Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Ultimate Guide of Guides for SWTOR 2019

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Ultimate Guide of Guides for SWTOR 2019

ceryxp
04.05.2019 , 06:32 AM | #71
Excellent guide, as always, and a valuable resource that I have directed many a player to.

Just one thing. Because the links specify a page number if someone has changed the number of posts per page from the default (I have mine set to 40) then they don't open the linked post. For example, since I see 40 posts per page, the post for Achievements, post #33, is on the first page, but when I click on the link it opens a new tab at the top of page 2. If you remove the page number from the link they'll work regardless of the number of posts displayed per page. For example, the link for class guides is currently:
Code:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=958684&page=2#edit9687192
But if you change it to:
Code:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=958684#post9687192
Just replace the "&page=2#edit" with "#post" and it will always open that post. Alternatively, you could use the post link like I did above.

* Had to use code tags so the URL wouldn't be truncated.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

OggieOgilthorpe
04.11.2019 , 11:24 AM | #72
Wow! This is really (the Ultimate guide of guides). Well appreciated, thank you.
From Québec with love, Pierre.

Sardar
04.29.2019 , 10:18 PM | #73
Wow.. A lot of these I knew about, but there were so many others I have never seen yet.

You have done well on this guide an d I think Ultimate Guide is by far an understatement of this guide.

Thank you so much for this guide, from a player who has been a subscriber since day one and also for many of the new players, or older players as well.

I'm going to have plenty of reading to do now to see what other things there are that I didn't know before. It's always good learning new things in this game.

Thanks again and if I see any other guides that aren't mentioned I will add the link as well. It's always good to keep this game alive by things that help all players.

LadyAdmiral
05.01.2019 , 11:16 AM | #74
I'm back from Celebration! Tons of new guides have popped up since before I left!

If you know of a guide that should be on this list, please post it!

Quote: Originally Posted by OggieOgilthorpe View Post
Wow! This is really (the Ultimate guide of guides). Well appreciated, thank you.
Thank you!

Quote: Originally Posted by Sardar View Post
Wow.. A lot of these I knew about, but there were so many others I have never seen yet.

You have done well on this guide an d I think Ultimate Guide is by far an understatement of this guide.

Thank you so much for this guide, from a player who has been a subscriber since day one and also for many of the new players, or older players as well.

I'm going to have plenty of reading to do now to see what other things there are that I didn't know before. It's always good learning new things in this game.

Thanks again and if I see any other guides that aren't mentioned I will add the link as well. It's always good to keep this game alive by things that help all players.
I've discovered SO MANY guides I never knew about while making this!

Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
Excellent guide, as always, and a valuable resource that I have directed many a player to.

Just one thing. Because the links specify a page number if someone has changed the number of posts per page from the default (I have mine set to 40) then they don't open the linked post. For example, since I see 40 posts per page, the post for Achievements... [snip]
When I go to the second link in your example it doesn't work Going to stick to my original links, hopefully anyone in your situation can figure out to scroll/skip through the pages for their topic of choice.
~ Swtorista

LadyAdmiral
05.06.2019 , 02:24 PM | #75
I've whipped up a new guide, Groupfinder Flashpoints Beginner's Guide | Video. Vulkk's also been great and his EndGame Gearing Guide for PvE and PvP is now up to date for 5.10!
~ Swtorista

gottaloveme
05.12.2019 , 12:13 AM | #76
thank you there is so much to know about this game and this makes it better. Do you know or have you got a link to learn how to use command coins or tokens that you get past level 70?

SummerRayne
05.12.2019 , 09:44 AM | #77
This guide is awesome. Thank you so much for this!

I'm not a new player, but a returning player. I primarily played at launch for some time, but haven't really played in years. A lot has changed in the game since I last really played, so this guide is beyond helpful and has helped me to find all the answers I was looking for, and then some.

I am having a great time getting into the game again. One thing I really, really wish I could do was somehow have the option to turn XP off. I'm not the type of player who cares about speed leveling or rushing through content. It seems the leveling speed has greatly increased since I last played and I am outleveling content way too fast making everything seem way too trivial. I'm almost level 16 and just left Korriban, when I should be finishing up Droumand Kass, a bit of a turnoff to the game but trying to ignore it.

Got off topic a bit there, but thanks again for all the work you put into this guide! It's truly great!

LadyAdmiral
05.13.2019 , 02:18 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by gottaloveme View Post
thank you there is so much to know about this game and this makes it better. Do you know or have you got a link to learn how to use command coins or tokens that you get past level 70?
Hi! Info about tokens should be in any of the general gearing guides. In short, you can spend the command tokens on some good entry-level gear with a set bonus, in the supplies section of the fleet. They are also legacy-bound, so you can earn them on one character and spend them on another. Here's a link to my guide section on it: https://swtorista.com/articles/how-t...Command_Tokens - be aware that if you are level 70 it's better to work on Ossus gearing for the best/fastest gear

Quote: Originally Posted by SummerRayne View Post
This guide is awesome. Thank you so much for this!

I'm not a new player, but a returning player. I primarily played at launch for some time, but haven't really played in years. A lot has changed in the game since I last really played, so this guide is beyond helpful and has helped me to find all the answers I was looking for, and then some.

I am having a great time getting into the game again. One thing I really, really wish I could do was somehow have the option to turn XP off. I'm not the type of player who cares about speed leveling or rushing through content. It seems the leveling speed has greatly increased since I last played and I am outleveling content way too fast making everything seem way too trivial. I'm almost level 16 and just left Korriban, when I should be finishing up Droumand Kass, a bit of a turnoff to the game but trying to ignore it.

Got off topic a bit there, but thanks again for all the work you put into this guide! It's truly great!
Welcome back!! I'm glad the list has been useful!

And yeah, leveling is crazy fast. The good news is the level sync will temporarily "downgrade you" so you can still get rewards/ XP
~ Swtorista

Shirreer
05.14.2019 , 07:26 AM | #79
The amount of work that went into this is mind blowing! As a returning player, thank you for making it easy to rediscover the game!

LadyAdmiral
05.15.2019 , 05:39 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Shirreer View Post
The amount of work that went into this is mind blowing! As a returning player, thank you for making it easy to rediscover the game!
Cheers and welcome back!
~ Swtorista