Stick with Synthweaving or switch?

tpolhemus

Hey I'm just looking for some advice. I am leveling my first toon which is currently a lvl 35 Jedi Sage. I am around 310 synthweaving with around 300 archaeology and 250 underworld trading.

I intend on playing predominatly pvp at endgame and from what I have been reading it seems like biochem or cybertech would be more useful.

Is it worth it to finish out synthweaving or should I change now before I finish?

Any help will be greatly appreaciated

Hey I'm just looking for some advice. I am leveling my first toon which is currently a lvl 35 Jedi Sage. I am around 310 synthweaving with around 300 archaeology and 250 underworld trading.

I intend on playing predominatly pvp at endgame and from what I have been reading it seems like biochem or cybertech would be more useful.

Is it worth it to finish out synthweaving or should I change now before I finish?

Any help will be greatly appreaciated

Well, it depends. What do you want out of your crafting? Are you looking to accumulate as many credits as possible, or do you just want stuff you're going to use yourself? Or a little of both?

Synth has its uses. At minimum, you could craft all your augments and aug kits with it, which are important for high-level pvp. You would save some cash; on my server, the mk-9 kits generally go for ~70k and the augments themselves around 95k (purple 28), and you need one of each for every piece of armor. Decking yourself out in augmented gear isn't cheap.

However, I don't know if I'd keep the skill just for that reason alone. Aside from augments, it isn't a great money-maker. I think most people agree CT is superior for that purpose.

Biochem is also a good skill, because you can make reusable medpacs/stims/adrenals that will improve your own performance, plus you can sell the non-reusable stuff to make a few credits. The implant market is decent, too.

So, I'd say you should figure out what your priorities are, and then select a skill that seems to fit your needs. One thing I wouldn't worry too much about is "wasting" the time/effort you've already spent leveling your current skills. Yes, it might take a couple of days to get back to the ~300 range on your new skills, but the brief grind will be over before you know it. If you're playing that character consistently and you have at least a few extra credits, you can easily blast through crew skill missions and get back up to 200 in 1-2 days. You'll quickly catch up on any gathering skills like scavenging, at which point you can level that skill simply by playing the game and collecting nodes.

Don't stress it too much. You can make enough with synthweaving to buy blue versions of what you want for end game PvP. The reusables are awesome but blues aren't that hard to get in quantities to supply your PvP play.

Ideally I'd create other toons for Biochem and Cybertech, they can craft disposable stuff for you. And like was mentioned before. Augments and augment kits are a huge endgame cost. Making your own can save massive money.