Make Recruit Gear a Requirement to Queue

NDiggy

Its bad enough I have to wait 30 minutes to an hour just to get in a Warzone. But once I get in I get stuck with people who can't even be bothered to buy the Recruit set before they queue up for a WZ and then get steamrolled and are nothing but a liability to the team. Make it so you have to have at least the Recruit set before you can queue up for WZs.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm not sure you suggestion is plausible but I do agree that it is very annoying when that happens. I play on a good population server so the que time isn't a problem for me but I don't understand why people PvP in quest/instance gear when the recruit gear can be purchased for a days worth of dailies basically. Like I think you can buy the entire set for less than 300k, which you can earn by doing all the dailies for one day, so I just don't see why you wouldn't get the set.

The recruit gear isn't the greatest thing or anything but you will certainly have a much better chance than when you come in there with your quest items on from leveling.

Well I'm not sure you suggestion is plausible but I do agree that it is very annoying when that happens. I play on a good population server so the que time isn't a problem for me but I don't understand why people PvP in quest/instance gear when the recruit gear can be purchased for a days worth of dailies basically. Like I think you can buy the entire set for less than 300k, which you can earn by doing all the dailies for one day, so I just don't see why you wouldn't get the set.

The recruit gear isn't the greatest thing or anything but you will certainly have a much better chance than when you come in there with your quest items on from leveling.

Exactly, there is no reason not to have it. People that don't buy the recruit set are hurting their teammates. Its disrespectful, and it would be easy to restrict the PvP queues to people that at least own pvp gear.

Exactly, there is no reason not to have it. People that don't buy the recruit set are hurting their teammates. Its disrespectful, and it would be easy to restrict the PvP queues to people that at least own pvp gear.

It's also disrespectful to think that people who don't buy the recruit gear are actually trying to hurt their teammates... I'm not going to lie, when I hit 50 I had barely 80k left after buying my skills for my rotation... Recruit gear is pretty expensive for a freshly hit 50. And keep in mind even if you waited 30 minutes to an hour to days, that person has waited JUST AS LONG AS YOU, and not only that, you were in the exact same boat as he or she was.

They could either not have the money or they do have the recruit gear and you just don't realize how low the HP is for it. Recruit gear is pretty useless. I constantly see people complain about 12-13k HP but that's full recruit gear HP.

its beyond insane that BW allows 5v8 matches and people with 0 expertise to pvp. just wait until they add deserter debuffs and then you're really ****ed and stuck with these morons.

its especially irritating to those of us that are "og" -- got BM gear and title the old way without exploits and handouts...

The fact is that they implemented a new Expertise stat budget and a new tier of gear for ranked warzones and then didn't roll out the ranked warzones. I don't think there would be much of a problem if you had ranked pre-mades in BM/ War Hero playing each other and fresh 50 PUGS in Orange/ Recruit playing each other. It would actually be a nice bridge from the 1-49 bracket.

Recruit gear is one of the few things I think they should just go ahead and make free.

Anyone that has any real interest in pvp goes ahead and gets the little cash together and buys it, no big deal dailies whatever.

It might get a few more people interested in pvp if it was free though. Or at least some extra casual people in the queue to fill out some teams. I'm sure scattered around are some peopel that don't really care about pvp, but if the gear was free, would go ahead and grab it and run a warzone here and there.

Removing barriers to entry, minor though this one may be, can only be a good thing for a warzone queue.

Edited by ShadowOfVey

Its bad enough I have to wait 30 minutes to an hour just to get in a Warzone. But once I get in I get stuck with people who can't even be bothered to buy the Recruit set before they queue up for a WZ and then get steamrolled and are nothing but a liability to the team. Make it so you have to have at least the Recruit set before you can queue up for WZs.

Blah, blah, blah. It's a game, they can do whatever they want, just the same as you. Besides, I bet you don't complain at all when they end up on the other team.

It's also disrespectful to think that people who don't buy the recruit gear are actually trying to hurt their teammates... I'm not going to lie, when I hit 50 I had barely 80k left after buying my skills for my rotation... Recruit gear is pretty expensive for a freshly hit 50. And keep in mind even if you waited 30 minutes to an hour to days, that person has waited JUST AS LONG AS YOU, and not only that, you were in the exact same boat as he or she was.

Then go do your dailies. One day worth of dailies... at the most two if you skip the heroics will EASILY net you enough credits to buy the entire recruit set. There is no excuse to be pvping with your crap green gear you got from leveling. Also how are fresh 50's so broke? I dinged 50 and had 800k in my bag. I just don't get it. I'm on my 3rd 50 right now, haven't sent him anything from my main and he's lvl 43 with 400k in his bag right now. Credits come easily in this game.

its beyond insane that BW allows 5v8 matches and people with 0 expertise to pvp. just wait until they add deserter debuffs and then you're really ****ed and stuck with these morons.

its especially irritating to those of us that are "og" -- got BM gear and title the old way without exploits and handouts...

Again... You started from scratch at 50 also... allow others to do the same.

Blah, blah, blah. It's a game, they can do whatever they want, just the same as you. Besides, I bet you don't complain at all when they end up on the other team.

It doesn't master whose team they're on, they're only hurting their teammates. It should never happen. You can get the money to buy the Recruit gear in one day of dailies. I can't imagine its even fun to get blown up in pvp without any gear at all. Its bad enough for those of us with the gear. There is no reason not to do this.

recruit gear is better than 50 blues, even for pve.

costs almost nothing compared to like 49 purples on the gtn on some servers.

if you properly played the character up to 50, doing most of the quests so and so, and not being an ecstatic spender buying purple gears every 2 levels, you should have more than enough to buy 3 full sets of recruit gear.

I don't go into running OPs in quest greens, I work on my gear first. The same goes for pvp, only BW put a set in game that is easily available to every fresh 50 immediately so they can start pvping. I honestly can't think of one reason why people who want to start pvp can't be bothered to buy this set. It will only better their experience and that of their team.

I recently rerolled on a new server and had lvl 50 had 700k gold. Lack of gold is a horrible excuse. You make damn near a million credits from 40-50 just leveling up.

I don't know how some of you have so many creds. My 50 had around 300k credits when he dinged, which is about what recruit costs. I have 3 alts, and none of them are rolling in credits. I could barely afford speeder training on one of them. One is really low level, but the other 2 aren't at a high credit amount by any means.

I did buy the recruit gear when it was available thought it was great to be able to be on stable ground compared to when I first started pvp'ing 2 weeks prior to the 1.2 patch having 0 expertise....

Had 2 pieces of Champion gear after 1.2 with 2 weeks of pvp'ing.... it took about 1.5 weeks after 1.2 to get full set of BM gear and atm its about a bit less than 2 weeks depending on game time to get a piece of war hero gear...

Regardless if new 50's mainly pvp or pve.... I think the recruit gear had better stats than the gear I had when I turned 50 anyways and have read guides on the forums that practically tells new 50's to get the recruit sets to prepare gearing for hardmodes to use while they grind commendations, hardmodes, etc....

I have been pvp'ing since hitting 50 and although I PVP heaps while I craft, etc.... IMO think its easier to get BM gear for HM's than finding groups for HM's to get the Tionese set. Off topic but have added info for PVE'ers who want to raid but finding it hard to gear up and are interested in pvp.

This compares gear for PT tanks with stats in front IMO being most important to the stats in the back. Unsure how usefull it is for other classes out there but for PT tank... you can get an idea of how good the pvp gear is compared to other gear in pve...

For stats IMO i put the important ones in front I felt PT tanks require...

Shield Rating - Absorption - Endurance - Defense - Aim - Power - Accuracy (I threw in Armor)

(I wrote the stats out quickly so it should be 99% accurate)

This only compares other gear to Full Battlemaster PVP Gear:

Only problem with battlemaster sets is you get heaps of accuracy stats which is worthless for tanks compared to the other main stats. But if your in battlemaster, IMO for most part its just as good as Tionese Gear.

Columni PVE VS War Hero PVP

Helm © +48 Shield -49 Absorption +0 Endurance +29 Defense +35 Aim - 25 Armor -51 Accuracy

Helm (W) +51 Shield +44 Absorption +19 Endurance -49 Defense +7 Aim +36 Armor -51 Accuracy

Gloves © +48 Shield -49 Absorption +0 Endurance +29 Defense +35 Aim -15 Armor -51 Accuracy

Gloves (W) +53 Shield +12 Absorption -8 Endurance +0 Defense +17 Aim +23 Armor -51 Accuracy

Bracers © +0 Shield -29 Absorption +0 Endurance +27 Defense +11 Aim -15 Armor +0 Accuracy

Bracers (W)+0 Shield +3 Absorption +3 Endurance +0 Defense +6 Aim +23 Armor +0 Accuracy

Belt © +0 Shield +27 Absorption +14 Endurance -29 Defense +11 Aim -15 Armor +0 Accuracy

Belt (W) +0 Shield +0 Absorption -11 Endurance +10 Defense +15 Aim +23 Armor +0 Accuracy

Chest © +0 Shield +29 Absorption +4 Endurance -49 Defense +35 Aim -25 Armor -3 Accuracy

Chest (W) +53 Shield +0 Absorption -8 Endurance +12 Defense +17 Aim +36 Armor -51 Accuracy

Boots © -0 Shield +29 Absorption +4 Endurance -49 Defense +35 Aim -15 Armor -3Accuracy

Boots (W) +51 Shield +0 Absorption +19 Endurance -5 Defense +7 Aim +23 Armor -51 Accuracy

Legs © +0 Shield +29 Absorption +4 Endurance -49 Defense +35 Aim -25 Armor -3 Accuracy

Legs (W) +51 Shield +44 Absorption +19 Endurance -49 Defense +7 Aim +36 Armor -51 Accuracy

I did not really go into depth of other gear such as Rakata gear or Tionese gear...... mainly because the other stats didnt change much and too much time to really go into depth in those areas when its easier to sum it up with:

Rakata = Approx. (+40 aim and +13 Endurance per piece with same stats in shield/absorb as BM set for most part)

Tionese = Approx. (+18 Aim per piece)

Edited by Rahh

You all should also take into consideration that maybe that person wearing what you thyink is green is actually slotted with purple PvP mods.

I for one PvP on my Female in nothing but a slave girl outfit Packed with M25 Mods, Enhances, armor and Augs. I have seen others in newbie looking gear with the same setup, this game is about looking how you want, do not be deceived by someones "appearance".

I don't know how some of you have so many creds. My 50 had around 300k credits when he dinged, which is about what recruit costs. I have 3 alts, and none of them are rolling in credits. I could barely afford speeder training on one of them. One is really low level, but the other 2 aren't at a high credit amount by any means.

Level slicing until 50 then switch to the crew skill you want for end game. Any other crew skill is a money sink and a waste of time for leveling.

I recently rerolled on a new server and had lvl 50 had 700k gold. Lack of gold is a horrible excuse. You make damn near a million credits from 40-50 just leveling up.

And you spend about 1.5 million on Skill training. Which leaves you with -500k ( I am being sarcastic but seriously you spend about 800k on L50 Skills depending on your class, so you made 1 mil or so leveling up, well -800k on skills, - another 200k on speeder/aesthetics, etc)

When I hit 50 I had 800k too on my sorce, after I was done training I went and Bought the recruit gear (or what I could afford) and guess what? After buying a few pieces of the recruit gear I was broke.

I have better things to do with 800k then buy some recruit gear that will be useless in 2 days once I get the medals for BM gear. So yea im gonna PvP in **** greens for a week, and pop into a WZ with Full BM and remain 500k richer then I would having bought the worthless Recruit ****.

And you spend about 1.5 million on Skill training. Which leaves you with -500k ( I am being sarcastic but seriously you spend about 800k on L50 Skills depending on your class, so you made 1 mil or so leveling up, well -800k on skills, - another 200k on speeder/aesthetics, etc)

When I hit 50 I had 800k too on my sorce, after I was done training I went and Bought the recruit gear (or what I could afford) and guess what? After buying a few pieces of the recruit gear I was broke.

I have better things to do with 800k then buy some recruit gear that will be useless in 2 days once I get the medals for BM gear. So yea im gonna PvP in **** greens for a week, and pop into a WZ with Full BM and remain 500k richer then I would having bought the worthless Recruit ****.

Running dailies on Corelia, Belsavis, and Illum would give pretty much more than 300k for like an hour. Seriously, since when money is so hard to earn in this game?

at the expense of your teammates?

server + ign plox.