Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Timed weekly needs to be renamed to GSF weekly

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Timed weekly needs to be renamed to GSF weekly
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ner_idia
05.22.2019 , 10:38 PM | #91
I've said this over and over again.

Don't do the content that you don't enjoy. You don't need "the latest" to get results. I did Ossus once for the achievement and I'll never, ever do it again.

Ibaesha
05.23.2019 , 02:48 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Lakemine View Post
In regards to the Ossus weekly, its actually easy. Drop the MM FP requirement to 2, an the GSF one instead of wins to just get 8 medals like in pvp. Simple. Then all 4 weeklys are relatively the same difficulty wise. (Other then the MM one, but 4 is to much, but 1 is to low. 2 is right there in the middle.)
8 medals isn't nearly as easy in GSF as it is in PvP. So that's not equal, at all. Also MM FP aren't that hard, just uncheck the longer difficult FPs, or hell just do Hammer Station 4 times if you must. It's all a matter of opinion though, isn't it? For me MM FP and PvP is easy, GSF is annoying, and I raid 5 days a week so the Operation one is also easy. 3 weeks of any of these things is just bad overall.

lolz the RNG ... smh

michaelcshow
05.23.2019 , 05:42 AM | #93
Why even random and not just a weekly rotation. There's already enough RNG - looking at you useless relics

The time cost of each are unequal also:
- x4 MM OPs - say 15 mins each = 1 hour
- SM Ops - 1 lockout = 15 mins (OR 1 full op = 1 hour)
- 8 PVP Medals - 1 match = 10 mins
- 3 GSF Wins = ? (no idea, I skip this one)

PVP for 10 mins or MM FPs for an hour+

fahdashq
05.23.2019 , 09:16 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by michaelcshow View Post
Why even random and not just a weekly rotation. There's already enough RNG - looking at you useless relics

The time cost of each are unequal also:
- x4 MM OPs - say 15 mins each = 1 hour
- SM Ops - 1 lockout = 15 mins (OR 1 full op = 1 hour)
- 8 PVP Medals - 1 match = 10 mins
- 3 GSF Wins = ? (no idea, I skip this one)

PVP for 10 mins or MM FPs for an hour+
Coming from someone that plays on Satele Shan, MM FPs are more dependent on your role. I would say it takes 45 mins on average to get a queue pop as a dps because there are so many, tanks are almost always insta queue, and healers are a toss up, it's either instant or 20+ minutes.

SM Ops are about right, but as of late it can take 10+ mins just to put lockout runs together, a bit faster when the weekly is active.

PvP is about right, but some game types take longer, and running into stacked teams sucks for trying to get medals.

But GSF is a nightmare on SS. I picked it up early Tuesday (10ish est(maybe earlier?)) to try and get it done before the mission swapped at 2, and it took 4+ hours to get 5 matches. 3 wins, 1 of which didn't count to finish the weekly, a loss, and a final win in the form of not having enough people in the match to continue. But what sucks even more than having to wait an hour on average for GSF queue pops, is that from my experience with it, you're either on a team that is completely wrecking the other, or you're the one getting wrecked. Granted I don't have much time in it, but that's usually my experience with it. It's just not fun running into people that play it on a daily basis with fully upgraded ships, blowing you up before you even realize you're being attacked, on top of not wanting to play the game mode in the first place, on top of long queue time, and then there is the wins not counting bug that still exists.

Which btw, I put in a ticket with support about the win not counting because I thought it would be faster than getting a 4th win, and I tacked on the bottom that people are gonna riot about it being GSF again, and I got the same generic reply that my buddy got for putting a ticket in solely about it being GSF for a 3rd week. Support didn't acknowledge the win not counting in any way and just closed the ticket.

Rion_Starkiller
05.23.2019 , 09:19 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
If people dont like RNG, then propose a system that is game balanced, but also balanced for all types of players, playstyles, playtimes, etc that doesnt have any RNG. Good luck with that.
A lot of the RNG-hatred could be assuaged by certain tweaks, such as removing or reducing the odds of getting the EXACT SAME result as the last time. Because of this lack in design, we have the same GSF weekly for 3 weeks in a row. This lack is why people get non-optimal relic drops for 3 weeks in a row.

Secondly, lesser items should be RNG, while the top items should be ultra rare, but with a clear grind path. Let me explain, if a boss drops specific X item, but only a small percentage of the time -- this is fine. This is the same concept as an Ops boss like Corruptor Zero dropping his Corruptor Blade in DF. Now if Corruptor Zero had a chance to drop a special RNG loot box that might or might not contain the Corruptor Blade -- that is bad.

I know it sounds like aesthetics, but I can't tell you how annoying and frustrating it is to have the RNG vs grind roles reversed, or to stack RNG (a chance to win a crate that will give you a chance to win weighted gear crate).

I hope I haven't butchered my explanation.
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Lies have been corrected.

kodrac
05.23.2019 , 09:25 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
Keep up the good work BW. All voices matter, not just the ones who seem to have a problem with every decision that is made.
You're going to chastise me about an agenda and then post this bait? Really? Nice potshot at everyone though.
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
I’d find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.

philwil
05.23.2019 , 09:50 AM | #97
If you are looking for 'three wins', why not contribute. For the time it takes you to ****** and moan, you can be helping your team win.

The veteran pilots cant carry all you scrubs if you all just sit there, expecting to be carried. One solo vet cant carry people that have no clue.

You realize, if you make an effort, you get more exp/cxp/credits.

Yet, people still continue to just sit there and complain about not winning, whilst not contributing.
Harbinger Jedi Covenant Shadow Lands The Red Eclipse

Rion_Starkiller
05.23.2019 , 09:51 AM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
Step One: Troll
Step Two: Bait
Step Three: Report
Step Four: Rinse Repeat.
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Lies have been corrected.

ZeroTypeR
05.23.2019 , 10:03 AM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Lakemine View Post
Well...for starters....look at the Anthem subreddit where Ben Irving got moved too and see the salt that is going on there, and remember Ben was in charge during a lot of those times.

With Keith incoming, it has taken a bit, but he set out to fix things and somewhat they have been, since the mess of 5.0 that is. People can not expect Keith to come in and drop a full on xpac with features for every player type within a few months of him taking over as head, but now a year or so on, we get 6.0 announced. It takes a couple of years to make xpacs, let alone their limited personal. I gave him time, an so far he hasn't (most) disappointed. I will agree though that the Ossus design is flawed, and needs to be worked on, but they already said they will not fix anything regarding gear for Ossus before 6.0, so were stuck with it till Sep, when the level cap gets raised, most of the currencies get deleted/converted and a new gearing system is added and we have to redo everything or something new, we shall see.

(Also remember, we should be getting the article for how to gear in 6.0 in the next few weeks, so lets hold off till we read it and find out. Then we can praise or rant to our hearts content )
You are...correct. Most of the issues revolved around Ben Irving's callous decisions, and I have been mostly content with how things are going with Keith as the Lead Producer, mostly being the key word. So therefore, I will do exactly that and hold off till I know more, of course even then, I've said what I intended to say.

Sarova
05.23.2019 , 10:38 AM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
Umm, I just finished it last night, and finished it on two toons last week.
Not one of the wins I was in counted. What am I missing?
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - Make it Happen || Quinn Treats™
Allow us to Buy Multiples of the same Stronghold
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link