How to defeat marauders?

Talsyrius

With all the cool people saying "it is not overpowered, learn how to play", I must ask if there is something I missed. How are you supposed to counter a class with instant cast on all skills but one (that is uninterpretable), with the highest damage and best defensive cooldowns? Please do tell.

Only answer I can come up with is "roll a sniper"...

Edited by Talsyrius

Depends. As another melee class (other than tankasssin) you're pretty much screwed, there's basically not much you can do 1v1. As a range class, your best bet is to play a DoT spec, kite/snare them, and hope all youre defensive cooldowns are up.

As a range class, your best bet is to play a DoT spec, kite/snare them, and hope all youre defensive cooldowns are up.

The only real DoT class is Sorc...guess what...Sorcs have no defensive cooldowns.

Edited by iphobia

If you have high burst damage, bring them to 50%, stun and burst them down (and pray that their break is on CD :D)

Otherwise save your stuns for their defensive CDs.

If you are a class with kiting abilities kite them. Their damage is not really the problem, its high but other classes have high damage as well. If you manage to cc them while they use their stronger def cds you usually do fine.

to be honest mate, you can beat a marauder with every class, except merc dps i'd say :)

reason why i asked was so i would know what to tell him :)

Maurauders are easy, they pop cd(blue/red bubble) you stun or vanish, wait for it to almost end, when it does, you pop cd's, burst, snare.. always keep 5yards range (not hard).. and that's it, they die you win.

If you have high burst damage, bring them to 50%, stun and burst them down (and pray that their break is on CD :D)

Otherwise save your stuns for their defensive CDs.

If you are a class with kiting abilities kite them. Their damage is not really the problem, its high but other classes have high damage as well. If you manage to cc them while they use their stronger def cds you usually do fine.

correct, everything a mara has, is their cd's, if you manage those, they are fine :)

Bubble, force speed. Then you've got a 30m snare, and creeping terror (2s root). Lethality snipers are also very potent DoTers

Bubble is more used like a regular heal than a defensive cooldown. (You use a defensive cooldown when you need it, not on cooldown)

Snare, Terror, Sprint are utility cooldowns, not defensive cooldowns.

Defensive cooldowns reduce damage taken for a period of time.

Utility cooldowns keep your enemy away from you / keep him close to you, depending on class you play.

A defensive cooldown can also save you if you get stunned/rooted right after applying it.

A utility cooldown will have no effect if you get stunned/rooted right after applying it.

That's an important difference.

I don't have much problems dealing with Marauder/Sentinel, but hell, PT/Vang completely destroy me.

Edited by iphobia

We are vulnerable to kiting, rooting, ranged attacks, burst. Also Tankasins and other grapplers can be a real bother in huttball.

Snipers and pyrotechs ar my main peeves ;)

Edited by Veniras

correct, everything a mara has, is their cd's, if you manage those, they are fine :)

Problem is that not every class have roots, meaning kiteing someone with leap, snares and roots is neigh impossible. I guess my perspective is a bit skewed since I have mainly played assassin lately. Now before 1.3 I have a pretty much 50/50 chance of winning if both are equally geared (me being full war hero), but with the upcoming nerf I don't see how I can compete. My other lvl 50 on a non-dead server is a mercenary, so I'm no touching that...

Save the knockback for ravage and stun for immunity. Other than that, kite him in 4-10 meter range if you have the means to do so.

and if you want to kill him, have a stealth scan or aoe ready for camouflage.

With all the cool people saying "it is not overpowered, learn how to play", I must ask if there is something I missed. How are you supposed to counter a class with instant cast on all skills but one (that is uninterpretable), with the highest damage and best defensive cooldowns? Please do tell.

Only answer I can come up with is "roll a sniper"...

To have the simple awareness of using CC when they have CD's up.

to be honest mate, you can beat a marauder with every class, except merc dps i'd say :)

reason why i asked was so i would know what to tell him :)

Maurauders are easy, they pop cd(blue/red bubble) you stun or vanish, wait for it to almost end, when it does, you pop cd's, burst, snare.. always keep 5yards range (not hard).. and that's it, they die you win.

I do agree with you, it depends of the skill of the player usially if marauder is averadge you can beat it with every class with longer range by kiting them. You can beat them with guard too if you play well.

How to kill marauders.

1. Attack them.

Yep. I find that many people are choosing targets other than marauders because of their perceived immortality. And by avoiding marauders till last you're elevating their defensive abilities that enable their team to recover. So don't do that. Kill the healers, kill the marauders, and then profit.