Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafting for 6.0 Don't repeat the misstakes of old Keith and Team.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Crafting for 6.0 Don't repeat the misstakes of old Keith and Team.

Seterade
07.18.2019 , 10:06 AM | #11
I am absolutely against this. What you are asking for is a market where people turn 75 and instantly buy BiS gear off the GTN and don't work for anything. This will completely undermine progression gearing and frankly what we have now is bad enough.

No.

SteveTheCynic
07.18.2019 , 10:26 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
This will completely undermine progression gearing
There's a very strong element of "so what?" about this. Why does it matter?

For reference: I'm opposed to this for different reasons, related to your point about instant(1) passage to BiS from the GTN.

(1) That's an optimistic prediction, since the gear won't be *cheap* on the GTN, not even close.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Phazonfreak
07.18.2019 , 10:31 AM | #13
I see both points.

As I am not an avid crafter and have no experience with endgame crafting in other games, can somebody give me an example of a current Mmorpg which allows crafting of highest tier gear without compromise compared to endgame drops? Is it successful and fun or is it a detriment to the economy and/or endgame group content?

TheCardinal
07.18.2019 , 11:55 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
I am absolutely against this. What you are asking for is a market where people turn 75 and instantly buy BiS gear off the GTN and don't work for anything. This will completely undermine progression gearing and frankly what we have now is bad enough.

No.
Then my question to you is.

Who does it hurt ?, and more so why ?.

they already said we will be able too craft the BEST, only that we can MOD them.

So that we are getting BiS at 75 due to crafting is rather moot.

Still, WHO and WHAT does it hurt ?.

How is any way of the strech does it impact you if I would be given even FREE BiS then I reach 75 ?.
None what so ever since PVP will Bolster to MAX.
Ops still bolster.
PVE Matters to none other then me.

So for the final time, why and WHO does it affect if we can craft end gear that you can mod.

I NEVER said BiS gear mind you.
Cardinal / Sweden
Icarus Corporation

http://www.c-system.se/swg/cardinal.png

TheCardinal
07.18.2019 , 12:00 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Your example is all over the place. Current non-moddable crafted high-tier gear is the MK-4 and MK-14 gear for Eternal Commander, Iokath and GEMINI flavours (230, 234, 240 and 246). It's all endurance-heavy compared to the corresponding MK-3 or MK-13 gear (moddable "looted" gear with its default mod-objects), *and* doesn't have a set bonus.

258 crafted gear, aside from the painful materials required, is identical to Masterwork gear from stuff on Ossus, including the ability to mod it.

Drillable mod slots for non-augment mods don't exist, and top-tier (MK-10) augment slots only cost 40K to insert the slot.
The point with the example was this.

IF I was to give you 1 free chest piece
Would you pick the
1 Non modded one
2 The modded one

As I've said before, BW in the live stream already said we will be able to craft top end gear
that takes the new items, just not MODDED ones.

I know about the 258, I have all those schematics, cost a lot too and sadly as we both know, 1 part is the hard to get one.

Still, WHY craft or BUY a crafted part regardless if it's armour, weapon, offhand or anything else IF you can't change the items in them.

To me both now and back in 2009 , I will say the same thing.

REMOVE CRAFTING then!

Either we craft items of USE or just REMOVE it.

Simple ain't it

Regards
Cardinal / Sweden
Icarus Corporation

http://www.c-system.se/swg/cardinal.png

OlBuzzard
07.18.2019 , 01:00 PM | #16
I've taken the time to read through this ... And I see both sides.
1. I do like Cardinal's idea.. not bad really.
2. I do see Steve's point as well. He's usually right ... ( but not always )

There's only one comment that I thought was more of a "so what?" kind of thing !

Personally I'd like to see some interesting competition on the GTN for BiS stuff or something reasonably close that would still be nice gear !!
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

Rion_Starkiller
07.18.2019 , 01:00 PM | #17
OP,
I suspect you will be able to craft the 6.0 equivalent to 246 purple gear when 248 was the highest. Isn't that good enough? I wore all 246 gear on my alts back then, especially left side.

PS - There is also supposed to be a new craft-only tac item 6.0.
-Beruhl, Pre-Complainer-in-Chief
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Lies have been corrected.

SteveTheCynic
07.18.2019 , 01:29 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by TheCardinal View Post
IF I was to give you 1 free chest piece
Would you pick the
1 Non modded one
2 The modded one
Meh. If they are the same (same stat numbers, same set bonus if applicable, same appearance, etc.) except the moddableness, there's no reason to choose one above the other, *if I think there won't be loose mod-objects in the future for the next tier up*.

Since the moddable parts of the tiers have *always* had shell-with-modss and *never* meaningful amounts of loose mod-objects, the question is equivalent to "would I take the piece of gear or the piece of gear?", and frankly, in that situation, I'd pick the piece of gear rather than the piece of gear.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Templock
07.18.2019 , 02:07 PM | #19
I'm still not getting it. Back in the day you could craft moddable gear for the appearance. Now you don't even need to do that with the dressing room. So crafting multiple sets of moddable gear seems redundant since you can just buy shells from the adaptable gear vendor for cheap.

SteveTheCynic
07.18.2019 , 02:25 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Templock View Post
I'm still not getting it. Back in the day you could craft moddable gear for the appearance. Now you don't even need to do that with the dressing room. So crafting multiple sets of moddable gear seems redundant since you can just buy shells from the adaptable gear vendor for cheap.
Apparently in 6.0 the set bonus will move back to the shells, which just means you'll need a new set of shells and then re-mod it as appropriate.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.