New Crafter. Ways to make easy credits?

Jedi_Knight_Jess

Rolling happily along with my now Lv. 15 Commando. Finally figured out how to craft. Picked the following skills

*Armormech

* Salvaging

* Underworld Trading

UT is a taaad pricey for me ATM, so I'm leveling armor and salvage, and both are almost at 30. I'm at the fleet currently, and using poor Jorgan to spam belts and boots since I got a ton of, dense, I think it's called? From REing old gear and getting lucky on Coruscant

Now I'm reselling the extra gear to vendors, but there's a better way to make credits right?

I'm only able to craft basic heavy and medium armor parts at the moment.... am I doing something wrong?

If this is your first toon, I would recommend gathering Scavenging materials and running UT missions and then selling the raw materials on the GTN.

Crafting low-to-mid-level Armormech gear is unlikely to make as much money as just selling the raw materials.

Once you get armormech to 450, you can make decent money crafting MK-9 Augmentation Kits and Grade 28 Augments.

Edit:

Incidentally, one of the reasons Scavenging and Underworld Trading sells so well, is there are multiple crafting professions that can use them.

Scavenging is used by Armormech, Armstech and Cybertech.

Underworld Trading is used by Armormech, Cybertech and Synthweaving.

Edited by Khevar

Hm... I didn't know you could sell the raw materials. That's nice to know!

Is there a price range I should know for the GTN?

For leveling armortech....simply have a companion go on a mission to get the material, but don't bother crafting anything?

Prices tend to fluxuate. Here's what I suggest:

1. Open the GTN terminal interface.

2. Shift-Click on the item in your inventory you want to sell. This will auto-fill the search window to find that item.

3. Click Search and you'll see everyone else's prices for that same item.

4. Sort by per-item price.

5. Sell your materials just below the lowest price.

After a while, you'll get a feel for what average prices are for materials. Then if someone comes along and vastly undercuts the current market average, you can wait until it is bought up, then relist your item at the usual rate.

As far as leveling Armormech, I would wait until you've unlocked all 5 companions (will happen late in your leveling experience). Make sure not to sell ALL of your scavenging materials, keep some in your Cargo Hold.

Then you go to the Armormech trainer, and buy the highest level schematic available (the color will be orange, meaning that it will raise your skill by 2 points every time you craft it).

Then queue up each of your 5 companions to craft 2 pieces each of that schematic. This will bump your skill by 20 points, and unlock the next level of gear you can craft. Again, buy the highest schematic from the trainer you can (making sure it is also orange), then craft 2 each x 5 companions.

Rinse and repeat.

You will be able to get to 450 very quickly, so long as you've saved up enough scavenging materials along the way.

Edited by Khevar

Prices tend to fluxuate. Here's what I suggest:

1. Open the GTN terminal interface.

2. Shift-Click on the item in your inventory you want to sell. This will auto-fill the search window to find that item.

3. Click Search and you'll see everyone else's prices for that same item.

4. Sort by per-item price.

5. Sell your materials just below the lowest price.

After a while, you'll get a feel for what average prices are for materials. Then if someone comes along and vastly undercuts the current market average, you can wait until it is bought up, then relist your item at the usual rate.

As far as leveling Armormech, I would wait until you've unlocked all 5 companions (will happen late in your leveling experience). Make sure not to sell ALL of your scavenging materials, keep some in your Cargo Hold.

Then you go to the Armormech trainer, and buy the highest level schematic available (the color will be orange, meaning that it will raise your skill by 2 points every time you craft it).

Then queue up each of your 5 companions to craft 2 pieces each of that schematic. This will bump your skill by 20 points, and unlock the next level of gear you can craft. Again, buy the highest schematic from the trainer you can (making sure it is also orange), then craft 2 each x 5 companions.

Rinse and repeat.

You will be able to get to 450 very quickly, so long as you've saved up enough scavenging materials along the way.

http://www.swtorcrewskills.com/swtor-crafting-skills/swtor-armormech-leveling-guide has a good list of approximate materials needed to level armormech from 1-400. 401-450 is current top end so you can collect as many materials as you can and you will get to 450 armormech eventually.