Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Things that are Dead should stay DEAD!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Things that are Dead should stay DEAD!

ZionHalcyon
07.10.2019 , 03:55 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Keta View Post
Vitiate and Revan should have stayed dead. So should have Malgus. Or let us change sides again so we can kill him again. Or just let us kill him and be done with Malgus -- for good this time.
As I said before, the original writers never intended him to die there, and the only thing that "killed" Malgus was the laziness of the developers who couldn't figure out a solution to the glitch where you could get him to jump in the pit on his own. So the writers finally righted a wrong in bringing him "back" (he never was supposed to be "gone").

MikeCobalt
07.10.2019 , 04:34 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
As I said before, the original writers never intended him to die there, and the only thing that "killed" Malgus was the laziness of the developers who couldn't figure out a solution to the glitch where you could get him to jump in the pit on his own. So the writers finally righted a wrong in bringing him "back" (he never was supposed to be "gone").
This is actually welcome news for me. Although "False Emperor" is still my favorite FlashPoint and will remain so indefinitely having such a character in SWTOR is better overall. Malgus "On a Leash" to a Sith Leader I feel deserves No Respect though is degrading to a great figure. This still doesn't change my S.I.'s opinion that he should be dead. Dead after he's served the Inq.'s purpose. When death is nolonger relevant time after time, the purpose itself becomes very UNimportant.
Like "Colonial Dakash" (I think hes that one) the Cyborg on "Maelstrom Prison" when he "Die's" his last words are "It doesn't matter, They'll just rebuild me again"

KoriVash
07.10.2019 , 08:45 PM | #23
I fully agree OP. I find it poor writing. So mush so years ago I used to buy comics but every other week a character was killed off then returned in some dumb way. Got so fed up I just stopped reading them. How many X-Men have been killed off and brought back to life? Well trick question because every single one has (up to the time I stopped reading) some several times over. OK it kinda worked for the Phoenix character, but every other X-Man?

As per usual Malgus was asked for. So the rest of us yet again have to put up with it, or move on to something else.

KoriVash
07.10.2019 , 08:49 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
Oh, so you are part of BW and have access to there development story & design for the game?

Well good to know!

Though I am sure you are telling porkies here.

Damask_Rose
07.10.2019 , 09:19 PM | #25
The "oh noes this big bad guy isn't really dead" plot is as overused in SWtOR as the "oh noes this trusted person betrayed me" plot. I want to see something fresher than that in Onslaught

OlBuzzard
07.10.2019 , 09:55 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
The "oh noes this big bad guy isn't really dead" plot is as overused in SWtOR as the "oh noes this trusted person betrayed me" plot. I want to see something fresher than that in Onslaught
Please don't take this wrong... but isn't that what is supposedly going to happen with the upcoming SW Movie .. Rise of Skywalker ... the Emperor returns ??? (at least that's one of the theories floating around right now).
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

IoNonSoEVero
07.10.2019 , 10:16 PM | #27
Agreed. Both of those tropes are so tired and overdone at this point.

Keta
07.10.2019 , 10:18 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
Please don't take this wrong... but isn't that what is supposedly going to happen with the upcoming SW Movie .. Rise of Skywalker ... the Emperor returns ??? (at least that's one of the theories floating around right now).
So it would seem. Which proves the point. Dead things should stay dead. :P
Yes, another referral link; click it or don't. Free stuff for you, free stuff for me.

IoNonSoEVero
07.10.2019 , 10:27 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Keta View Post
So it would seem. Which proves the point. Dead things should stay dead. :P
Recycled Palpatine was in the EU that was wiped out for the new movies, too, pretty extensively. Bit of a surprise that the film might be tapping into that. And yet not a surprise to anyone who knew about the old EU.

BlueShiftRecall
07.10.2019 , 10:52 PM | #30
I agree especially with the betrayal by someone we trusted arc, I've had enough of it.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkelefantos View Post
BTW, it's really hard not to read your name as Blue****tRecall.
Supporter Of: Purple Twi'leks (Since 2015) , More Miraluka Masks and Pink Togruta's