[GUIDE] Enhancement Naming Conventions - Updated for 2.0

Osskask

Once I maxed out on my Artifice, I had a hard time keeping straight all of the enhancements I could craft (actually, I only knew the names of the enhancements I'd crafted to get to 450 Artifice and the ones I'd purchased as a commendation reward). I took some time, did a little spreadsheeting, and thought that a guide explaining it would be helpful. Now that 2.0 is out, a lot of the minor errors that existed on the 22 grade enhancements have been fixed with the 28 and above series.

There are four classes of enhancements: Accuracy, Alacrity, Shield, and Surge. No enhancement will have two of these statistics.

Of each class of enhancement, there are 12 enhancements that fall into one of three categories that differ only in whether they favor the attribute (Absorption, Critical Rating, Defense Rating, Power) or Endurance.

Below is a list that I compiled to make finding the enhancement I want to craft easier using the numbers from the 28 series of enhancements (i.e. Advanced Immunity Enhancement 28). I hope it might be beneficial to others.

• Accuracy Enhancements
    • Stat Favored:
      • Absorption: Kinetic
      • Critical Rating: Acute
      • Defense Rating: Protection
      • Power: Initiative

[*]Endurance Favored:

• Absorption: Cognizant/Lucid
      • Critical Rating: Finesse/Intensity
      • Defense Rating: Intuition/Astute
      • Power: Proficient/Studious

• Alacrity Enhancements:
    • Stat Favored:
      • Absorption: Dexterous
      • Critical Rating: Insight
      • Defense Rating: Counterstrike
      • Power: Quick Savant

[*]Endurance Favored:

• Absorption: Sagacity/Sentient
      • Critical Rating: Volition/Warfare
      • Defense Rating: Adroit/Wisdom
      • Power: Savant/Barrage

• Shield Enhancements:
    • Stat Favored:
      • Absorption: Sturdiness
      • Critical Rating: Skirmish
      • Defense Rating: Immunity
      • Power: Reflective

[*]Endurance Favored:

• Absorption: Bulwark/Vigilant
      • Critical Rating: Veracity/Erudition
      • Defense Rating: Bastion/Steadfast
      • Power: Verity/Foresight

• Surge Enhancements:
    • Stat Favored:
      • Absorption: Safeguard
      • Critical Rating: Battle
      • Defense Rating: Resist
      • Power: Adept

[*]Endurance Favored:

• Absorption: Inertial/Ward
      • Critical Rating: Assault/Wily
      • Defense Rating: Incisive/Severe
      • Power: Efficient/Discipline

Originally posted here, I've updated this to reflect 2.0 changes. Actual numbers for the bonuses from each enhancement are here.

Edited by JackieKo

TYVM! This is so much clearer.

While these are all you could craft, there was a discussion on the other thread of the ones that are more desirable to R/E to purple and/or craft.

Are there still about a half dozen that will show up in the recommended list of any class? But with the 2.0 crit & alac changes I suspect that has changed?

TYVM! This is so much clearer.

While these are all you could craft, there was a discussion on the other thread of the ones that are more desirable to R/E to purple and/or craft.

Are there still about a half dozen that will show up in the recommended list of any class? But with the 2.0 crit & alac changes I suspect that has changed?

For Tanks:

I've been running some numbers for Tanks, and the absolute best enhancements in game are Advanced Immunity Enhancement 28 (for Jugg/Assassin) and Advanced Sturdiness Enhancement 28 (for Jugg/Powertech). This is because there are not 30 or 31 variants of these, and they give the most secondary stats.

For DPS/Healers:

Acute and Initiative for Accuracy Enhancements, Insight and Quick Savant for Alacrity Enhancements, Battle and Adept for Surge Enhancements. There are 30 and 31 versions, but crafting the 28s is a decent upgrade from Dread Guard (especially if you're gearing alts or companions), and the market has been pretty decent so far for all of them.

Many of my guildies are running 5 Adept Enhancements, 1 Quick Savant Enhancement, and 1 Battle Enhancement or 2 Initiative Enhancements, 4 Adept Enhancements, and 2 Battle Enhancements.

Edited by Osskask
formatting

• 2 months later...
Aren't there enhancements that don't fall into any of the 4 stat categories? For example, a Crit+Power enhancement?

Prior to 2.0, Advanced Reflective Enhancement 21 and Advanced Reflective Enhancement 22 provided Endurance and Shield, as well as Critical and Shield. However, Bioware took a look at the enhancements and fixed this with the new enhancements. Now, the Advanced Reflective Enhancement 28 only provides Endurance, Shield, and Power - it no longer provides any critical rating.

• 2 months later...

Killer thread, got this one bookmarked. Thanks for taking the time to get this going!

I made the mistake of buying EVERY available schematic from my Artifice trainer when i was leveling,:mad: so now i have a heck of a time filtering through them lol

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Good job on making this, dude, but I'm confused, what is the point in having this if it is relatively easy to get gear from operations and pvp on the max level, and all that gear has better enhancements? Or is there a way to get schematics for better enhancements? When I chose artifice for a crew skill when I started playing I thought i would be able to make lightsabers and crystals that would be better than those i could get by doing ops and fp on the max level. What is the point in having 450 in artifice if I can't get any good gear from it? Atleast if I could make something that would look somewhat unique I'd be happy, but this is just sad..

• 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Given that Artifice no longer makes enhancements, how about unstickying this thread?

Bump.

Also, I don't think it is fair on Artificers lost all their artifact schematics they learned. It's not even available as an archive. I don't see what we got in return to craft just for Artifice to compensate for that. We got the raw end of the deal I feel :mad:

Edited by FragRockKnuckles

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...