Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Timed weekly needs to be renamed to GSF weekly

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Timed weekly needs to be renamed to GSF weekly
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Benirons
05.21.2019 , 12:26 PM | #1
This is seriously bull. 3 weeks in a row now. I put up with this for 2 weeks and i really had my hopes up for getting what i thought would be SM ops for the weekly (or anything else for the matter, i dont care).

The pattern seems to be 2 weeks straight u get the same timed weekly. Since my recent return to the game a 3 week streak is unprecedented and very unwelcome.

Im seriously being pressed into queuing GSF while watching/doing whatever and just doing nothing cross my fingers for 3 wins eventually.

Is this what u guys want? This is not exactly conducive to a healthy gameplay environment.

RobertFKennedyUS
05.21.2019 , 12:43 PM | #2
I have to agree. I've got 100% legacy GSF completion, 10:1 kill:death ratio on my sorc, and this incessant GSF is clearly a failure. I can play GSF, but the mission for the crystal is badly flawed, obviously a lot of people don't like GSF, and 3 weeks in a row is very poor.

Moderation in all things

― Aristotle
Undo the tank nerf. Find a different way to deal with skank tanks in warzones. The tank nerf really sucks.

sdom
05.21.2019 , 12:48 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Benirons View Post
This is seriously bull. 3 weeks in a row now. I put up with this for 2 weeks and i really had my hopes up for getting what i thought would be SM ops for the weekly (or anything else for the matter, i dont care).

The pattern seems to be 2 weeks straight u get the same timed weekly. Since my recent return to the game a 3 week streak is unprecedented and very unwelcome.

Im seriously being pressed into queuing GSF while watching/doing whatever and just doing nothing cross my fingers for 3 wins eventually.

Is this what u guys want? This is not exactly conducive to a healthy gameplay environment.
Exactly. I just saw that there and I literally came on to make the exact same post.
Its settled. Idc about the next expansion
Bioware is clearly trying to kill this game off.
We've had 5.10 six months now.
There's no way they don't understand that people don't want to do the weekly as a GSF mission.
It's walking on to a ground based fighting, PVE planet and being told that to progress on it you must adapt a completely new playstyle or suffer a reduction in rewards.
GSF has nothing to do with Ossus.
Warzones arguably do as they are ground combat training scenarios but not GSF.

Instead of listening to the hundreds of posts from players who went out their way to express to Bioware the concerns they have - all with intents to help them keep this game running well for its majority playerbase.

They just seem to want to force you to play GSF content regardless of how you feel about it.
I bet no one has and they can't forge the correct activity report so they just ran it consecutively.
Lets all continue to not do the weekly when its GSF and miss out.
Just to stick it to them and let them know we will not be muscled into letting them choose what we do with our own money.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Forceal Forcealia Joli Bindo
Lekku Lasher Aytris Artery Clogger
Ophelia Crak Boom Boom Needhealsplox

ClamEatsCurry
05.21.2019 , 01:01 PM | #4
Normally when it's just a week then it's like fair enough, this game isn't meant solely for me and there are people who DO enjoy GSF so a week dedicated to them is fine, maybe even two weeks. However three weeks in a row is completely unacceptable. Regardless of what I think of GSF or whether or not people like it or not they need to set up an actual rotation if it is just based solely on rng. People who enjoy pve and ground-based pvp also need their modes represented and three weeks in a row of the same mission regardless of your feelings towards it is awful.
Haertzen - <Hates You>
Heartzen - <It's Not A Trap>

Maxarmstrong
05.21.2019 , 01:03 PM | #5
Pew Pew Pew!

Thanks BioWare, I'm enjoying it!
<OMGLAZERGUNKITTENS>

RobertFKennedyUS
05.21.2019 , 01:10 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by sdom View Post
Bioware is clearly trying to kill this game off.
They're in league with both the Illuminati and the Yeti.
Undo the tank nerf. Find a different way to deal with skank tanks in warzones. The tank nerf really sucks.

Loracks
05.21.2019 , 01:12 PM | #7
3rd week of GSF tells me you guys dont give a f**k about pretty much anything going on in game.

kodrac
05.21.2019 , 01:28 PM | #8
RNG! Isn't it exciting?
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
Id find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.

Loadsamonie
05.21.2019 , 01:36 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Benirons View Post

You could actually, you know, try to learn GSF and enjoy it for the great game that it is. Too many people complain about GSF and don't give it a fair chance or appreciate how deep and well-designed it really is.

If you seriously hate GSF that much, don't do the weekly. Get your crystals elsewhere. You lose out on one stinking crystal, big deal.

sdom
05.21.2019 , 01:46 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by RobertFKennedyUS View Post
They're in league with both the Illuminati and the Yeti.
I doubt that because Illuminati are experts at mind control so if they were cultists we'd probably take GSF and thank them for it.
They're not in league with Yeti - they are Yeti - neckbeards that never leave the house and spend all day on the PC, yet still never seem to browse the correct material we need them to.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Forceal Forcealia Joli Bindo
Lekku Lasher Aytris Artery Clogger
Ophelia Crak Boom Boom Needhealsplox