifies his post.

-eric

Nah. Not even 10 total in all subs and free to play would care. This is a far better solution than leaving it the way it is. I dont want a "classic" or any other additional versions out there. Just one correct version. I paid through the nose to grab a full set, so he isn't anything special. The current version is depressing as well as a disappointing one. A failed recolor, while all the other lore items are original. Face it. He saw his opportunity to grab for attention, and he got it. That's all.

People would be pissed off. It would be a bad decision on Bioware's part to change the Foundry armor and then not re-introduce the Foundry armor for free.

-eric

Edited by SithEBM

Then by all means, play in your dream world where this 116 pages long, and 1150 post thread didn't happen.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=583086

You're obviously not old enough to anticipate consequences with everything. even the fact Eric said they weren't going to fix the 3 bugs on Revans set because they were afraid this would happen again. He was right for the most part. Not for fixing the set, but for people crying they want another one.

As I've said before. Your not any more special than I am. I do not share your view about the set. I want the fix, and have wanted the fix plus the change ever since I've laid eyes on it. I bought it because it said "Revan's" on the gear. But I hated the look. if you wanted that look. You would've gotten the inquisitor's chest piece it was copied from. But I know you don't want that because it doesn't say "Revan's" on it. Otherwise you would've done so without spending any money.

Again. Don't play the wounded man for me. I see right through you. It's not the look you paid for. It's the name you wanted.

If they were to change the foundry set and not re-introduce it. Pretty much this. ^^^^^

-eric

Edited by SithEBM

Yes yes the repercussions. I see gtn flooded with all these "classic" phantom and spymaster (and whatever else was there) pieces for next to nothing, because no one wants them. On the other hand the fixed versions are rare and expensive. It seems that there was barely any repercussions, only a loud and vocal minority who saw an opportunity to complain against bioware and EA and took it.

Let me make it clear, they cannot alter the current version outside of the bugs.

1. The entire fight of the P and S set war was In-game look vs advertised cover of the pack. Which I can legitimately use as a direct example that they cannot change it other than the fixes. which I bet wont come to pass anymore because of this flame war you guys decided to bring on here. They change Revan's current item set to anything other than what it has been(bugs aside) I can use this to force it back, even if that means back with bugs.

THIS http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120520103151/starwars/images/2/26/RevanFinalDuel01.jpg Is the advertised and sold armor of Revans and the armor he has worn in this game since launch. They cannot change the items then other than fixing the color and double hood bug back to this, or else people could, and will demand their money back if they don't like it. And that alone will make Bioware jump into action to prevent it. Money is what matters most.

2. Your quote only validates it died down because it was Fixed, and they made it work for both parties. Everyone who wanted what got it. and the fact Space Pirate pack was in flamed with classic boxes.

3. People spent real money for the current look. and not just for Revans, but mix matching their own personal style, Bioware won't put a wedge in that again.

4. This entire thread was about the double hood bug and the color bug, not making a brand new set, how far do you think them saying they are fixing armor will go?

Edited by Magnusheart

This. ^

This. ^

EricMusco needs to clarify. They never said that they don't want multiple versions, just not the bugged one(Clarification needed) Basically this. ^

You're saying that

This. ^

This. ^

This. ^

This. ^

It would still be false advertisement, even if his Foundry armor isn't canon. As much as I would love a KOTOR set(I prefer this over The Foundry one), there would be MAJOR backlash if they didn't release The Foundry set for free.

The majority probably prefers the KOTOR version, but some people actually paid for The Foundry version and prefer it over the KOTOR one.

The one thing Magnusheart isn't realizing is that this is a different situation though(EricMusco needs to clarify). They said that they won't be releasing the "Classic". In that past, the classic meant the bug one, so logically, I believe that Bioware will do this.

~~~ Bioware will(IMO), fix The Foundry set and release a KOTOR set.

I believe when EricMusco meant the classic version, he meant the double hood(messed up colors) version. He never ruled out a KOTOR one AND a Foundry version.

-eric

Edited by SithEBM

It would still be false advertisement, even if his Foundry armor isn't canon. As much as I would love a KOTOR set(I prefer this over The Foundry one), there would be MAJOR backlash if they didn't release The Foundry set for free.

The majority probably prefers the KOTOR version, but some people actually paid for The Foundry version and prefer it over the KOTOR one.

-eric

You don't get to answer for the majority. Because the armies of flame posters didn't happen for the phantom and spymaster changes until after it happened.

Your opinion of whats canon or not over revans foundry robes are invalid. Briana the last handmaiden was considered non canon because the exile is female. and she was a male only companion in the game. but a mini figurine of her was made with a backstory solidifing her into canon. What and what isn't canon is the universe of star wars is defined by if it was made and sold with the official star wars logo which this game is. FINALIZING Revan's current robes as canon. as it was indeed labled, shiped, and sold in this game's market.

Revan was released in this game wearing this game's robes, the items have his name on it are sold in packs. that makes them canon to the game.

Edited by Magnusheart

which I bet wont come to pass anymore because of this flame war you guys decided to bring on here.

The flame war started because Eric gave a very vague answer on what they are changing. You and some people interpreted it that they're only fixing double hood and colours, Me, my friends and some other people interpreted it that they are making it more KOTORish, either way everyone had their own thing in mind so everyone started thanking BioWare for it.

Then some people noticed that the message is too vague and might be read in multiple ways so they asked what does that mean: will they make it more like Kotor and add cape and stuff or will it remain as a re-skinned inquisitor robe. Then people from your side started saying how capes do not belong in star wars (yeah right) and only superheroes wear capes ... and then the whole thing broke out...

Edited by Aelther

Kotor and add cape and stuff or will it remain as a re-skinned inquisitor robe. Then people from your side started saying how capes do not belong in star wars (yeah right) and only superheroes wear capes ... and then the whole thing broke out about whether it should remain an ugly recoloured inquisitor set or an actual Revan's set from KOTOR.

Wrong, what was said is that the cape doesn't belong with this set, because it was already advertised, shiped, labled, and sold in this game without one, and if they add one it would cause a fight. Because people actually perfer it without one.

I don't know about you, but I don't want to have my favorite set have a cape clipping inside and pooping out of my medtation hoverchair and domination throne.

Edited by Magnusheart

You don't get to answer for the majority. Because the armies of flame posters didn't happen for the phantom and spymaster changes until after it happened.

Your opinion of whats canon or not over revans foundry robes are invalid. Briana the last handmaiden was considered non canon because the exile is female. and she was a male only companion in the game. but a mini figurine of her was made with a backstory solidifing her into canon. What and what isn't canon is the universe of star wars is defined by if it was made and sold with the official star wars logo which this game is. FINALIZING Revan's current robes as canon. as it was indeed labled, shiped, and sold in this game's market.

Revan was released in this game wearing this game's robes, the items have his name on it are sold in packs. that makes them canon to the game.

You don't get to answer for the majority either. The second part won't happen if EricMusco clarifies his post and if I am correct.

The cartel market is not canon.

-eric

Edited by SithEBM

The flame war started because Eric gave a very vague answer on what they are changing. You and some people interpreted it that they're only fixing double hood and colours, Me, my friends and some other people interpreted it that they are making it more KOTORish, either way everyone had their own thing in mind so everyone started thanking BioWare for it.

Then some people noticed that the message is too vague and might be read in multiple ways so they asked what does that mean: will they make it more like Kotor and add cape and stuff or will it remain as a re-skinned inquisitor robe. Then people from your side started saying how capes do not belong in star wars (yeah right) and only superheroes wear capes ... and then the whole thing broke out...

^ This. How is this difficult to comprehend? We should be demanding clarification instead of fighting with each other, and I said before... I believe I am right, you believe you are right. We are obviously not going to change our opinions. We can quote the developers all we like and use all of our "evidence", but that doesn't make it 100% true, just likely or unlikely.

-eric

Edited by SithEBM

And people who paid money for how it looks now have more right to it than people who bought it for a cape that was never added to demand one now.

This argument of yours can easily be used by those people who like the messed up colours and double hood. They also bough it the way it is now, which is bugged. Like some people have mentioned they use headbands that remove hoods, so it actually looks nice to them, because it looks like the hood is down, while the other hood is removed completely. But I doubt you want it to remain bugged, just because people "like" it that way. So THERE WILL BE COMPLAINTS in 2.2 regardless of whether they just fix it or change it entirely.

Anyway, everyone's money is the same, what does it matter for what reason they bought it. Some people want the change some don't and you cannot know how many prefer it your way.. Some people who bough it did not even want it, they wanted something else from the pack, but got Revan's piece, so they sure will not care at all what happens to it. Sure if they changed it it MAY seem like majority of people are complaining, but that's only because people come to forums to complain and cry, rarely do they come here to say thanks. And most do not come here at all.

Edited by Aelther

That is true, we shouldn't be fighting eachother, but you guys are not aknowleging the fact that they wouldn't change it because of the Phantom and Spymaster change fiasco. They promised not to have another incident like this again. Them altering the current set (outside the bugs) would contradict that and have history repeat itself where I could legitimately claim general forums and customer support forum as a warzone without commendations.

The rest is just a dispute on if his outfit in Swtor is labled canon or not. When its just a matter of. He wore it on game launch, still wares it, and them selling it to us with his name on it claiming it belonged to him with the 's saying it was his.

Canon or not, they sold the items to us and we bought them either credits or dollaars, and the Item is more important than the character now. Because its about what was sold and advertised, over anything else what he wore in a different game.

and Aelther, wrong. The armor in the game we can get was released in 1.6.0 the light grey bug came out in 1.6.1 and the second color bug came in 1.6.2. and this thread alone overturned their opinion about the double hoodbug.

Edited by Magnusheart

And people who paid money for how it looks now have more right to it than people who bought it for a cape that was never added to demand one now.

Please, just stop. Think about it like this.

It is logically possible that EricMusco meant to say that there will be two sets in this game. Just not the Classic one(Which is the bugged version).

We should be trying to get EricMusco's attention and attempt to get clarification. That way, we can all move on and get a damn answer.

"BUT MY MONEYZ" - We need clarification. You are overreacting to this. You are making it seem as if there can only be one armor, but we are MISSING CLARIFICATION.

Clarification - To make clear or easier to understand / to clear of confusion or uncertainty / to make clear by removing impurities or solid matter.

Please just.... come back to us and help us get clarification. Instead of arguing, every post should be about "Let's get clarification".

We already know what would happen if they were to change the set to the KOTOR one and leave it at that. People would be furious. Ok, we get it. You can stop mentioning the spymaster/phantom situation now.

They meant no bug Classic version(Classification needed) <------- Please look at those words.

They NEVER said that there wouldn't be another set(Classification needed) <-------

I am going to log offline now. Have a goodnight everybody.

-eric

This argument of yours can easily be used by those people who like the messed up colours and double hood. They also bough it the way it is now, which is bugged. Like some people have mentioned they use headbands that remove hoods, so it actually looks nice to them, because it looks like the hood is down, while the other hood is removed completely. But I doubt you want it to remain bugged, just because people "like" it that way. So THERE WILL BE COMPLAINTS in 2.2 regardless of whether they just fix it or change it entirely.

Anyway, everyone's money is the same, what does it matter for what reason they bought it. Some people want the change some don't and you cannot know how many prefer it your way.. Some people who bough it did not even want it, they wanted something else from the pack, but got Revan's piece, so they sure will not care at all what happens to it. Sure if they changed it it MAY seem like majority of people are complaining, but that's only because people come to forums to complain and cry, rarely do they come here to say thanks. And most do not come here at all.

Let's start off tomorrow, all working together, as a team. EVERYBODY included, to get Eric's attention and clear this problem up. He started a flame war and should end it(Or at the very least contain it for now).

Goodnight everybody!

-eric