Playing GTN

homppu

Hello fellow players!

For a while I have tried to get into GTN but for me the hard part have been finding what market I should get into. I know that this is server specific but I am not going to ask you to give out your secrets. I, however, would like to get a few tips about where to start, e.g., Should I start buying high level materials or maybe mid level earpieces or maybe cartel pack items?

ALL of them :).

Seriously, get into as many markets as possible. The more diverse your product list is the more likely you are to have a steady income stream.

All markets fluctuate due to supply and demand. It's the double whammy of high supply (from many sellers) and low demand that crashes a particular item's value. The value eventually rises again, but diversity allows you to ride out that crash by having made something else.

It's really finding something that works for you. If you want to spend lots of time flipping or farming mats to sell then you can do that.

I find niches, it doesn't give me some huge income but I make a good amount and it's more interesting than being a mat factory. My latest was building mainhand's for the level 53s with the craftable artefact upgrades I've REd.

Someone has found my items and is trying to flip but he's charging 4x buying the mods separately so I don't think he'll make much :)

My advice is to pick a couple of markets that include items you're actually interested in. Because it's hard to keep track of, say, the pet market if you really couldn't care less about pets. Personally, I watch the mount market like a hawk because I like viewing the wide variety of rides...and (more importantly/profitably) I pay very close attention to the augment market, because ultimately I want to augment all of my characters.

Seems obvious, perhaps, but I think having a personal stake or interest in the market you're following helps keep you invested. And the more invested you are, the easier it is to note and take advantage of trends.

Edited by MaximilianPower

Start in a few markets by seeing what you can make or gather that will make a profit and be worth your time to do,

I do an item test for price and unit price before I put an item up, as the markets change.

Trying to do to many markets at the start may prove overwhelming, start small then expand, you may hold items back for better prices, or go to a new market.

This is for entertainment first, not to pay utility bills, do not make it tedious work.

Even something as boring as sending companions to gather mats and selling them can pay for ops repairs and a positive credit flow over time.

Alts can create and sustain a synergistic crafting legacy with crafting alt's or main's working together to benefit you the player. ie designated crafting alts can let your main toons take biochem for end game content (reusable stims and adrenals)

That is my advice, this is what I do casually and keep it fun.