[BUG] Shackles - ETA on fix? Please?

Did Cademimu the other day... shackles are STILL bugged.

Running into someone with shackles doesn't break them, so that person has to use their CC breaker to get out. Which only really works once, MAYBE twice in the fight. (As a Sage I can break them 2x if I use my Force Barrier also)...

Had a situation where all of us through the course of the fight had to blow our stun breakers to get out because no one could break the shackles as the mechanics intend... and then we were all 4 shackled at once, which makes the encounter unwinnable.

I actually think the mechanic is cool, and adds an extra element to the fight. But if it's not going to work as intended, all it does is turn the encounter into a wipefest that is really hard on the wallet.

Cademimu: During Hard Mode, players may be unable to free group members from General Ortol's Magnetic Shackles.

Workaround: Players who are sufficiently spread apart will not experience this issue. Abilities that break the effects of Crowd Control will release players from the Magnetic Shackles.

The workaround is all fine and dandy........ try doing it with 2 melee dps.

Yes, we did it and you can easily spread far enough, so what's your problem?

I have done it a couple times, both as rDPS and Healer since it's been bugged, and been successful on most of them. The bug doesn't ALWAYS happen. And sometimes, it will happen once or twice in a fight. Sometimes, it will happen every time.

I have done it a couple times, both as rDPS and Healer since it's been bugged, and been successful on most of them. The bug doesn't ALWAYS happen. And sometimes, it will happen once or twice in a fight. Sometimes, it will happen every time.

It's only when one gets shackeled additionaly to the one the shackles are intended for, which can be avoided completely

It's only when one gets shackeled additionaly to the one the shackles are intended for, which can be avoided completely

I'll have to check the next time I do it... but the last time, as a healer, I was getting unbreakable-shackled while standing around 15m away from everyone else.

I'll have to check the next time I do it... but the last time, as a healer, I was getting unbreakable-shackled while standing around 15m away from everyone else.

Then the bug must have evolved since I last read a dev post about it :D (which is possible)

Then the bug must have evolved since I last read a dev post about it

As long as it doesn't go airborne we're safe.

Thanks for your help though, I will pay more attention to where everyone is standing next time I run it, to see if that helps.

This bug is making HMs painful to queue for. As a DPS, I generally find myself waiting 20-30 mins for the queue. That's fine for me. The problem is that I find myself getting into Cademimu most if not all of these times. I'm then faced with a choice...

a) To go through the FP and hope that either the bug doesn't strike or my group is capable of dealing with it (Which hasn't been the case for two days running now).

b) To drop from the group and wait another 20-30 mins for a new group, hoping that it isn't Cademimu again.

For the past few weeks I've gone with option a) but I'm slowly getting more and more tempted to go for option b). It's a nice mechanic and, if it can be got to work properly, I'd like it. Unfortunately, if the bug can't be fixed quickly/easily and the workaround only works some of the time, I'd say that we're better off just not having the mechanic at all.

A possible suggestion for if this is going to take as long as it seems to be to fix is to allow people to still get the group finder daily reward of 10 elite commendations if they uncheck Cademimu on the group finder, since at the moment people are being expected to go through a (potentially unbeatable) FP for their daily and some of us don't have time to constantly try again. An alternative might be to count the FP as complete (for both the daily and weekly) after the conversation just before the boss, with the boss being an 'optional' part of the FP until the bug is fixed.

As a note, I'm not saying that it's impossible. I've done it as both a DPS and a healer a few times but recently (and I'm not saying that it might not be down to the group) it's been getting me more and more often.

Edit: Wow, that's a big wall of text. TLDR: This is getting rather fustrating now and we need either a fix soon (not in a few weeks time) or a better 'workaround'.

Edited by I-Win-Button
Addition to post

I don't mind this "bug" and I don't want it to change. It is easily overcome. Mashing the same buttons and rotations over and over again gets old. A mildly complicated mechanic in a Hardmode FP is a pleasant change.

1. The demands on healing, dps, and mitigation for this fight are very low.

a. I've never seen anyone die from anything but the rocket exhaust (or the entire rest of the group dying from the rocket exhaust and the boss slowly whittling the last player standing down).

b. It isn't necessary to have two dps, I don't even think it is necessary to have one dps, but I am not sure. (Just because I have never seen him enrage doesn't me he never does)

2. Because the dps demand is so low you have an extra player that can be put on shackle patrol, when I am tanking I direct a melee dps or a poorly geared dps to do this and to not bother with doing any dps.

3. Because the healing demand is so low the healer can be back-up shackle patrol (mostly for situations where the player on shackle patrol gets shackled)

4. Other than when you have to unshackle someone you do not need to move very often ( the rocket exhaust does not change places at intervals of less than 30 seconds)

a. Once the tank is in place with his back against the wall nobody NEEDS to move until the exhaust moves to the sector they are in

b. some abilities that break the root have a shorter cooldown than time between the rocket exhaust movement so you can actually completely ignore the shackles with some group compositions as long the healer and one other player have such an ability and enough brainpower to hit that button when the rocket exhaust demands they move ( i.e. Troopers Hold the Line on a 30 second cooldown which also helps you to get to the new sector faster with the speed boost )

This boss keep bugging over and over again. Tries from last night:

#1 http://youtu.be/lEObHYeM7c4

#2 http://youtu.be/tOZMW3VccHg

#3 http://youtu.be/vwazQLcDbew

#4 http://youtu.be/kLj52J5D2iE

So basically our Jugg tank had it with this bug and switched to his Sin tank so that we can kill the boss:

http://youtu.be/uDYK-Z2LsIw

Why add a mechanic that bugs this much without testing or just remove it or make a better mechanic? Like perma snare during the fight or something better?

Edited by alpatalik

I don't mind this "bug" and I don't want it to change. It is easily overcome. Mashing the same buttons and rotations over and over again gets old. A mildly complicated mechanic in a Hardmode FP is a pleasant change.

1. The demands on healing, dps, and mitigation for this fight are very low.

a. I've never seen anyone die from anything but the rocket exhaust (or the entire rest of the group dying from the rocket exhaust and the boss slowly whittling the last player standing down).

b. It isn't necessary to have two dps, I don't even think it is necessary to have one dps, but I am not sure. (Just because I have never seen him enrage doesn't me he never does)

2. Because the dps demand is so low you have an extra player that can be put on shackle patrol, when I am tanking I direct a melee dps or a poorly geared dps to do this and to not bother with doing any dps.

3. Because the healing demand is so low the healer can be back-up shackle patrol (mostly for situations where the player on shackle patrol gets shackled)

4. Other than when you have to unshackle someone you do not need to move very often ( the rocket exhaust does not change places at intervals of less than 30 seconds)

a. Once the tank is in place with his back against the wall nobody NEEDS to move until the exhaust moves to the sector they are in

b. some abilities that break the root have a shorter cooldown than time between the rocket exhaust movement so you can actually completely ignore the shackles with some group compositions as long the healer and one other player have such an ability and enough brainpower to hit that button when the rocket exhaust demands they move ( i.e. Troopers Hold the Line on a 30 second cooldown which also helps you to get to the new sector faster with the speed boost )

Your dead on here , everyone needs to have backs to the wall , and SPREAD OUT for christ sakes!!! Melee use ranged abilities then EASE INTO DPSING , if you zerg rush him with melee he will shackle. Melee stay 5m and after rotation BACK OFF!! In several groups I've witnessed melee just zerg right into him, tanks that kite him around like wild chickens , and healers that don't know to break the shackles. People , you have to stand still , spread out , and take it easy with this fight. You follow this method the FP becomes very easy .......

This boss keep bugging over and over again. Tries from last night:

#1 http://youtu.be/lEObHYeM7c4

#2 http://youtu.be/tOZMW3VccHg

#3 http://youtu.be/vwazQLcDbew

#4 http://youtu.be/kLj52J5D2iE

So basically our Jugg tank had it with this bug and switched to his Sin tank so that we can kill the boss:

http://youtu.be/uDYK-Z2LsIw

Why add a mechanic that bugs this much without testing or just remove it or make a better mechanic? Like perma snare during the fight or something better?

Oh my , what the hell was that lol? The reason ya'll wiped a million times is because a) you didn't spread out b) melee zerg'd and the boss knocked back the whole group (lol) c) the tank kited d) your backs were not facing the wall e) melee stayed clumped up around the boss (need 5m or more between players)

horrible run , and very disorganized.

Oh my , what the hell was that lol? The reason ya'll wiped a million times is because a) you didn't spread out b) melee zerg'd and the boss knocked back the whole group (lol) c) the tank kited d) your backs were not facing the wall e) melee stayed clumped up around the boss (need 5m or more between players)

horrible run , and very disorganized.

I was merc. Shackles are meaningless to me.. We don't need to spread a lot, it doesn't matter that we all get knock back. We can kill the boss even when he shackles 3 people at times; only if shackles don't bug.

note: I've already got the 25 times hm achievement on this boss.

You can see that we killed him just by changing tank to Sin thereby bypassing shackle-bug: http://youtu.be/uDYK-Z2LsIw

note: tank is the same person. he just switched to his sin tank so that we can finish the instance after bugs.

Bug is a bug. Don't defend it troll.

Edited by alpatalik

If you done it 25 times you should know by now that the boss aoe shackles anyone within 5m, why would you cluster around the boss like that? Don't kite the boss , spread out , melee within 5m back off, healer breaks shackle.

You guys zerg'd the hell out of him , didn't spread out (merc was right on top of the boss lol) .

If you done it 25 times you should know by now that the boss aoe shackles anyone within 5m, why would you cluster around the boss like that? Don't kite the boss , spread out , melee within 5m back off, healer breaks shackle.

You guys zerg'd the hell out of him , didn't spread out (merc was right on top of the boss lol) .

it doesn't matter that it shackles us. we can remove the shackle. we focus on faster kill. it doesn't matter how many times the boss shackles as long as the shackles don't keep bugging.

So the majority of people once again are, fck you, we dont give a ****, its bugged but deal with it.

Not like we are the people paying for the game to stay up. Sorry but the customer is right, if it was a bug that gave players an unfair advantage bioware would have the whole dev team fixing it, but when its a bug that ruins the game they could give a **** less. You people are the reason so much is wrong with the world, oh too bad just deal with it, get arrested wrongfully who cares deal with it as long as it dont happen to me, get hit by a car who cares deal with it we dont give a ****.

Ive never seen a game with more of a lack of customer care than this ****. Its pathetic, everyones attitude is who cares deal with it, its a ******** bug and needs fixed or the cooldown on our breaks need drasically reduced during this flashpoint, to like 30 seconds or so instead of 2 minutes, there thats an easy fix for it.

Lower cooldown during fight or give an item that breaks shackles will a lower cooldown that would be even easier.

Pathetic and sickening