Question about HK-55 CC item.

LanceDefender

I want to ask you if someone know for sure if HK-55 mission and comp item grants acces to these for only one character or for whole account?

Because in the description it says it grants acces to your character, so I want to be sure.

3,8k for only one character is too much.

PS. I'll not argument here, I want only answer.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to ask you if someone know for sure if HK-55 mission and comp item grants acces to these for only one character or for whole account?

Because in the description it says it grants acces to your character, so I want to be sure.

3,8k for only one character is too much.

PS. I'll not argument here, I want only answer.

Looks like per character. Says so in the tool tip and when you go to purchase, there is no character and account option with two different prices. Just one option and a single price so based on normal trends with how Character vs Account normally looks when you make a purchase. So putting all that together. Just per character.

I can't access the game right now, but I've seen there's an unlock in the legacy window next to HK-51 & Treek. What does that do?

Looks like the ability to unlock it via the legacy window instead of having to go to the Cartel Market. Whether its the 3800 or not remains to be seen.

• Dev Post

Hey all,

To clear up any confusion, here is how the HK-55 Chapter Unlock works. Purchasing this item will unlock it on your entire account. You will not be able to use the item after purchasing it unless the character is eligible (which means completed Chapter IX). If an eligible character uses the item and does not see the Alliance Alert, relog. Any other character should now see it as an Alliance Alert only if they are eligible. If they aren't they will see it pop as an Alert as soon as they are.

Thanks all.

-eric

Hey all,

To clear up any confusion, here is how the HK-55 Chapter Unlock works. Purchasing this item will unlock it on your entire account. You will not be able to use the item after purchasing it unless the character is eligible (which means completed Chapter IX). If an eligible character uses the item and does not see the Alliance Alert, relog. Any other character should now see it as an Alliance Alert only if they are eligible. If they aren't they will see it pop as an Alert as soon as they are.

Thanks all.

-eric

My son bought HK on his knight and played through it without a hitch. He has been dying to get the chapter ever since he started playing! He switched to his warrior who also had finished all of the chapters and alerts, but there is no new alert for HK. In the legacy window it shows the unlock. We haven't been able to see if logging and re-logging pop the alert for this second character since the server went down.

The server is back up and he still doesn't have the alert.

Edited by Damask_Rose

My son bought HK on his knight and played through it without a hitch. He has been dying to get the chapter ever since he started playing! He switched to his warrior who also had finished all of the chapters and alerts, but there is no new alert for HK. In the legacy window it shows the unlock. We haven't been able to see if logging and re-logging pop the alert for this second character since the server went down.

Did he unlock the account wide perk in the legacy window in the "Other" section? The CM purchase is just for one character. You then have to go to the legacy window in "Other" and on the bottom right purchase the unlocks for account use.

It seems a bit expensive for 3800 Cartel Coins (nearly $40) for old content.

Especially when many people just spent all of their CC’s in the last 5 weeks of sales.

It would have been good to announce this was coming.5 weeks ago.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Did he unlock the account wide perk in the legacy window in the "Other" section? The CM purchase is just for one character. You then have to go to the legacy window in "Other" and on the bottom right purchase the unlocks for account use.

When you use the item it fills in the spots in the legacy tab so there is no longer an option to buy anything there. It just shows that you already have it. As Eric said, just a few posts up, there is only one item and it's a legacy wide item.

Especially when many people just spent all of their CC’s in the last 5 weeks of sales.

The 3800cc is for a fun alert, one of the best chapters they made and two companions. The two companions alone put it on par with the rest of the cartel market. It was datamined a few months ago, an people said they saw on the PTS, though I didn't check it myself.

• Dev Post

The Alliance Alert that should be received is Arma Rasa, that is the setup for the HK Chapter. With that complete they should then receive the Chapter Shroud of Memory. You can him double check in the Chapters UI. Shroud of Memory should appear the very bottom of the KOTFE list, see if it can be launched from there. Let me know if this still isn't working and I can have the team look into it.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

The Alliance Alert that should be received is Arma Rasa, that is the setup for the HK Chapter. With that complete they should then receive the Chapter Shroud of Memory. You can him double check in the Chapters UI. Shroud of Memory should appear the very bottom of the KOTFE list, see if it can be launched from there. Let me know if this still isn't working and I can have the team look into it.

-eric

It still does not work. only character that used items have acces for now

-eric

If this is account unlock, please fix description of this item in cartel market and fix it so every character on account can play this chapter.

-eric

Me too bought it and completed it, but on other characters that should get alert didn't get alert.

Only character whom I used that item get alert.

Edited by LanceDefender

The 3800cc is for a fun alert, one of the best chapters they made and two companions. The two companions alone put it on par with the rest of the cartel market. It was datamined a few months ago, an people said they saw on the PTS, though I didn't check it myself.

I saw something about it on PTS and asked for it but no player, much less BW said anything: confirmed, denied, bug.... just nothing.

It really is a lot of money for very little OLD content. But what makes this worst is that is non tradable :mad:

I saw something about it on PTS and asked for it but no player, much less BW said anything: confirmed, denied, bug.... just nothing.

It really is a lot of money for very little OLD content. But what makes this worst is that is non tradable :mad:

It may be "old content" but it's something that has been requested for years. I personally expected for it to be more considering the amount of sub time players originally had to pay to get it. It's that fact that I'm sure is the reason they made it "non-tradable" as a compromise. I know "it was sub time" and I've heard all the arguments both ways so lets not beat a dead horse. Either way if ypu consider that the generic comps on the CM are roughly 2100 (not on sale) and another CC charge on top on that for an account unlock going that route may be a bit cheaper but here you're getting 2 automatically legacy unlocked comps plus that "old content" that everybody loves (not to mention the ability to receive a previously locked away achievement and title) 3800 is already a pretty good bargain from that perspective imo.

(Now how about that 47 skin Musco? ;) )

Edited by TyrFoge

BTW, does anybody else think that 3800 CC I believe is was, is a major rip-off for that chapter, even more for long standing non stop subs like me who started to play 1 week after the chapter was avaialble to anyone?

But even in general I regard that as a major rip-off, for everyone.

Yep, not only a bit actually, it's a joke.

I always find it helpful to convert Cartel Coins to actual dollars and cents :

$ 3 for 250 CC (1.20 cents per Cartel Coin)

3800 CC = $ 45.45

$ 5 for 450 CC (1.11 cents per Cartel Coin)

3800 CC = $ 42.14

$ 10 for 1050 CC (0.95 cents per Cartel Coin)

3800 CC = $ 36.15

$ 20 for 2400 CC (0.83 cents per Cartel Coin)

3800 CC = $ 31.65

$ 40 for 5500 CC (0.73 cents per Cartel Coin)

3800 CC = $ 27.63

$ 100 for 14500 CC (0.69 cents per Cartel Coin)

3800 CC = $ 26.20

(You'll have to add in sales tax, depending on where you live.)

At best, you can get the HK-55 bonus chapter for $ 26 (plus tax), but only if you put down $100 for Cartel Coins all at once, which might be difficult for some people, especially since they probably already spent as much as they could on Cartel Coins during the Grand Galactic Sale.

Is $26 to $45 for this chapter a bargain or a ripoff? As is always the case, the answer varies dramatically depending on an individual person's financial circumstances.

Edited by Phenglei