The voice we all love (Tom Spackman)

jonamir

is it just me or does this guy do the best job in Voice over for this whole game. http://tomspackman.com/

He makes my bounty hunter come to life. Check out his Trailers. Everyone has some pretty cool voice over actors, but none of them have a movie preview guy =D. BH FTW!!!!!

I showed my girlfriend the game and she said, "oh my god! his voice is so sexy. I cant listen to this its getting me worked up" -____- thanks spackman you homewrecker! lolll

Edited by jonamir

I love this guy's voice. I have a few alts and I can't get into the warrior's voice. I mean, I am pure dark side as my warrior. He's a Sith and fat, but he sounds too polite to be a sith Lord with his accent. He's just not menacing. But the BH voice...he's gruff and has that, "whatever" kind of voice that says "sure, I have an allegiance, but I'm in it for the money!" I can get into my BH. IMO, he's the best voice acting in the game.

If you like Tom Spackmans voice, check out Pablo Francisco on youtube. He does a funny stand-up routine about Toms "movie trailer" voice.;)

Actually the guy Pablo is imitating is Don LaFontaine. Funny bit tho, one of my favorites.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_LaFontaine

Also, here's a link to the video you were referring, definitely worth a view (or 3)

Edited by Jodenco

To be honest the male voice for BH is kinda weird for me as its my second BH. My lvl 50 BH is a female Chiss :)

The male BH is kinda cool though, I like his easy attitude.

I don't remember the male BH voice, as mine too is a female Chiss, which I believe is a GREAT voice as well, she's snarky in all the right ways at all the right times.

I made a male BH to try out the romance with Mako, but he kind of petered out at 20th. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of his voice. He sounds too much like he's forcing the whole "growly" part of it, like Christian Bale in the new Batman movies. It just gets annoying to listen to after a while.

I made a male BH to try out the romance with Mako, but he kind of petered out at 20th. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of his voice. He sounds too much like he's forcing the whole "growly" part of it, like Christian Bale in the new Batman movies. It just gets annoying to listen to after a while.

/disagree

I think his growls voice comes out naturally. It's bad ***. But I agree on the Christian bale ridiculousness . He ruined batmans voice.

• 11 months later...
Tom Spackman is indeed a credit to voice actors and does add a depth to the male Bounty Hunter that makes mine one of my favorite characters in the game. That being said, I would also say that Mark Bazeley does an excellent job as the male Sith Warrior, as does his Republic counterpart, David Hayter for the Jedi Knight; although I personally wish he would've done something closer to the Solid Snake voice, but that's just the nerd in me.

I don't love his voice at all. In fact I utterly loathe it. I think he tries way too hard and comes off unnatural and ridiculous. Using a pinecone as toilet paper is more pleasant than having to listen to that awful, annoying voice. Spackman's voice was the sole reason I decided to forego a mako romance and make a female Bounty hunter instead. And I'm glad I did.

To me, Grey DeLisle simply makes a far superior bounty hunter voice. Well done, madam ^^

Edited by kifa

Personally... I find it terrible. One of the worst VA's in the game and therefor I rolled my BH as a body type 3 female that's bald, and gave huge scars and tattoos.

What don't I like about Spackmans work??

- The fact that it's dull and it's dull in a way where nothing the male BH says have any impact, emotion or damn... anything behind it. It's just plain boring, the reading is slow. If you try to intimidate ppl that doesn't work because there is no clear pattern shifting in the tone of the voice. It's boring, bad and bland and meaningless.

He does not sounds ****** what he does however is sound incredible stupid and listening to the lines make me fall asleep because they are slow and uninspiring.

The female VA did a awesome job however. Kudos Grey!

Mandalore he sounds really good and how I would like to sound as a male BH

Ofc this is all just MY opinion but you asked so I answered about how I felt about it and for me the male VA is just terrible which is a huge shame because I have a look for a male BH that I really like but the voice...

- When being a "bad-a-ss" you still have to have a natural flow of tone "valleys" in your voiuce (think Vin Diesel) but Spackman is just... bad. He sounds tired. You know like he is BARELY able to stay awake.

Edited by redsovereign

I found Mark Bazeley's voice acting to be vastly superior to male BH's.

"I

think

a little

elaboration

is

in

order

der-d'hur"

That guy SUCKS, and I hated the entire SW grind just because I had to suffer through his supposed acting every time I went through a conversation.