BW please give ETA for Season 1 and for the next pvp patch!!!

DanAxe

As many people have pointed out through the last months, it is beyond ridiculous we had a full year of PRE-SEASON 1, whatever that means, which is nill....

And its beyond reason that all that time the subject havent been addressed by bioware.

Patch after patch we get mostly Cartel Market updates, the ocasional pve updates, and the most rare pvp updates (which equals to - new gear with diff stats/broken systems/retwitching of balance - and never anything really new added besides the 2 new wzs which are in my opinion the 2 worst warzones in the game).

I come from a pve european server - The Red Eclipse - and there is a really strong pvp community both in Rep and Imp sides. So I'm guessing, even though the pve community is larger, the pvp community (worldwide) is still large enough to be adressed more properly than it has been.

I do not say this out of spite. I used to be a raider, now im a pvp'er, and i love the pvp of this game (glitches and bolsters aside ofc), and i think they have something very strong here to develop but more often than not, its just ignored. Give the pvp'pers new sets to grind and they'll be happy... No. Just no!!

Develop new warzones like Hutball and Voidstar, with diff objectives. Bring out something like Arena, more pvp options that doesnt involve going thru the same wzs over and over again until u cannot stand to be sat at ur pc anylonger cause you've been doing the same runs for over an year, every day. Not to mention ofc the rewards... Give new mounts, pets, cosmetical stuff that u can only get by grinding (which u already do to get geared) and that you can only get through pvping (no point in adding pvp stuff that u can get the same with diff color on the cartel market... )

To everyone: if you are a pvp'er or do pvp ocasionally because you enjoy it, please help me out and voice your thoughts in here. If enough people do it they might actually do something about it.

Well I agree with all of the above but to be honest the best thing that they could do for pvp right now is hammer the players that are using every cheat that they can find on the internet to make warzones unplayable for the opposing team. There are a wide variety of them available on websites that gleefully state that Bioware had shown no interest in putting a stop to it.

This is the real reason we don't have season 1 of ranked because Bioware know that it will highlight the problem and force them to act when they have no idea how to approach the problem. You would think that a software company with their resources would be able to auto-detect when exploits and hacks alter the game.

Then its simply a case of returning the offending players to level 1(not even a ban required and watch those practices stop dead. You would be amazed how many pvp heroes would suddenly not be in the wz's anymore.

I want season 1 ranked and I want new warzone objectives and new maps with new strategies but with the current epidemic of cheating going on it would just continue the bad experience.

Also it would be nice if on some days, the lag didn't make it look like you were playing hutball on the fleet but the two problems are most likely related.

Goblinmacro btw has many macros available which are coincidentally named after players on my server.

Funny that.

Edited by ufasach

I agree in that PvP CONTENT should be a top concern after the broken bolster issue with augments particularly right now, but it doesn't seem to be in the minds of the community or the devs. The devs just don't talk about it and the community would rather complain about smash or healers or assassins or premades. Not saying they aren't valid issues, but I just don't know what it matters when PvP in this game only consists of 5 WZs and a couple unused "free for all" zones. Everything could be done perfectly designed and perfectly balanced, and it still would get boring to those with a pulse to repeat the limited content over and over.

That said; I don't think more cookie cutter warzones will cut it. Ranked seasons starting should be there for those who that matters to; but they need more PvP systems in general. We need OWPvP that is encouraged by design to start a war between both sides. Not guild skirmishes/ganking of the lone wanderer. (although that is more fun thatn WZs at this point)

I didn't want to believe the engine just isn't capable, but maybe it just is. its why I will just move on because I just don't think they have the ability to make this game what I would hope.

Edited by Technohic

That We need OWPvP that is encouraged by design to start a war between both sides. Not guild skirmishes/ganking of the lone wanderer. (although that is more fun thatn WZs at this point)

I didn't want to believe the engine just isn't capable, but maybe it just is. its why I will just move on because I just don't think they have the ability to make this game what I would hope.

The engine is not capable, those of us that where around at launch can attest to how bad of a lag fest ilum was when we actually had PVP objectives to run out on the planet. The fact of the matter is Bioware either needs to update the game engine and their server hardware that is why war-zones lag so much. not to mention the grossly horrible population imbalances then too. Bioware did sort of address that but they needed to make the instance caps based on factions not general pop as it often leads to one instance being almost all imp/reb while the other gets short changed.

That said PVP content does need to be addressed. When they removed ilum PVP quests they said we would get something new and better, however all we ever got was a couple more war-zones and a couple two week events on ilum. I play this game exclusively for PVP but it gets repetitive after a while and in the end it will be why I stop playing again.

The bar for this game was very high and given what SWG accomplished even after its cookie cutter patches it seems that bioware had a great model to use. Instead we got this star wars MMO offering less to the players while requiring greater hardware specs to run.

They first need to fix the basic WZ issues such as bolster, /stuck, and item removal exploits.

For many people, PvP (or PvE) becomes slightly less fun once you finish gearing yourself out. Its an MMO and gear is half the game.

But currently, there is no need to PvP for gear. So it basically advanced everyone forwards in time to the point where they no longer need to get better gear. Now we are closer to the "its not fun anymore" point.

I wouldn't count on there ever being a season one at this point.

I am afraid there's more thruth to this stamant than I care to admit.. :(^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think the dev's hands are pretty much tied, beacuse of the Hero engine, I think the game will never be much more than it is now. We can want until the cows come home, but they can't do much much with this weak sauce engine they used, thats why we don't have open world pvp and a few other things I have heard the dev's say will cause a performance issue, which really makes me wonder how bad the hero engine has gimped this game, I don't know if they will ever make the effort to right this, it would be a big task thats for sure.. It is sad really, I was a huge fan of this game, :(

Edited by kevlarto

I am afraid there's more thruth to this stamant than I care to admit.. :(^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think the dev's hands are pretty much tied, beacuse of the Hero engine, I think the game will never be much more than it is now. We can want until the cows come home, but they can't do much much with this weak sauce engine they used, thats why we don't have open world pvp and a few other things I have heard the dev's say will cause a performance issue, which really makes me wonder how bad the hero engine has gimped this game, I don't know if they will ever make the effort to right this, it would be a big task thats for sure.. It is sad really, I was a huge fan of this game, :(

http://www.heroengine.com/heroengine/why-heroengine/

Watch that video on the Hero Engines website. Honestly it's pretty impressive what the dev team has done with this engine. The other games in that video look awful, like they were made in the early 90's. Although it will probably make you a little upset to see the character recoloring his armor in one example and one game that appears to have a day night cycle, I would say for the most part SWTOR looks much better than any of the other ones.

Well I agree with all of the above but to be honest the best thing that they could do for pvp right now is hammer the players that are using every cheat that they can find on the internet to make warzones unplayable for the opposing team. There are a wide variety of them available on websites that gleefully state that Bioware had shown no interest in putting a stop to it.

This is the real reason we don't have season 1 of ranked because Bioware know that it will highlight the problem and force them to act when they have no idea how to approach the problem. You would think that a software company with their resources would be able to auto-detect when exploits and hacks alter the game.

Then its simply a case of returning the offending players to level 1(not even a ban required and watch those practices stop dead. You would be amazed how many pvp heroes would suddenly not be in the wz's anymore.

I want season 1 ranked and I want new warzone objectives and new maps with new strategies but with the current epidemic of cheating going on it would just continue the bad experience.

Also it would be nice if on some days, the lag didn't make it look like you were playing hutball on the fleet but the two problems are most likely related.

Goblinmacro btw has many macros available which are coincidentally named after players on my server.

Funny that.

^^^ Agree totally. Fix hacking Bioware!

I agree with the OP, with the exception of the augment glitch I think the new bolster and balance changes have been good. It gives more people a chance to PvP if they haven't before or on their alts. But we do desperately need some new PvP content. Some type of arena, new wzs, rvr, PBS system, solo rated queue, x server rateds, anything would be great.